Thread: Rob Morris

RA231

Default Rob Morris

Think we'll re-sign him after this season? I think he'll start sharing more minutes with Brackett this year. I hope he doesnt re sign, IMO hes a terrible MLB.

Default Re: Rob Morris

I don't know how he is still on the team. I mean, do Jim (Irsay) and Bill (Polian) not listen to the radio, fans, or newspaper? I have not heard one person who said Rob is doing a good job, is showing promise, should be kept, or is servicable. Am I just not looking in the right places?

He just seems to aggressive, or maybe not enough. I don't know his problem. It wouldn't kill me if he stayed, but I would be surprised and appalled if he got a large contract. He's not worth it.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he's gone after the season. I'm a bit surprised he's still a starter. Then again, this is part of the Colts defense we are talking about. It seems to disappoint often, Rob Morris included.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Maybe its just me, but I thought he played well last year. I would not mind him staying.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

i don't know whether or not i like him or not. I just think he's an average player on an average defense.

RA231

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe its just me, but I thought he played well last year. I would not mind him staying.

Maybe as a back up

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah we should keep a MLB with great cat like quickness and great recovery time, willing to stick his nose in any play. Rob Morris = SARCASM I wouldnt resign him to save his life.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

I think Morris will be kept as a back-up - at back-up money.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

I don't think he'll be re-signed unless he will sign cheaply. I thought he showed improvement last year and he seemed to fit Dungy's system. It seems to me that the 3 key players in Dungy's scheme are CB, OLB and DT. In TB those were Barber, Brooks and Sapp. They were surrounded by good players, but not superstars.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Wow, you guys are really hard on Rob. I guess I'm the only one who thought he played well.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Wow, you guys are really hard on Rob. I guess I'm the only one who thought he played well.
    I don't think he played badly. I thought he showed improvement but he will need to ratchet it up a notch to be re-signed.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Mood

I thought you guys were just joking, a little sarcasm of sorts. Morris did make good strides, but how hard is that when he did nothing in the first place. Our MLB should be leading the team in tackles, but our weakside linebacker is making all the plays thats terrible. Morris would trip over his own feet walking let alone trying to run and tackle someone. Morris is a serviceable Middle linbacker has Bill Polian stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins
    I thought you guys were just joking, a little sarcasm of sorts. Morris did make good strides, but how hard is that when he did nothing in the first place. Our MLB should be leading the team in tackles, but our weakside linebacker is making all the plays thats terrible. Morris would trip over his own feet walking let alone trying to run and tackle someone. Morris is a serviceable Middle linbacker has Bill Polian stated.
    I think that in Dungy's defensive scheme the OLB is usually the leading tackler. I haven't been able to look that up yet but I believe that is the case. The point being that Morris isn't expected to be the leading tackler - he is supposed to fill a 'zone' on defense. I have heard nothing from Dungy's staff to suggest that he isn't doing his job. But that being said - he will not get a stupid raise from the Colts because his position isn't as vital as some others in this program.

- Benjamin Franklin

Mood

I understand the zone, but he doesnt even fill his hole like he is supposed. He is out of position most of the time. Dungy may not have said anything concerning Morris, but Polian called him a serviceable player last season. I dont think you would want a person starting at one of the most important positions on the field "serviceable" Im serviceable. Rob is like Bender great potential IMO.

The Colts are in a similar situation to the Pacers in that the team will be better next year without any major moves due to their youth. This can be frustrating as a fan because we want to sign the big FA but that isn't going to happen. It seems that Dungy and his staff are pretty pleased with the current group on defense. They have a lot of young guys on defense and last year was an adjustment for them. They will come to camp more experienced and ready to make the next jump in their development. This includes Morris.

I looked up what I could find on Tampa Bay's stats as a comparison to the Colts LB corps and I found that Derrick Brooks has made 188 tackles the last 2 years from OLB and Shelton Quarles the starting MLB has made 154. This is compared to 216 from the Colts OLB and 134 from Morris. Morris seems to be doing an adequate job, although far from deserving of a huge raise.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    I don't know how he is still on the team. I mean, do Jim (Irsay) and Bill (Polian) not listen to the radio, fans, or newspaper?
    I'm sure Bill Polian has heard the rumblings... and I am pretty sure Polian is stubborn enough to hang onto Morris just so as not to be seen as cowering to the media or fans. He'll show us....

-Bball

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rob Morris simply doesn't fit Dungy's system (I think he would be a good 2 down player in another system). IMO he'll go the way of Peterson and Washington simply because they didn't fit the system either.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...