Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...roblem-worsens

    Mike Wells
    IndyStar.com

    Indiana Pacers rookie forward Tyler Hansbrough has gone from doing some on-court work to not being able to do anything at all.

    Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said he's not sure if the first-round pick will be ready to return to the lineup from his inner ear infection by the time they return from the All-Star break.
    Advertisement

    "I do not know if we will have Tyler," O'Brien said. "He's not working out at all. If he's able to come back and start working out, that's going to be important, because the fact that he's been told that he is not really allowed to move around, even one on none, is a real setback from the conditioning standpoint."

    Hansbrough's rookie season has been a disappointment so far.

    He missed training camp and the first four games with a shin problem. His ear infection has caused him to miss 17 of the past 21 games.

    Hansbrough went to New York earlier this week to see a specialist about his infection. He can't wait to get back to playing.

    "Yeah, I'm confident (I'll get back this season),'' Hansbrough said. "We're on the right track. I just have to take some time.''
    I'm glad Tyler's confident because I'm not.

    I've said it before, and loudly, and I'll say it again now, but in a softer voice: This season sucks.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...roblem-worsens

    Mike Wells
    IndyStar.com



    I'm glad Tyler's confident because I'm not.

    I've said it before, and loudly, and I'll say it again now, but in a softer voice: This season sucks.
    just wait until next season when we realize that JOB is going to be the coach

  4. #3

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...roblem-worsens

    Mike Wells
    IndyStar.com



    I'm glad Tyler's confident because I'm not.

    I've said it before, and loudly, and I'll say it again now, but in a softer voice: This season sucks.
    Assume he will not be back this season but will be ok for next. I'll take that.

  5. #4
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    It does suck, it's like we are payoffing some cosmic karma debt. Tyler should be preparing to play in the Rookie/Soph game. Well hopefully he can be there as a Sophomore.

    The way it looks, we are headed were we always are, a draft pick in the teens. This team needs more talent, less overpaid role players.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:


  7. #5

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    I always thought that working out had to be bad for his ear infection.

    The moisture in there had to be making it worse.

    Now with the vertigo I'm not sure how that works. But it doesn't suprise me that doctors would prefer he didn't work out while he's still getting dizzy.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    they should just let him rest for the rest of the year.

  10. #7
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they should just let him rest for the rest of the year.
    You say that like they're gonna have a choice.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #8

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    At least he has both his ACLs. How stupid would the Pacers have looked if they drafted a guy without ACLs.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to denmunny6 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say that like they're gonna have a choice.
    they had a choice two weeks ago and the let him practice and play

  14. #10

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    If Tyler is out for the year, what role does this play in the Pacers potentially dealing Murphy? It looks like Jeff is probably out for the year leaving us with Roy, Murph, Solo, Josh and I guess Danny in the front court. I'm assume we might want a 4 or a 5 that we would keep so that we can play out the rest of the season. Otherwise, the Pacers may dip into free agency?

  15. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by denmunny6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least he has both his ACLs. How stupid would the Pacers have looked if they drafted a guy without ACLs.
    30 teams passed on the guy, we need to stop this argument, is not like he was(Blair) pick after we got Tyler.

  16. #12
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Tyler is out for the year, what role does this play in the Pacers potentially dealing Murphy? It looks like Jeff is probably out for the year leaving us with Roy, Murph, Solo, Josh and I guess Danny in the front court. I'm assume we might want a 4 or a 5 that we would keep so that we can play out the rest of the season. Otherwise, the Pacers may dip into free agency?
    I'll be shocked if Murphy gets traded after this announcement. I'm not a fan of playing Granger at the PF full-time.

  17. #13

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be shocked if Murphy gets traded after this announcement.
    There's still hope: Anthem for GM!

    I love his proposal of Murph for Z, #1 and Powe. Perhaps a deal hasn't yet been done (in part) because of Hans' health AND Powe's health (or lack thereof). Anybody have any recent info on Powe's projected return date?

  18. #14
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,241

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be shocked if Murphy gets traded after this announcement. I'm not a fan of playing Granger at the PF full-time.
    With Foster and Hans out, this does mean we need Murphy...or a solid alternative who is capable of starting. This is a worst case scenario IMO.

    I suppose the improvement we've seen from Roy this year is a silver lining. Maybe Price and Rush are also positives. Otherwise, I'm with Hicks on this season.

  19. #15
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's still hope: Anthem for GM!

    I love his proposal of Murph for Z, #1 and Powe. Perhaps a deal hasn't yet been done (in part) because of Hans' health AND Powe's health (or lack thereof). Anybody have any recent info on Powe's projected return date?
    If we trade Murphy, we HAVE to take back a PF from the Cavs. This is the trade that I want, but I want Hickson as the 1st choice.

  20. #16
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we trade Murphy, we HAVE to take back a PF from the Cavs. This is the trade that I want, but I want Hickson as the 1st choice.
    No we don't. I don't care if we have to play Diener at the 4 this year. (And I'd be OK with the Solo/McRoberts combo there anyway.)

    How a trade affects our team this year really shouldn't matter. We aren't winning anything this season. Any trade we make should be geared toward making us better next season, or the one after.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  22. #17

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No we don't. I don't care if we have to play Diener at the 4 this year. (And I'd be OK with the Solo/McRoberts combo there anyway.)

    How a trade affects our team this year really shouldn't matter. We aren't winning anything this season. Any trade we make should be geared toward making us better next season, or the one after.
    You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was going to say. Even the Diener at the 4 part. As others have said, this season sucks anyway.

  23. #18
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    I'm gonna ask this question in both threads: Why did he get the ear infection?

    Is it because he was staying in shape by swimming rather than on the court to keep his shin splints from acting up? If so, there may once again be something to criticize the training staff for.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  24. #19
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna ask this question in both threads: Why did he get the ear infection?
    Because of the name on the front of his jersey.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,624

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Sadly looks like next season will be rookie year #2 for Tyler. I'm with Hicks this season sucks and to quote the great Roaming Gnome "this season can't get over fast enough".


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. #21

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna ask this question in both threads: Why did he get the ear infection?

    Is it because he was staying in shape by swimming rather than on the court to keep his shin splints from acting up? If so, there may once again be something to criticize the training staff for.
    You're probably right that it was the swimming but who could predict that the infection would do so much damage. In someone else it would have passed with few long lasting effects.
    Pacers always seem to have ailments that don't heal very well. I'd say just dumb bad luck.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    I agree that it isnt a must to get a big in return for Murphy. So what if we are thin at the 4 without him. We arent going to make the playoffs regardless, so who cares. Instead we finally get to see McRoberts and Solo get heavy minutes to see what we have while also solidifying ourselves with a better spot in the draft. Im not saying that I would be against aquiring Hickson in the trade, I would love that....but would be just as ok with getting the cap relief from Z and the Cavs 1st rounder in the draft......To be honest I wouldnt mind getting Z, 1st rounder and maybe Danny Green. If a PF is what we want (Hickson) I would prefer Patrick Paterson to Hickson in the draft.....regardless I hope we dont let the lack of Hickson's inclusion in the deal keep it from happening.

  30. #23
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,319

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    I still hope the Pacers trade Murphy. McBob can play, the Pacers will more than likely lose more games and hopefully netting a higher lottery pick. So they can essentially tank without really having to tank...they'll just be that bad.

    Either way, yeah, this season can't end soon enough. I'm sure next year will be the same though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  31. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McBob can play, the Pacers will more than likely lose more games and hopefully netting a higher lottery pick. So they can essentially tank without really having to tank...they'll just be that bad.
    I'm not convinced they'd be worse.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  33. #25

    Default Re: Rookie Hansbrough's health problem worsens

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 teams passed on the guy, we need to stop this argument, is not like he was(Blair) pick after we got Tyler.
    so what, carlos boozer wasn't taken until the 40's in his draft because hes too small to play

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
  3. Could someone with an Insider subscription get.....
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
  4. Pacers problem: Defense
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •