Thread: How Strongly Does Tinsley Figure into Future Plans?

Default How Strongly Does Tinsley Figure into Future Plans?

Q. When the deal for Stephen Jackson goes through, the front office will need to be congratulated once again, supposing Jackson can be as productive as he was at the end of last season. Once the trade happens, the Pacers will have a strong core group signed for at least the next four seasons. With Jackson, Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal signed at least through the 2007-2008 season, the only questions remaining are at center and point guard. Both Jeff Foster and David Harrison are also signed through 2007-2008 and that has the makings of a good rotation at center supposing Harrison is as motivated as he claims. With that in mind it seems that all that remains to be resolved is the future of our point guard position. Do Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird see Jamaal Tinsley as the long-term solution, and if so will they sign him to an extension or wait for him to become a restricted free agent this offseason? (From Carlos in San Jose, Costa Rica).

A. The combination of how well he played and how well Tinsley handled the adversity of losing his job at the start of last season definitely strengthened his status with the organization. While Kenny Anderson was starting, Tinsley showed the maturity to persevere and not act defeated. Instead, he rose to the challenge, worked even harder and was thoroughly ready when Anderson was injured. He made major strides in virtually every area of his game, particularly 3-point shooting, and began emerging as more of a leadership figure in terms of running the offense with authority. There has been little in the rumor mill involving the Pacers and any veteran point guards, which tends to indicate they’re satisfied with Tinsley. It appears Anthony Johnson will re-sign to be the backup. ESPN.com reported agreement on a four-year deal. The Pacers have from Aug. 31 to Oct. 31 to extend Tinsley’s rookie contract. If they don’t, he’ll become a restricted free agent after next season. At the moment, there’s little reason to doubt a contract extension is in the offing.

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: How Strongly Does Tinsley Figure into Future Plans?

I think that Tinlsey is defentily in the future plans.

I think he is the point guard of the future.

Is Suave starting to talk to himself?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I think this says it all:

Analysis: When the season began, it looked like he'd fallen completely out of the team's plans. When the regular season ended, he was entrenched more firmly than ever as the starter at point guard. Didn't sulk while Kenny Anderson started and moved into the lineup when Anderson was injured early in the year. Showed the decision-making and ball-protection necessary to gain the trust of Coach Rick Carlisle and went on to produce the best season of his career. Very good in transition and a creative passer in the halfcourt, improved his shooting and defense. Also kept himself in the best shape of his career, maintaining commitment to conditioning throughout the season. Took a major step toward stardom -- so much so, in fact, Larry Bird identified him as the player most likely to join Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest in the All-Star Game in the future.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

The question is what PGs are out there that are

a) arguably better than Tinsley

and b)remotely available for the right price?

Case in point, let's get crazy: Some people are starting to think the Nets would trade Kidd for the right offer.

Some say Artest has a bargain contract. Some say Ron could be traded for the right offer.

What if we traded Ron for Kidd?

I'm in no way, shape, or form saying it's gonna happen, and I really don't think there's much of a chance at all of it happening, but just to get the idea across.

Is there a higher-up PG out there that we could net?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think we could get a much better pg without seriously hurting another position on the team. I wouldn't trade Ron for Kidd right now because we need Ron more than we need Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    I don't get it...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

you answered your own question suave even though we know you just copied the article from somewhere.

Mood

oh and i forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Pig
    you answered your own question suave even though we know you just copied the article from somewhere.
    ohh....

it was from pacers.com

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont know if Tinsley is on his way to stardom or even an allstar game, but i do think that the Tinsley is a guy the Pacers need. He is the almost perfect fit for our offense. I t would be extremely difficult to beat out Francis, Kidd, Billups, or Wade. Im happy with Tins being the point guard for our future. I just have one statement for Tins. WORK ON YOUR JUMPSHOT.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS