Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Raptors Postgame

Default Pacers vs. Raptors Postgame

Dun, Rush and Hibbert looked good. Defense was awful by everyone. Murphy started again. Lots to talk about on this one.
    JOB is a silly man

Default Re: Pacers vs. Raptors Postgame

I miss Jack 6 assists, 16 points shot 75% and 3 for 3 from 3........... we should have paid him. I'd much rather have him then both D.Jones and Watson.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobalt_Colt For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Is it crazy, or when I'm listening to Mark Boyle lament the fact that D Jones is matched up on Chris Bosh and getting absolutlely abused, perhaps you throw Josh out there for a better match up? You know, like... play a big man at a big spot?

Is that insanity? Obviously Murphy should be our starting center, He only had the worst plus minus on the team AGAIN and by a wide margin!!!!!!

I. Don't. Understand. This. Coach...
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As if moving Hibbert to the bench and Murphy to the 5 wasn't bad enough, Granger has clearly struggled since being moved to PF.

So not only is he destroying the promise of our young prospect, but also demoralizing our All-Star in the process....for who you ask? Troy Murphy.

This might be more painful to watch than the brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it crazy, or when I'm listening to Mark Boyle lament the fact that D Jones is matched up on Chris Bosh and getting absolutlely abused, perhaps you throw Josh out there for a better match up? You know, like... play a big man at a big spot?

Is that insanity? Obviously Murphy should be our starting center, He only had the worst plus minus on the team AGAIN and by a wide margin!!!!!!

I understand him, we are tanking
    20-24 wins this season seems about right with the way things are going

8. The Following User Says Thank You to plutarch For This Useful Post:

Had a shot at winning this one. Terrible subsitutions by Jim O'brien.

I'm not sure whether Granger has quit or he's just struggling. He had previously played well at the four, now he's not. But he wasn't playing that well at the 3 either.

Dun played a little better though, perhaps he's better off starting.

Still have yet to see a Price, Rush, Djones, granger, Hibbert lineup.

I'm a little concerned JOB is trying to get Price to play like AI, which shouldn't be suprising as he wants all of his PG's too play that way. I don't really think he takes bad shots, but he's not creating either. Albiet the ball movement was good when he was in, if he was doing something with the ball..it was trying to score. I've seen him enough to know, that although he's an "all around" type of player and will do what he's told..that's not his game.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-31-2010 at 09:10 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Banned

His answer would be like, the "small ball" give us the best chance to win, everytime I think about my family I think about "small ball", Troy can stretch the floor and the "small ball is good for him, also Danny is better when we play "small ball", did I said that we are better when we play "small ball"?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-31-2010 at 08:59 PM.

All I can say is that if the resulting draft pick for this sucktacular season becomes Cole Aldrich, then I'm going to dedicate myself to growing enough hair to pull out by hand. We need some more defensive athleticism on this team.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plutarch View Post
    I understand him, we are tanking
    20-24 wins this season seems about right with the way things are going
    We might be tanking but it's not on purpose...

This is what the coach wants to do.... to win.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I'm a little concerned JOB is trying to get Price to play like AI. I don't really think he takes bad shots, but he's not creating either. Albiet the ball movement was good when he was in, if he was doing something with the ball..it was trying to score. I've seen him enough to know, that although he's an "all around" type of player and will do what he's told..that's not his game.
    I have virtually no doubt that FO'B directs the pg's to do exactly that and always has. There have been too many pg's even during FO'B's time here, let alone elsewhere, who have played similarly under him. He does it to "space the floor" and draw the defense inside intead of defending his precious 3's (27 of those tonight, fortunately hit 10 or it would have been significantly worse). If they can score, great. Otherwise, they are to pass out for 3's, which is easy for fewer players to defend due to recognition on the part of every team in the league of this fact.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am so disgusted with the 3pt attempts. So disgusted. Again.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    All I can say is that if the resulting draft pick for this sucktacular season becomes Cole Aldrich, then I'm going to dedicate myself to growing enough hair to pull out by hand. We need some more defensive athleticism on this team.
    hair from were?

D Jones is a lot taller than he looks from your TV. He's listed at 6'5 or so, but with shoes he's closer to 6'9". With high heels at the ball, he's a legit 7 footer. He's also our most athletic big, so JOb has that match-up just right. The fact Solo and McBob got no minutes (again) is because they're too inexperienced to go at a player like Bosh.

Also, we lost this game but our defense did a great job on Bosh. We limited him to 26 points on 60% shooting with 15 boards 7 assists and he only had 2 blocks. The damage would have been much worse with Solo or McBob fouling him and putting him at the line every other play. He probably would have broke 50 tonight.

As for Troy starting at C, this clearly spread the floor and allowed Rush to go off again. Also, Troy shot 66% from 3 tonight and swept the boards once again. It's a shame they are giving minutes to young players though when they could have TJ and Diener out there. That's the part I don't understand. At least they have Troy in there keeping things together.

every team must just want to play us now, we are playing worse then Clips and Griz... that's embarassing...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

In other news we must lead the league in hurting players on the other team, especially good ones. Turk wiped out just a few games after Nash's busted face, D Harris busted finger, Lebron busted jaw.

Just chance I suppose, but it seems like a higher rate with us.

Well JOB started the lineup he wanted and showed us all. He proved you don't need to use bigs on bigs and that going small gives the team the best chance to win.

If I didn't know better I'd say JOB was doing this to spite us now. Actually I don't know better, I don't know anything at all. I couldn't guess what might come next at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    D Jones is a lot taller than he looks from your TV. He's listed at 6'5 or so, but with shoes he's closer to 6'9". With high heels at the ball, he's a legit 7 footer. He's also our most athletic big, so JOb has that match-up just right. The fact Solo and McBob got no minutes (again) is because they're too inexperienced to go at a player like Bosh.

Also, we lost this game but our defense did a great job on Bosh. We limited him to 26 points on 60% shooting with 15 boards 7 assists and he only had 2 blocks. The damage would have been much worse with Solo or McBob fouling him and putting him at the line every other play. He probably would have broke 50 tonight.

As for Troy starting at C, this clearly spread the floor and allowed Rush to go off again. Also, Troy shot 66% from 3 tonight and swept the boards once again. It's a shame they are giving minutes to young players though when they could have TJ and Diener out there. That's the part I don't understand. At least they have Troy in there keeping things together.
    is this supposed to be in green?

It's rough to be a Pacer fan right now. It's not the losing that's getting to me, it's the fact that we have no direction whatsoever.

If there's anything worse then being a bad team, it's not realizing you're a bad team.

Still having playoffs aspirations are fine if you're team is good or playing well. The Pacers haven't been either this season.

We're not letting our young players go through growing pains, and we're not seeing what we have with our end of the bench guys. We're playing everyone out of position, to the point where we can't even get the players that will be around long term chemistry at the rightful positions.

I understand testing Granger at PF in certain situations, but he's not a d*** POWER FORWARD! If Granger isn't a PF how the **** in 6'6 Dahntay Jones a power forward?!! You've got to be kidding me.

Murphy can guard the power forwards in this league, by all means let him guard the bigger and more powerful centers.

Earl Watson is a shooting guard at times? Nothing like a shooting guard that can't ****ing SHOOT!

Oh I'm sorry, our 2nd round 6'0 backup PG is the one playing SG.. my mistake douche O'Brien!

All I want is some sign of hope. Some sense of direction that shows light on the horizon. Most 3 year plans build towards that 3rd and final year, not just magically comes together the at the deadline.

I really hope Bird has a big plan up his sleeve that I'm unaware of, b/c I simply don't understand the plan

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

There was a very unusual development in tonight's game.

Murph had, by far, the lowest +/- at -28 and Hibbert had the highest at +8. But Murph played far more minutes.

This is extremely puzzling, very unusual. I don't think we've seen anything like this . . .

. . . except for almost every game this entire season.

Last edited by McKeyFan; 02-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

All I want is some sign of hope. Some sense of direction that shows light on the horizon. Most 3 year plans build towards that 3rd and final year, not just magically comes together the at the deadline.

I really hope Bird has a big plan up his sleeve that I'm unaware of, b/c I simply don't understand the plan
    if we're looking for positives..Roy, Rush and Price have all shown potential..and all tend to have positive impacts on the game..even if they are played out of position, asked to do things they shouldn't be asked to do, and underplayed. (and it's funny how that can be applied to all of them..)

So there's hope. There's a future..with some, at the least, solid players.

I'm worried about Granger myself. Lately he looks like he got ****ed up worse than home tree.

It's sad to watch, really.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
    is this supposed to be in green?
    Shhh! I'm in sell-mode right now and we only have 18 days left until the deadline.

OK guys I am going to play devils advocate here. What line up do yu guys want to see that will work? I am assuming you want McRoberts at the 4 and Price at the point and Hibbert at the 5. Besides that what else do you want. My personal opinion is that this year should just be a do over. I am starting to strongly feel that our top 2 players are playing hurt. We have a rookie point guard and a injured top draft pick and veteran leader. I honestly feel that Phil Jackson couldnt take this team anywhere. I dont want to let JOB off the hook cause I think he hasnt done anything but to me this would be a **** end of the stick to deal with for any NBA coach.
    JOB is a silly man

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    OK guys I am going to play devils advocate here. What line up do yu guys want to see that will work? I am assuming you want McRoberts at the 4 and Price at the point and Hibbert at the 5. Besides that what else do you want. My personal opinion is that this year should just be a do over. I am starting to strongly feel that our top 2 players are playing hurt. We have a rookie point guard and a injured top draft pick and veteran leader. I honestly feel that Phil Jackson couldnt take this team anywhere. I dont want to let JOB off the hook cause I think he hasnt done anything but to me this would be a **** end of the stick to deal with for any NBA coach.
    Price, Jones, Rush, Granger, Hibbert...A lineup we haven't seen. A lineup of our most talented point guard, best PF, best Center, and best wings. A lineup that has a very good mix of offense and defense. Where the offense spreads the floor with Granger, Price and Rush, can drive with Price and Jones, and has a guy in the Center with Hibbert. A lineup that defensively, very good at the wings, decent at the PG and PF..and therefore can support the center. We haven't seen this lineup because...our freaking coach vaules the 3pt shot too freaking much.

For post, some combination of Granger/Hibbert/Solo/Troy and McBob, making sure Troy and Roy never play together. When (if) Tyler gets back, drop which ever post player is playing the worst..or add him to the mix.

Dun Head and Watson backing up the frontcourt, maybe putting Granger there at some point too. (I wouldn't mind seeing a Price/Rush/Granger/mcBob/Hibbert lineup for example)

We aren't that talanted, but we're better than this. His adjustments and coachiing decisions are awful. And certain players definitely seem to have quit on the coach. There doesn't seem to be a fight there..or pride.

I don't know what that group would do *my suggested lineup* but I'm pretty positive it'd be better than what we are getting now.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-31-2010 at 10:50 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

If Tyler was healthy

Price
    Rush
    Granger
    Hansbrough
    Hibbert

That would be my starting lineup the rest of the year

I think before the deadline you have to get value out of Murphy though so i say start.

Price
    Rush
    Granger
    Murphy
    Hibbert

I know Murphy and Hibbert haven't played well together, but you have to play Roy to allow him to grow, and if you plan on trading Murphy, I think you have to play him

I think the key lies in the subs though, you can't bring Dahntay in for Murphy. You need to see Solo or McRoberts, and I think Solo should be in for Hibbert at the center spot.

You really miss a healthy Foster this year to play some minutes at the center postion, but it may also be a blessing in disguise, b/c there's no doubt in my mind Hibbert wouldn't have gotten close to the minutes he has gotten if J'Ob had a healthy Foster at his disposable

Though our roster needs a good deal of tweaking when it comes to our big contracts, I think any move made is lateral with O'Brien as coach... he just doesn't get it

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

OK guys I am going to play devils advocate here. What line up do yu guys want to see that will work?
    If the coach is going to yell:
    "Push Push Push" or "Attack Attack Attack" and demand quick shots and lots of 3's.... then there is no lineup on this team that I'd recommend.

Bad basketball and bad coaching go hand in hand. It's hard to find a player to overcome bad coaching... let alone a team of players to overcome it. Worse, the team can't progress or be properly evaluated while playing for a bad coach. I'm surprised the team tried for as long as they did for him all things considered. But there was clearly no method to the madness of his first two season. Just bad basketball...
    Last edited by Bball; 01-31-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: