Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does the Super Bowl outcome affect your Pacer excitement?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default How does the Super Bowl outcome affect your Pacer excitement?

Just wondering. (Since I'm from Tennessee).

Does the outcome make you less interested in the Pacers, more interested, or have absolutely no effect?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: How does the Super Bowl outcome affect your Pacer excitement?

No effect...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

the only effect is that I can't wait for this season to be over...............

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have been paying very little attention to the Pacers lately despite paying 80 bucks for LPBB because they're really bad and not very fun to watch. The Colts losing does not change that the Pacers are really bad.

But, I still consider myself a Pacer game and with the NFL season over I will likely be watching more Pacer ball, primarily to see Rush, Hibbert, and Price continue to grow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been paying very little attention to the Pacers lately despite paying 80 bucks for LPBB because they're really bad and not very fun to watch. The Colts losing does not change that the Pacers are really bad.

But, I still consider myself a Pacer game and with the NFL season over I will likely be watching more Pacer ball, primarily to see Rush, Hibbert, and Price continue to grow.
    I do not pay 80 bucks for LPBB but I toatally agree with your post that the Pacers are really bad! I don't consider myself a Pacers game, lol That's just weird!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    I do not pay 80 bucks for LPBB but I toatally agree with your post that the Pacers are really bad! I don't consider myself a Pacers game, lol That's just weird!
    lol, meant to say Pacer fan. My mind is all over the place after the Colts loss

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

There was a football game today?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

if they win I am excited and keep my Pacer level stable...... if they lose I don't care bout any American Sports till the draft....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

sweabs

I have not enjoyed watching the Pacers this season. I cannot relate with the type of basketball they are playing. Every time I actually sit down to watch them play, I question why I love the game in the first place. It hurts me to see it being played the way it is...by my favourite team.

And then I have caught myself thinking "God...if I feel this way - then how do the people of Indiana feel? These are people who probably know a lot more about basketball than I do..."

I have always taken solace in knowing that they still have the Colts to support. The Colts, to me, represent everything (in terms of play) that the Pacers are not. They are a nice way to off-set the sorry excuse for "basketball" that has come to epitomize the Pacers. I think Indiana fans deserve the Colts in light of the Pacers recent developments. It is unfortunate to have their season end tonight as it did - but they're still a team with so much hope.

So for now, it concerns me that we may become bombarded with the negative crap we'll have to sit through without the Colts being there to balance things out. But we'll just have to keep the Colts in the back of our minds. Life will go on for the Colts...and I suppose it is important to remember that it'll go on for our Pacers as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sweabs For This Useful Post:

lol, meant to say Pacer fan. My mind is all over the place after the Colts loss
    I hear ya! Go Colts 2010!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    There was a football game today?
    WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    WIN
    Who dat? Must be a Saints fan!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No affect at all. Because the pacers ain't doin ******. Tank the damn season!!!!
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    I have not enjoyed watching the Pacers this season. I cannot relate with the type of basketball they are playing. Every time I actually sit down to watch them play, I question why I love the game in the first place. It hurts me to see it being played the way it is...by my favourite team.

And then I have caught myself thinking "God...if I feel this way - then how do the people of Indiana feel? These are people who probably know a lot more about basketball than I do..."

I have always taken solace in knowing that they still have the Colts to support. The Colts, to me, represent everything (in terms of play) that the Pacers are not. They are a nice way to off-set the sorry excuse for "basketball" that has come to epitomize the Pacers. I think Indiana fans deserve the Colts in light of the Pacers recent developments. It is unfortunate to have their season end tonight as it did - but they're still a team with so much hope.

So for now, it concerns me that we may become bombarded with the negative crap we'll have to sit through without the Colts being there to balance things out. But we'll just have to keep the Colts in the back of our minds. Life will go on for the Colts...and I suppose it is important to remember that it'll go on for our Pacers as well.
    At least we don't have to go through the next month hearing that we should have went for the Perfect Season. Just wasn't meant to be IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    Who dat? Must be a Saints fan!
    Nope. I like the Saints, but I'm not a fan. I was cheering on the Colts. I only consider myself a diehard fan of several basketball teams (i.e. the Pacers). I have almost no loyalties when it comes to football teams.

No effect at all, except as a football hater, I'm happy that football will clutter up my sports pages only one more day.*

* Just realized how ironic/silly that comes off given my screen name - suffice it to say, I used to like football - hate what it's become over the past couple decades. 'Tis a long story.
    Last edited by RomanGabriel; 02-07-2010 at 11:09 PM.

I was the same way but lately I've been getting more interested in how the young guys like Hibbert and Rush are improving. Actually bought a half-season NBALP pass the other day. I don't want to be a bandwagon fan, as long as we're building towards the future I have something to be hopeful about.

Football season being over and/or the Colts losing tonight won't change how I feel. And I imagine a bandwagon Pacers fan who can't even stand to watch games this year won't be much affected either. If they are more inclined to watch the games it's probably just because they're bored and that doesn't really make them fans.

I dunno about that. Really. When I think of what's wrong with the NBA I think of star treatment and everything NBA revolving around LeBron and Kobe and I hate that. At least the Pacers, as they're built right now, play as a team (for the most part) and have to rely on one another to have any hope of overcoming the Cleveland LeBrons, Los Angeles Moneymakers, New York Sternbockers or the Boston Perfects. The Indiana Pacers are again the true underdogs trying to claw their way to respectability when the league doesn't want them anywhere near the media. The fact that bleepin' Boston and L.A., championship teams, star studded teams with massive payrolls, are buying free agents that mediocre teams should be standing in line for but can't afford, that's when I begin to wonder how far a team like the Pacers can ever really get, no matter how good a team we put together. If Rush or Hibbert or a future pick of ours ever turned out to be that much needed superstar, it wouldn't matter because we couldn't pay him and he'd go on the payroll of the Almighty Lakers.

There's nothing wrong with the guys the Pacers have got. Nothing. They're doing all you can ask of them with what they're given.

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well all i have to say is that it just tells me what i going to happen to my baseball team this season............Pacers suck worse than well getting your electricty shut off during the middle of winter right after your car gets repoed and you lost your job.........the colts just lost the super bowl because well they didnt play the way the played all season and since we pulled the starters to "rest" we dont even have a perfect regular season.........so i can only imagine what heartache the cubs season will bring me.............stupid sports!!!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

A dash of extra depression, but otherwise, no.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBusVIP View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the guys the Pacers have got. Nothing. They're doing all you can ask of them with what they're given.
    I was not referring to the players. And I do not believe TPTB (coaching & mgmt) are doing everything they can with the players we currently have. It comes down to how you play the game...and the way our players are being told to play the game shows no respect for the game of basketball, or the fans who have to watch it. The Colts, on the other hand, are the complete opposite.

Mood

You know there was a 15 minute window of "crappy day" mood, but it quickly washed away remembering the 30 other teams who have felt that way for weeks now. Now it is back to Pacers and nothing to distract me from it.

I was not referring to the players. And I do not believe TPTB (coaching & mgmt) are doing everything they can with the players we currently have. It comes down to how you play the game...and the way our players are being told to play the game shows no respect for the game of basketball, or the fans who have to watch it. The Colts, on the other hand, are the complete opposite.
    Ah, well with that I'd tend to agree. Though not that it's a result of poor basketball knowledge or ineptitude, more that the teaching might be lacking.

First of all I don't think O'Brien is a good fit for this team. He's working mostly with young players yet runs a freewheeling, chaotic offense predicated on the three ball. I think this is maybe a better style for a more experienced and mature group of veterans. I also remember how Carlisle's structured system was loathed, when we had such veterans, and I have a suspicion his more controlled style would be better suited for young developing players like Rush, Hibbert, AJ and Tyler.

One thing I have to say, that's been on my mind since I watched the Bucks game last night, is that whatever else you can say about O'Brien's and Bird's management, they've made sure that our guys are unselfish (sometimes to a fault, Rush being an example) and aren't out there hot-dogging it. Reason I thought about that is because of the behavior of some of the Bucks players last night. I don't like Bogut, I think he's dirty and I know others have the same opinion. That wild, high-flying dunk attempt (forget who it was, possibly Warrick) was crass showboating, also funny and pathetic as he sent the ball flying to the rafters. You don't see that from our guys, and I think that's doubly impressive considering that a team doing as badly as the Pacers can easily come unglued. I know O'Brien is committed to defense, too, I don't think his philosophy's changed but we simply don't have many defensively gifted players. At all.

The players are definitely being coached to share the ball, make the extra pass, and not be out there padding their own stats. Anyone doubting that needs to look at how an inordinately high number of our assists come from our post players. I feel like TJ is the one glaring exception to the rule, and the inability to get more defense out of Troy is troubling to me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My intense dislike of all things JOB will now have my undivided attention.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Zippo. Truthfully, I was getting a little GO BLUE overload anyway.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."