Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76

Thread: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

  1. #26

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna ask this question in both threads: Why did he get the ear infection?

    Is it because he was staying in shape by swimming rather than on the court to keep his shin splints from acting up? If so, there may once again be something to criticize the training staff for.
    i think to blame the ear infection on his training in the pool is probably a bit of a stretch. if it were so dangerous, no one would do it. even competitive swimmers wouldn't train in the pool because the threat would be too great. i have been in pools many times and never had an ear infection. this thing can likely be attributed to pacers luck.
    all this being said, i doubt he plays anymore this year. injuries and illness never heal or go away with this team.

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,780

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think to blame the ear infection on his training in the pool is probably a bit of a stretch
    I agree. It is just as likely he got it from listening to O'Brien.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    actually getting a ear infection from swimming is quite possible, especially if its cold outside and you don't use a q-tip to dry out your ears. Its usually due to fluid build up. Can be cause by blowing your nose too much, sinus drip as well.

  5. #29
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Thumbs up Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna ask this question in both threads: Why did he get the ear infection?

    Is it because he was staying in shape by swimming rather than on the court to keep his shin splints from acting up? If so, there may once again be something to criticize the training staff for.

    I'd bet the farm on it being from Tyler swimming in his normal regime of training..

    Especially with the way our Indiana weather has been.. One day freezing cold.. the next 50 degrees outside..

    I know that at least around the time after we drafted him, I have seen videos of him training/working out using swimming pool for strength/cardio conditioning doing water exercises..
    Like I said, I'd about bet the farm on it being the cause...

    All it takes is a little water in the ear, some cold Indiana wind blowing in it.. and voila insta-earache ... which can lead to inner ear infection..




    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  6. #30
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still hope the Pacers trade Murphy. McBob can play, .
    I agree with this part...

    I really would like to see McRoberts forced into the situation of having to step up and be the man..

    It makes me sad, because if McBob actually got decent PT , we would probably have a chance at seeing him in the dunk contest during all star break..
    I'd MUCH rather see him compete than Shannon Brown .

    McBob would do very well in the dunk contest in my opinion ..
    I'd LOVE to see McBob and Birdman have a go at it in the dunk competition ..




    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  7. #31
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually getting a ear infection from swimming is quite possible, especially if its cold outside and you don't use a q-tip to dry out your ears.
    hmm.. I have read that you NEVER want to use a q-tip after having water in your ear.. Because , although yes it will dry the outer part of your ear canal, it actually pushes the water down further into your ear by the eardrum, and WILL in fact possibly cause an ear infection...

    I was warned of this after I got a minor ear infection... by my dr. because I used to clean my ears after I would take a shower/bath..
    I was told doing that was a BIG NO-NO ....
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  8. #32
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,273

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Tyler is out for the year, what role does this play in the Pacers potentially dealing Murphy? It looks like Jeff is probably out for the year leaving us with Roy, Murph, Solo, Josh and I guess Danny in the front court. I'm assume we might want a 4 or a 5 that we would keep so that we can play out the rest of the season. Otherwise, the Pacers may dip into free agency?
    I think it has a significant role in the Pacers decision to trade or not trade Murphy. I can see this as a major factor in holding out for more.....which IMHO is not a good thing. I'd be cool with Z+Powe+1st for Murphy+Diener....I just hope the Cavs are too.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #33
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,273

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be shocked if Murphy gets traded after this announcement. I'm not a fan of playing Granger at the PF full-time.
    Yeah......it's not like JO'B has any other options to play in the frontcourt ( que Seth ).

    That's one of the problem that I have with JO'B rotations....I can recognize that having Granger as a backup PF is beneficial and may be a better situational PF AT TIMES....but not as a regular lineup where Granger plays significant minutes at the PF spot. I just don't think that McRoberts and Solo are so bad that they only warrant garbage time on the floor or when he has absolutely no choice to play them ( such as when Hibbert gets into foul trouble early or when Murphy needs some rest ). McRoberts and Solo may not be good enough to be a 3rd Big Man option....but they are good enough to fill time as 4th/5th Big Men off the bench on an "as needed" basis.

    If it's becoming likely that Hansbrough is going to miss signifcant parts of this season.....I hope that JO'B simply uses them more in the PF/C rotation and Granger less. Like it or not......JO'B may not have any choice.......a PF/C rotation where Granger/Murphy/Hibbert play the vast majority of time at rotation isn't a good long-term solution.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-07-2010 at 02:46 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Your Dreams.
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Sinus Infections can turn into Ear Infections.. Its my guess.

  11. #35
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No we don't. I don't care if we have to play Diener at the 4 this year. (And I'd be OK with the Solo/McRoberts combo there anyway.)

    How a trade affects our team this year really shouldn't matter. We aren't winning anything this season. Any trade we make should be geared toward making us better next season, or the one after.
    Yes, it does matter. IMHO, Solo and McRoberts are not the future at the PF. We take back a PF, so we don't have to draft one this year. Plain and simple. Hickson should be the prime target, because he's young (21) with potential. Powe would be the second target, because he can play the "Garbage PF" role.

    I'm not in that whole "Give away barn" camp just because we're not making the playoffs. If we're going to make a trade, then we SHOULD get back something of value instead of a complete salary dump.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 02-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.

  12. #36
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 teams passed on the guy, we need to stop this argument, is not like he was(Blair) pick after we got Tyler.
    No, 30 teams didn't. The Spurs took him with the first pick they had.

    Also not all 30 teams had a DESPERATE need for a POWER REBOUNDER. In fact there was probably no team that needed what Blair offered more than the Pacers did.

    This is why they reached for Tyler.

    All the non-draft followers have talked themselves into other teams fighting to get to him, but that is total Pacers PR BS. The Bulls DID NOT TRADE UP to get him, they let the Pacers take him and settled for SF/PF Johnson. The Bulls wanted to trade up for HENDERSON.

    He tracked at 20-22 for 3 years, then suddenly on draft night he was a 13th pick? Come on.


    So the Pacers needed a PF so bad that they reached 7-10 picks too soon because they were afraid he'd be gone, passed over MANY PGs and not just ones I liked but guys like Lawson who Bird wanted the year prior, and a year before one of the most PF loaded drafts ever....but they didn't need Blair?

    The Sixers skipped Blair because they WANTED Holiday. Nugs didn't need Blair, the wanted a PG. They traded for Lawson and drafted a Spanish PG in round 2.

    Lots of teams wanted one of the PGs in the draft.

    Sure the Bulls and Pistons went for "PFs", both of whom tracked as PFs that played more like SFs, but then their choices lately haven't been working out so well anyway. Chicago also took Taj Gibson instead of Blair, though Gibson hasn't been too shabby.

    Sacto made a great choice of Casspi, but did pass on Blair for Pendergraph.


    Minny just drafted Kevin Love AND had Al Jefferson, so they took 2 PGs and later took a SG. They didn't "pass" on Blair.

    Memphis took Thabeet as their big and then took the also overlooked Sam Young at SG, and Young has been ANOTHER one of the steals. They didn't pass on Blair, they took the options they wanted regardless of Blair's ACL situation.

    In fact not that many teams actually did have "a shot" at Blair.

    The Clippers took BLAKE GRIFFIN. Oh no, what idiots to pass on Blair. They didn't pick again before Blair was gone and had to settle for the clear #1 prospect who happened to be a PF.

    Utah didn't pass on Blair, they are already overloaded at PF.

    OKC may have passed on Blair when they chased the French PG on a possible flier, too soon to know if that was a smart choice or not.

    NY already took Jordan Hill, so they went for a PG the next pick.

    Cleveland chased a risky pick. I think they blew it passing on Blair.

    Lakers, no pick before Blair was gone.


    Here's the list of teams that might have chased something instead of going for Blair when they would have if the ACL thing didn't happen:

    Pacers
    Bulls
    Pistons
    Cavs (Evenga, Congo SF at 30th)
    Wizards (took Taylor with their first pick, 32rd)
    Blazers (took Cunningham with 33rd pick)
    Sacto (Pendergraph with 31st pick)

    Every other team either didn't have a pick, had a BETTER pick, had PF clearly filled with a star or recent high pick, or took a higher need position with a prospect ranked fairly well themselves.

    The only passes are by teams that would have taken him had the ACL thing not come up. Teams set up strategies for their needs and can't chase slightly higher talent at a position they didn't scout or plan for.

    If Blair was a bit better than Holiday, which it's not clear yet that he is because Jrue was by everyone's account about 2-3 years out from being NBA ready, he wasn't so much better than you just pass on your PG need to take "best available".

    The Pacers, Bulls and Pistons were the teams that wanted to fill the PF spot, and the Bulls had Noah and Ty Thomas already.




    I mean Blair is playing well, but not so well that Sacto is going "oh, we shouldn't have taken Evans". The Bulls look at Johnson and the Pistons look at Daye and can think "we blew it". Most of the other teams aren't saying that at this point.


    AND the irony is that by altering your draft choice to avoid injury issues, you actually drafted right into injury issues. Only the Pacers can add that to the mix too. The Clips lost their PF, but they didn't pass on Blair because of injury, they took the top guy.



    BTW, NBA TV did their rookie report card. They had Hans ranked about the same as Thabeet in terms of first half production. That's not a compliment, and wasn't about the injury but the on-court play.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  14. #37
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    BTW, the shin splints were a known issue PRIOR to the draft. He missed games to start his senior year.

    If the normal regime for training with splints is to swim, and swimming during the winter brings out the risk of season ending ear infections, then the team blatently walked right into this one.

    Personally I don't buy the "bound to happen due to swimming" angle. Indy is hardly the only cold weather team, it's winter, and lots of guys have to use the pool during leg injury rehab or even normal cross-training. How many vertigo ear-infections have taken guys out for half-seasons?



    Cable, it's cue or queue. I'm backing off the McBob thing because I've totally lost hope there. It's not going to happen and I just don't care enough anymore to sweat it.

    The draft angle - well I boo'd very loudly at the draft party. No fan was more PO'd than me at the time. I did NOT boo Tyler, I boo'd picking him there with Blair on the board.


    PS - Blair is on a rookie deal. Year 2 his knees go out. WHO GIVES A S***. Rookie deal ends and you are done with him. Tyler was not projected to be a major factor, 1 year in or 10. He was bench fodder.

    I said this pre-draft, take Blair, get your 2-3 years of strong inside rebounding and force and then his career ends when the knees go. That's still the better choice, and that's worst case scenario.

    Gotta think full picture on these things. It was very low-risk at 13th in that draft, at least if you were going to take a PF no matter what. There were no other big time PF prospects, as in starter possible.

    Now if they had taken Jrue or Lawson or Maynor then I wouldn't be ripping them, even if the PG was only at Price's level right now. That's passing due to NEED and you have this draft for your PF need. That's trading Blair then for Favors or Patterson now, which is fine.

    Then again TPTB have apparently said they would have passed on Jennings at 13th, so it could have been worse.

  15. #38
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    BTW, side benefit to all of Pacers Digest if Murphy is traded and McBob plays

    1) McBeard is great, we all enjoy it, long term back PF is settled.

    2) McBeard struggles, shows no real promise and with enough minutes under his belt to prove him out I STFU about him for good.

    It's win-win.

  16. #39
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it does matter. IMHO, Solo and McRoberts are not the future at the PF. We take back a PF, so we don't have to draft one this year. Plain and simple. Hickson should be the prime target, because he's young (21) with potential. Powe would be the second target, because he can play the "Garbage PF" role.

    I'm not in that whole "Give away barn" camp just because we're not making the playoffs. If we're going to make a trade, then we SHOULD get back something of value instead of a complete salary dump.
    I don't think we are going to get back our PF of the future with this trade. Hickson is young and potential, true. I'd like him back, too. But that should not in any way be a deal breaker.

    My point is you can't solve all of our problems with one trade - so leaving us weaker at one position short term should not factor in. Wins and losses this year should not factor in. Making us weaker short term, but stronger long term is perfectly fine.

    And, I don't have any problem at all with the McRoberts / Solo combination at the 4 this year. None what so ever.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  17. #40

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. It is just as likely he got it from listening to O'Brien.


    Then he must be one of the few that hasn't tuned out Jimmy this season!

  18. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Only time would tell that Tyler was a better pick than Blair and at this moment I still like the pick, Blair is just ok to me, and yes 30 teams passed on the guy Seth you are going to tell me that if teams knew that the guy was going to be the next "Dale Davis"(according to you) are going to pass on him because they either pick or have a pf in place? really? Blair is good I give you that but to pretend that he is "the next coming" is ridiculous.

  19. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,273

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only time would tell that Tyler was a better pick than Blair and at this moment I still like the pick, Blair is just ok to me, and yes 30 teams passed on the guy Seth you are going to tell me that if teams knew that the guy was going to be the next "Dale Davis"(according to you) are going to pass on him because they either pick or have a pf in place? really? Blair is good I give you that but to pretend that he is "the next coming" is ridiculous.
    To be fair....I don't think that Seth is saying that he's "the next coming"...he just thinks that Blair is a better fit for this Team then Hansbrough.

    But on the other side of the coin....it's really difficult to judge Hansbrough when he hasn't really played that many games.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #43

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair....I don't think that Seth is saying that he's "the next coming"...he just thinks that Blair is a better fit for this Team then Hansbrough.

    But on the other side of the coin....it's really difficult to judge Hansbrough when he hasn't really played that many games.
    Exactly.

    I think picking Blair would have been short sighted as well.

    He doesn't have ACL's. He's not going to have a very long career. Indy's a rebuilding team, they want a player who will have a pretty long lasting career. There was no way to know Tyler was going to have a freaking ear infection...but I still say he has a longer lasting career than Blair.

    For the most Part, a lot of teams were impressed by Hans, so I think he goes higher than "20th" in the draft if Indy doesn't pick him, anyway.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  22. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.

    I think picking Blair would have been short sighted as well.

    He doesn't have ACL's. He's not going to have a very long career. Indy's a rebuilding team, they want a player who will have a pretty long lasting career. There was no way to know Tyler was going to have a freaking ear infection...but I still say he has a longer lasting career than Blair.

    For the most Part, a lot of teams were impressed by Hans, so I think he goes higher than "20th" in the draft if Indy doesn't pick him, anyway.
    This is correct. Seth's revisionist history has fully entered into absurdity.

    His draft status and injury history have already been rehashed a dozen times by now, although I did enjoy the clairvoyant play by play of draft night.

    Rexnom (I think) already slapped down the idea that Seth really wanted Blair with his own post history.

  23. #45

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.

    I think picking Blair would have been short sighted as well.

    He doesn't have ACL's. He's not going to have a very long career. Indy's a rebuilding team, they want a player who will have a pretty long lasting career. There was no way to know Tyler was going to have a freaking ear infection...but I still say he has a longer lasting career than Blair.

    For the most Part, a lot of teams were impressed by Hans, so I think he goes higher than "20th" in the draft if Indy doesn't pick him, anyway.
    The way Blair is playing, ACLs appear to be overrated
    He sure looks quite nimble on the court.

    So say Blair's career is cut short by knee issues, we have already lost a whole year of Hansbrough. So Blair already has a 1 year advantage in the logevity category over Hans.

    There is another aspect to this comparison as well, that being Blair appears to be a much better NBA player and just what this team needed to compete.

  24. #46

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way Blair is playing, ACLs appear to be overrated
    He sure looks quite nimble on the court.

    So say Blair's career is cut short by knee issues, we have already lost a whole year of Hansbrough. So Blair already has a 1 year advantage in the logevity category over Hans.

    There is another aspect to this comparison as well, that being Blair appears to be a much better NBA player.
    For now. Ask Tiger how important ACL's are.

    Honestly, I give Blair 5 years tops. That's not very much.
    I think Tyler will be around for much longer.

    Is Blair better, possibly. Seems like it right now. But I'd rather have someone that's a little less good, but around much longer for a rebuilding team.
    Blair's perfect for the Lakers, the Spurs, Cavs ect..teams that are looking to win now. Indiana's rebuilding. Tyler will be a good player, probably a good sixth man. He was the safe pick, and I think it was the right choice.

    However, if they hadn't gotten Price, a pretty good PG, then that pick would have been a poor decision as this draft was Blake Griffen, Hasheem Thabeet...and the 57 midgets. You needed a point guard, and got lucky that someone like Price was able to be drafted. Because it would be pretty bad with no PG and Tyler being out.

  25. #47

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Or ask Heinz Ward. He had quite a good and long career.

  26. #48
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the non-draft followers have talked themselves into other teams fighting to get to him, but that is total Pacers PR BS. The Bulls DID NOT TRADE UP to get him, they let the Pacers take him and settled for SF/PF Johnson. The Bulls wanted to trade up for HENDERSON.

    He tracked at 20-22 for 3 years, then suddenly on draft night he was a 13th pick? Come on.
    Where was TWill picked again?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  27. #49

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the non-draft followers have talked themselves into other teams fighting to get to him, but that is total Pacers PR BS. The Bulls DID NOT TRADE UP to get him, they let the Pacers take him and settled for SF/PF Johnson. The Bulls wanted to trade up for HENDERSON.

    He tracked at 20-22 for 3 years, then suddenly on draft night he was a 13th pick? Come on.
    That's just plain wrong. The Bulls offered both of their 1st round draft picks for Tyler on draft night. You are correct in saying he was INITIALLY tracked as a 20ish pick, BUT after the pre-draft works (particularly the private ones) his stock improved significantly, evidenced partly by the Bulls offer (which the Pacers in my opinion should have taken and I am as big of fan as Tyler as they come, but I think that was a horrible move on their part). The Nets looked at him seriously. Toronto was VERY interested in him as well, but on the advice of his agent he did not work out for them. A team is less inclined to pursue someone who has made it clear he would rather not play for him.

    I'm not disagreeing with any of your evaluations, but the subtle statement that Indy was the only team interested in him is wrong. If anything Indy made less of a reach for him than the Bulls or Toronto attempted to do.

  28. #50
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was TWill picked again?

    Not sure I understand the direction you are going here.

    1) Picked higher than expected? No, he tracked up quickly as the Big East wrapped up and in the conference tourney. He tracked 17th his JR year, dropped his SR year till he played up to the 13-14 range in April and May, slipped a bit in June, then projected back up to 11-12 in the 4-5 days leading up to the draft.

    DraftExpress has Hans as NEVER going above 20th the entire 2008-09 season, including having him at 22nd in their final mock.

    2) He was a worse option than Blair for the Nets? Not sure about that. Maybe.

    3) He's a bust? Disagree completely. He's been a very good passer, rebounder and defender which is why I liked him and why any team should like him. The concern was his shooting which is why you had many people suggesting the Point Forward role for him instead.

    I would have loved for the Pacers to get him, but he would have been a huge disaster in this system because his outside shooting hasn't been there yet.

    His per36 for the last 4 games is at 7 assists, 5 rebounds. Still poor shooting but it's up to 40%. That's likely to be his make or break factor, can he get his FG% to 45. If so then he makes it, if not then probably not.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-07-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
  3. Could someone with an Insider subscription get.....
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
  4. Pacers problem: Defense
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •