Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you looked at the pacers schedule coming out of the Allstar Break - wow

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Have you looked at the pacers schedule coming out of the Allstar Break - wow

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly hope it does get ugly with regards to the W/L column during that stretch. It bothers me that as recently as last week we're still getting reports on how the players and the team still thinks this season is about pushing to the playoffs.

It's not happening, and continuing to grasp at straws trying just makes it more painful.

I hope this stretch beats some sense into them and forces them to call it a year.

What difference will that make? Not a lot other than maybe they'll stop pretending they're going to compete for the post-season (which is annoying and borderline patronizing to those that know better), and perhaps more minutes for Price, McRoberts, if he comes back Tyler, Solomon. Rush and Roy already play a lot, though I wouldn't be offended if they get even more minutes. Let Roy foul out if it comes to that.
    Well my expectations are on your side, but if I can go a little Buck here let me also say that if they were to rip off a nice set of wins, maybe .500 or better during this stretch, then it kind of would justify their own claims about being in the playoff hunt.

Much like I said for JOB going into the year, the real outcome is kind of in their own hands now. Either they get slaughtered and realize it's over or they make good and do deserve credit for being playoff capable.

Again, that's IF, IF, IF they win a good portion of these games.

Then the flipside fear is that they get thumped most nights like we expect and STILL we get denial and limited PT/development for the future. That's when you really tear your hair out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Have you looked at the pacers schedule coming out of the Allstar Break - wow

Nearly all NBA games for $160. That's $2 and some change for almost every game your favorite team plays. League pass is awesome and worth paying for even when your team stinks. Beats the hell out of paying for tickets and hot dogs for two for $160, at least in terms of value. Besides, I'm always game for a Lebron show when the Pony's are losing.

Hmmm, the "streak of death" makes me wonder if teams considering a mid-season trade often try to pull one off before the all-star break to give the new player a crash course before things pick back up post-break.

If Larry has any aspirations to make a trade to improve this year's playoff chances, one might hope that we'll hear something within the next 48 hours.

Then again, perhaps silence is golden after all.

Mood

Wow, I knew it was gonna be rough but not quite this rough.

That's a rough stetch no doubt. If we get two wins during that time frame I think you almost have to consider that a sucess.

As to the season itself???

Sadly the truth was staring us in the face right out of the gate, but I think a lot of us held out hope that it would get better. But the truth is that this season has been over since the late part of November.

I officially threw in the towel sometime in the December when we went on that 8 game losing streak and Danny went down.

This season, like all Pacers seasons it seems, has had its share of injured players but to believe that this season was lost due to injury would be a mistake.

If everyone was healthy we might be looking at maybe 5 to 10 more wins tops. Sure that is better but at the end of the day it's not good enough.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I miss Reggie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well this trip should solidify our position as having an excellent chance at a top 5 pick in the lottery.

Things are not a dark as this season makes everything seem however.

I really think that if we draft a stud, and dump murphy, dunleavey, and ford and get 2 or 3 players that deserve to be payed what those 3 are currently being payed we could be a 48-50 win team in about two years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

0-11 baby!!! Lets not mess anything up. Lets make a push for John Wall. Minnesota has gone 5-5 over the last 10 games so we have a legit shot at finishing near the top of the Lottery if we just concentrate on the goal at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    Nearly all NBA games for $160. That's $2 and some change for almost every game your favorite team plays. League pass is awesome and worth paying for even when your team stinks. Beats the hell out of paying for tickets and hot dogs for two for $160, at least in terms of value. Besides, I'm always game for a Lebron show when the Pony's are losing.
    I agree with everything here except for the tickets part. I live out of town and would love to see the P's live on a regular basis. Fortunately league pass is available, I probably look forward to watching the tougher games more so than the games against teams that are... well, kind of like us.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post

Minnesota has gone 5-5 over the last 10 games so we have a legit shot at finishing near the top of the Lottery if we just concentrate on the goal at hand.

Not to mention Minnie has the opportunity to win it's next 2 games b4 Allstar break.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    0-11 baby!!! Lets not mess anything up. Lets make a push for John Wall. Minnesota has gone 5-5 over the last 10 games so we have a legit shot at finishing near the top of the Lottery if we just concentrate on the goal at hand.

Focus damn it! Focus
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

This season has woren on me like no other season in recent memory. I would just like the season to end today w/o the prolonged agony of dragging out of the rest of the season. My disinterest in the Pacers is extremely high. It's bad when you enjoy watching other teams play instead of the Pacers. Watching other teams do the things during games that the Pacers either don't or aren't capable of doing. Sadly remembering the days when the Pacers did and could do the those things. The true enjoyment of watching the Pacers play has vanished. I'm tired of watching the team play Jimmy's system of helter skelter run n gun with little "D". I'm tired of watching Jimmy trying to plug players into his system trying to make it work when those players aren't that type of players.

Since Bird hired Jimmy, how many new players have there been? Each year Bird gives Jimmy numerous new players that don't fit Jimmy system? Either you get players that does or you get a coach that fits the players. DUH BIRD, how hard is that to understand? Why keep getting players that don't work in the system or give the coach with a system that doesn't work with the players an extension to do the exact samething next year? How is that winning games or keeping the fan interest? How does that keep loyal fans from getting disinterested, throwing up their arms in disgust, and leaving? Oh yeah, you don't own the Pacers, so lost revenue isn't coming out of your pocket. If you got paid on accomplishments achieved, you would owe the Pacers!

I said last week in another thread at 50 games played that half the games to be played were against teams with 500 or better records, and to those thinking the playoffs were achieveable weren't being realistic. With the last 32 games to be played, it pretty much cements the Pacers in a 4-7 lottery pick. It's pretty bad when all the fans have left is wondering which pick placement the Pacers will end up getting. How exciting! I really don't see much more for next season either with Jimmy or with the current players. What I do foresee is more frustration and heartache for Pacers fans next year to have to endure. Thank you Mr. Bird, your profound legacy as a GM continues to march on.

Couldn't O'Brien schedule this better?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to btowncolt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    Couldn't O'Brien schedule this better?
    What?
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Thesterovic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by geetee View Post
    I agree with everything here except for the tickets part. I live out of town and would love to see the P's live on a regular basis. Fortunately league pass is available, I probably look forward to watching the tougher games more so than the games against teams that are... well, kind of like us.
    Going to the game can't be beat, but the value of League Pass is indisputable.

We are going to start the brutal stretch at 18-34 and (as of this post) the 4th most losses in the league.

Maybe we really will be in the Wall/Turner sweepstakes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    We are going to start the brutal stretch at 18-34 and (as of this post) the 4th most losses in the league.

Maybe we really will be in the Wall/Turner sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I just glanced at the schedule and I had no idea it was this tough. 3 weeks, no more than 1 days off between any games 4 sets of back to backs - two 4 game road trips against 6 of the top teams out west. .

Spurs
    @NO
    @Rockets
    @Dallas
    @Chicago
    Bucks
    Bulls
    @lakers
    @Portland
    @Denver
    @Phoenix

Wow, this is the toughest 3 weeks stretch of the season - I see maybe 2 wins there and probably 5 that they have no chance of winning. Probably split with the Bulls and then split the Bucks and Hornets games maybe. Pacers could play very well and still lose at Dallas, Denver, LA, Portland and Phoenix.
    i'd say they have perhaps a puncher's chance at 2-9 there. although they could very easily go 0-11. the only games they can win are the 2 home games against the bucks and bulls (if they are lucky and playing well). they will lose every away game (some by 20+).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    i'd say they have perhaps a puncher's chance at 2-9 there. .