Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    after watching this game I think what we need in the draft is an athletic 4 or a game changing PG and I think we have a better shot with our position to get the strong athletic 4. You put and athletic 4 with Granger at the 3 and Hibbert at the 5 I think we may be further along.
    Which is why I don't get McBob being superglued to the bench. When we're having interior difficulty, it puzzles me that neither Solo or McBob never see the floor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Didn't watch all of the game.... but from what I saw, Andrew Bogut got away with alot of fouls not getting called on him, especially the shot to A.J. Price. The Pacers always make Bogut look like a future hall of famer. He's a bum in my book. Secondly, if the Pacers can't beat a team that consists of Carlos Delfino, 90 year old Jerry Stackhouse, and Mbah A muta, then they can't beat anybody. Great game by T.J. though!!
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Which is why I don't get McBob being superglued to the bench. When we're having interior difficulty, it puzzles me that neither Solo or McBob never see the floor.
    Because they can't shoot the three..and they're bigs who would take mins from Murphy...Flim preaches defense but continues to play guys who can't and don't play defense...(Murphy and Dunleavy).
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

the key to this game is the same as the reason why the Heat give the Pacers tons of problems.

The Bucks like the Heat play an aggresive presurring defense, they play the passing lanes, they get up on the Pacers and try to make every pass contested. Pacers don't respond to that type of defense well at all.

Pacers defense after the first quarter I thought was really good, they were playing really hard defensively. I saw a lot of determination and a nice will tonight
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-07-2010 at 09:56 AM.

after watching this game I think what we need in the draft is an athletic 4 or a game changing PG and I think we have a better shot with our position to get the strong athletic 4. You put and athletic 4 with Granger at the 3 and Hibbert at the 5 I think we may be further along.
    We've been saying that all season long, hence the "Get rid of Murphy at all costs" mentality. The PG argument is still up in the air given Price's recent play.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    We've been saying that all season long, hence the "Get rid of Murphy at all costs" mentality. The PG argument is still up in the air given Price's recent play.
    I feel better about our PG situation much more so than our PF situation...and the only reason I would say to take a PG in the first round would be if it was someone with superstar potential which I dont think we will have.
    JOB is a silly man

I think they are more disciplined on the defensive end much more so than us...but I guess that is no suprise.

No, they have Skiles for a coach and not O'Brien.

Anyone else concerned Ford might be back in the rotation?

I much prefer the Price/Watson backup over Price/Ford or Watson/Ford.

I think Price is in the rotation regardless. He's the best PG on the team, and has given the team some good press..which is pretty badly needed. You don't bench your bright spot.

So between Watson and Ford..please God play Watson. Ford scored well. And for the most part, he was one of the positives in this past game..but let's not so easily forget the past. Old dogs don't learn new tricks. He's not good at running this team.

I also have a problem with Benching Watson (or Price for that matter) when they don't deserve it. T.J. played poorly, and deserved the benching. Price and Watson have played well.

That said. If he continues to make the three..maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have him take Head's minutes. Or at least to test him out there. People have an issue with benching the 8mil contract..maybe Head and Ford could split those minutes. Try Ford, play him while he's scoring..and if he gets cold..give Head a try.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-07-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Anyone else concerned Ford might be back in the rotation?

I much prefer the Price/Watson backup over Price/Ford or Watson/Ford.

I think Price is in the rotation regardless. He's the best PG on the team, and has given the team some good press..which is pretty badly needed. You don't bench your bright spot.

So between Watson and Ford..please God play Watson. Ford scored well. And for the most part, he was one of the positives in this past game..but let's not so easily forget the past. Old dogs don't learn new tricks.
    Ford needs to play we like it or not, they guy is going to be here next year also, I like watson but he will be gone as soon as season ends. They have to play the guy if they want to move the him either this or next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They are losing their All Star player, they don't really have a pf who can do much, their two guard is delfino and their three guard is S House, yes the pacers have more talent.

Not hardly. The Bucks have more overall talent at PF than the Pacers, and that's with Warrick only playing 3 minutes last night. Combine him with Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova and it's not even close who has more talent at PF.

Bucks have better PG's in Jennings and Ridnour, and Ridnour is better than any Pacer PG is this year.

Bogut is by far better than Hibbert a center.

The Pacers are more talented with Granger at SF, and SG. Having more talent at 2 out of 5 positions doesn't make the Pacers a more talented team.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

If there's a draft pick I totally missed on it's Moute. I watched tons of UCLA but I just didn't see him playing this well. I liked him but not as an NBA PF type. He and Taj Gibson are both much better than I would have guessed.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    the key to this game is the same as the reason why the Heat give the Pacers tons of problems.

The Bucks like the Heat play an aggresive presurring defense, they play the passing lanes, they get up on the Pacers and try to make every pass contested. Pacers don't respond to that type of defense well at all.

Pacers defense after the first quarter I thought was really good, they were playing really hard defensively. I saw a lot of determination and a nice will tonight
    IMO passing pressure gets to them because of the type or lack of plays they run. When you improvise on the fly in order to keep the defense "guessing", it's also keeping your teammates guessing. At that point you are hoping your guys read developing opportunities better than the defense does.

IMO a defense that works on passing pressure learns to read where guys want to pass if it's coming from reading on the fly. Where you look, slow reactions to cutters or slow reaction as to when to cut, basic 2 man games and dumps....defenses see this stuff all the time, especially if they are always looking for it.

A playbook with greater detail falls more in line with something you see Manning due with his WR. The ball is going BEFORE the WR is turning to catch it, thus there is nothing for the defender to read.

Defenses can study you on film but the truth is that in the NBA season there isn't a ton of time to do that, and then even if they do they are trying to learn your offense as well as you know it yourself, and that's a lot to ask.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the 2,000th time, we're not getting Wall.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    For the 2,000th time, we're not getting Wall.
    agreed the Lakers have a better shot than we do
    JOB is a silly man

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    While I know +/- does not always tell the whole story, I am shocked no one pointed out that l/n TJ was +29, & AJ was just +5. Tonight, AJ was +3 & TJ was -8, but when you look a D.Granger (-19) & Murph & rush were (-12), I think TJ should get some props.
    Yes, I will admit there were a few plays where he "Travis Bested" it a bit, but I also saw 5-6 times where he made passes that should have been buckets, but his teamates "screwed the pooch".
    TJ showed me that last few nights that he has not forgotten how to play, is not selfish, & is capable of running a team in this league. Why did we not see this TJ earlier t/y? Slump? Style? Murphy or JO'B (they always need included on this board when we are seeking a "Blame", right?)? I'm not sure, but I know he payed well, shot well, & noticably showed he should not be burried on anyones bench - esp. on a team that has won barely > 1/3 of it's games.
    Agreed, I think comparatively the Pacers have more talent right now than what the Bucks have (available). What I saw last night was a Bucks team that played tenacious defense and made up for their shortcomings by working together. I also saw the Pacers do that while fighting their way back into the game, but there wasn't enough defensive scrappiness down the stretch for us to keep them from pulling away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Not hardly. The Bucks have more overall talent at PF than the Pacers, and that's with Warrick only playing 3 minutes last night. Combine him with Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova and it's not even close who has more talent at PF.

Bucks have better PG's in Jennings and Ridnour, and Ridnour is better than any Pacer PG is this year.

Bogut is by far better than Hibbert a center.

The Pacers are more talented with Granger at SF, and SG. Having more talent at 2 out of 5 positions doesn't make the Pacers a more talented team.
    I would argue with that. Troy gives you more scoring and much, much better rebounding than anyone they can play at PF. The question is with defense, okay it's not really a question more of a fact, so then you're weighing which is more valuable, Troy's offense or the defense of Warrick/Mbah a Moute? (Ilyasova doesn't rate in a defensive conversation). Bogut is still better than Hibbert, although I think in a couple of years we might be able to make a real argument there as well.

Bench, I think, goes in the Pacers favor as well. Our strongest assets off the bench are Dunleavy (or Rush, take your pick), Price, Jones, and Watson who are all capable of starting minutes on this particular team. Theirs are Charlie Bell, Ridnour, Stackhouse (on some nights), and whichever of their PFs is on the bench in their revolving door of talent in that position. I'd take our first four off the bench over theirs.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Outside of Jennings and Bogut, I don't think they've got more talent than us at any particular position or off the bench. With the Bucks, I see guys playing together and playing to their strengths, which is defensive tenacity and taking advantage of turnovers (among the best in the league at it, no surprise with Skiles coaching). With the Pacers more often than not, watching the way we play is like watching a cat trying to fight its way out of a paper bag.
    Last edited by ToasterBusVIP; 02-07-2010 at 11:53 PM.