Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pacers asking too much for Murph

Default Re: Pacers asking too much for Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno; I'm in "believe it when I see it" mode with any trade at the deadline. I'm just not anticipating it.
    I'm not either, which depresses me. We should have pulled the trigger already.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

If the Cavs really have a chance to land Stoudemire or Iguodala for Z and Hickson then they'd be nuts to consider giving up Hickson for Murphy. When I see Hickson play I see an athletic prospect. He may never reach the level of Iguodala and I can't ever see him becoming the player Stoudemire is. If the Suns trade Stoudemire in this fashion I think that would exceed the lopsided trade of Gasol to the Lakers. I doubt if either trade goes down but one of them does we might want to rethink the value of an expiring contract. Asking for Hickson in the Murphy trade is too much to ask for.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...or_stoudemire/

"As the Feb. 18 trade deadline approaches, the Cavaliers and 76ers have been most frequently mentioned as suitors for Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire.

A deal with Cleveland would provide the Suns with a significant amount of salary cap and luxury tax relief. A package centered around young forward J.J. Hickson and center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who received most of his salary up front this season, could get Phoenix out of luxury tax territory.

Trading with Philadelphia could get the Suns more help right away, perhaps someone like Andre Iguodala, Marreese Speights or even Detroit's Ben Gordon if a third team gets involved."

Banned

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30787

Frank (Cleveland)

Recent chatter says the Cavs stay pat at the deadline unless something blows them away... do they need to make that move to take the 'ship?

Chad Ford (1:25 PM)

I don't believe it. I think that's classic posturing at the deadline. Washington and Indiana are asking for A LOT for Jamison and Troy Murphy. I think this is Cleveland's way of saying "If you keep asking for so much, we may not do anything." Problem is, no one believes it. Danny Ferry has been pretty aggressive the past few weeks. They really want to add a stretch four. I think the Cavs will cave and do something. Given Washington's reluctance to trade Jamison, I think Troy Murphy is the most likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The best deals go down at the last moment. I'm glad they haven't made a trade yet. Especial the one where posters were wanting to trade Troy for Z straight up. Bad trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    The best deals go down at the last moment. I'm glad they haven't made a trade yet. Especial the one where posters were wanting to trade Troy for Z straight up. Bad trade!
    It depends on who is in the driver's seat. The best deal at the last minute might win... but if you're not offering the best deal to begin with then you're not going to win by waiting it out.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Per my GSW rants, I disagree in the sense of "must be done now". I'm fine to have a midnight deal worked out. Be smart about what you are trying to do...but not too smart.

However in the sense of "seems like it would have happened already", I do kind of agree there.

But let's all recall the "never gonna happen" Harrington deal. The Pacers now are the Hawks then. The Hawks waited and waited and in the end they got plenty, even though Indy was the only team that could make that situation work.

Will, I don't think anyone said ONLY Z. I think what was said was a pick in addition at least. I really think people are reading too much into the Powe or Hickson impact. Not that they can't play, but them not being a Pacer has minimal long term big winning impact. As we know all too well, it's not that tough finding bench role player types.

Maybe one of them is later used to spice up another trade perhaps, but much more than that? Seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-09-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I'm still hopeful. The Cavs have to finalize in their minds that Jamison is out before they can get serious about Murph.

And, hopefully, the Jamison thing is fading fast.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown