Thread: Jeff Foster officially out for the year

Default Jeff Foster officially out for the year

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/foste...ry_100208.html

It says they expect him to be ready to play next year (and ready for training camp).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Jeff Foster officially out for the year

This confirms what many of us had thought. Darn shame for Foster in the immediate term, but if it helps his health for the rest of his life, then it is very much worthwhile.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

So not retiring as several of us have said he wouldn't.

Or do we get a curve ball later? I think it would be a mistake to end it on this note for him. If he comes back and still has issues then okay, the writings on the wall. But he's got to try to put up a better finish to his career than this season. I think it would bug him.

No comment. I'd just be !

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Or do we get a curve ball later? I think it would be a mistake to end it on this note for him. If he comes back and still has issues then okay, the writings on the wall. But he's got to try to put up a better finish to his career than this season. I think it would bug him.
    I'm sure he'll train to get back, but if it doesn't happen, then he'll make the call. Pacers might compromise and give him a good buyout just for being such a great PR man or give him a job in the front office/assistant coach.

Hmmm...full recovery for the next season? We just found our future starting PF alongside Hibbert, or a backup to Tyler Hansbrough.

I was at the STH party tonight, and Jeff was there with the rest of the team signing autographs. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits. Anyway, I was in another autograph line that curved right in front of the table that Foster was signing at. I overheard someone ask about the surgery.

Now, I've been to many autograph signings, here and elsewhere, involving great signers as well as crabapples. Some current or former players will say nothing or dodge questions when a fan asks; they are under no obligation to chit-chat with fans. However, Jeff responded that he indeed hoped to be back and playing next year. The response was genuine and enthusiastic, and reasonably optimistic, I believe.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I heard him talking to someone in the tunnel a few games ago, obviously before this was announced. At the time I couldn't follow it all without being blatantly rude but it sorta sounded like he was upbeat about being back this year, though he was also in a "we'll see" mood.

I just wish I knew then what I know now because obviously I would have pestered him.

Boy, that Detroit game 3 playoff reception he got after the brilliant game 2 effort. Highlight night for him, at least of the games I've attended. Hate to see him done. He's been a lot of fun to root for, just the nature of his game.

Hate to see him done. He's been a lot of fun to root for, just the nature of his game.
    Tries to do what he's supposed to do as a consummate team player, knows his limitations as a player, and he's also a class act. The exception to the rule, really, and probably the last of a dying breed. No "I" in Foster.