Thread: D.Aldridge says he thinks Denver has best Forward tandem in the league

Mood

Default D.Aldridge says he thinks Denver has best Forward tandem in the league

in Kenyon Martin and Carmelo Anthony. I asked out loud to Dave after he said that: "What about Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest?"

JO > Martin
    And right now Artest > Anthony, even though that will likely change.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: D.Aldridge says he thinks Denver has best Forward tandem in the league

West coast bias....anti-Small MArket bias. Whatever, who gives a rip what they think?

grumble grouse snort
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Default Re: D.Aldridge says he thinks Denver has best Forward tandem in the league

Oh, that's nothing. I turned on Dan Patrick this afternoon, and some loser was filling in for Dan. All he could talk about was how Shaq was gonna make Miami the best in the east, "except for maybe Detroit and New Jersey." :

And it's not like he just said it once. He kept saying it over and over and over again. "Detroit and New Jersey." I swear, if I could have punched him through my radio, I would have.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Zesty

I asked out loud to Dave after he said that: "What about Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest?"
    I did the EXACT same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, that's nothing. I turned on Dan Patrick this afternoon, and some loser was filling in for Dan. All he could talk about was how Shaq was gonna make Miami the best in the east, "except for maybe Detroit and New Jersey." :

And it's not like he just said it once. He kept saying it over and over and over again. "Detroit and New Jersey." I swear, if I could have punched him through my radio, I would have.
    Yeah, I heard that too. The twerp and his lack of knowledge was disgusting. All he could talk about was the great teams in the West.

I think the Jazz might be in that mix too.

AK47 - Okur - Boozer

Playing with Kirilinko & Boozer will be great for Okur, an almost perfect fit.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mabye David realizes that JO is a center.

KMart and Anthony > Foster and Artest.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

i dont think kmart/melo is the bet forward tandem in the entire nba but our frontcourt can now challenge any frontcourt in the nba: melo, camby, nene and kmart? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    i dont think kmart/melo is the bet forward tandem in the entire nba but our frontcourt can now challenge any frontcourt in the nba: melo, camby, nene and kmart? wow.
    See, I was thinking that too. People used to say we had the best threesome in JO, Ron, and Al. Now, we've lost Al and they've gained Kenyon.

KMart, 'Melo, and Nene ain't too shabby.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I don't think DA is far off from the truth. Carmello was at least as good as Ron last season and will definately be better this year. And don't forget how easily Martin dominated JO not too long ago. They're about the same level - JO just has the good fortune of being the go-to guy.

And if you take into account the whole front line, the Pacers are way down the list.

IndyToad
    Stack a 100 cars

RA231

Melo as good as Ron last year? No. Ron was much better than Melo last year but Melo will be better than him in the future.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heck, I think K-mart will fall off big time being away from Jason Kidd. Aside from the jaw-dropping highlites on the Nets fast break, does Martin really bring anything to the table?

As for that stooge hosting Dan Patrick today... :finger: :finger2: :finger3: :finger4:
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

What a dumb thing to say. ed:

JO at this time is much better than Kmart. I didn't see Kmart finish top 3 in MVP voting.

And Artest can play O and D. Melo is one sided O player.

I dont see how they are better ed:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'd buy the anti small-market argument if it wasn't for the fact that the denver nuggets are fairly small market.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    What a dumb thing to say. ed:

JO at this time is much better than Kmart. I didn't see Kmart finish top 3 in MVP voting. And Artest can play O and D. Melo is one sided O player.

I dont see how they are better ed:

[edit=91=1089973066][/edit]

The Pacers have been first round exits for three years prior to this one. They'll get their respect and press when they consistenty challenge for a title from the court and front office.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'd say they are wrong as well. For now. But in the long run I think Melo has way more potential than Artest.

Other Possible best forward duos....

Vince Carter / Chris Bosh
    Stackhouse/Nowitski
    Bowen/Duncan
    Posey/Gasol
    Sprewell/Garnett
    Marion/Stoudemire
    Stojakovic/(Webber)/(Miller)

I don't know how you can ignore Indy or Sacramento (both had 2 allstars at forward positions last year)
    Here, everyone have a : on me

DA obviously didn't see Melo in the playoffs....he played horrible....and he plays "matador"defense.....O'lay...

Kmart, as much as I despise him.... will be fine in denver....he's got andre miller to get him the ball and Denver plays uptempo.

Zesty

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    The Pacers have been first round exits for three years prior to this one. They'll get their respect and press when they consistenty challenge for a title from the court and front office.

-Bball
    What exactly has Denver done the past three years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty

-Bball

What does Denver have to do with Indiana? :P

Hasn't Denver been active in the front office plus acquired an exciting rookie for the media to fawn over?

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty

-Bball

Hasn't Denver been active in the front office plus acquired an exciting rookie for the media to fawn over?

-Bball
    And that is deserving of respect?

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.