Thread: Detroit and Miami going OT

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Detroit and Miami going OT

What's the point? We all know the Pistons will squeak out another one. They're the luckiest team in basketball right now. ed:

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

The Heat have been playing very good as of late, and are 10 of 13 at home. Really, the Heat have played well tonight.

istons: 100
    2:38 OT

Maybe I spoke too soon
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

How many game are the refs going to give Detroit because of the Minn. game... The Heat got raped in the final seconds!!! What a shame.

istons: 102

Final OT
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Pistons win. Miami guy got totally hacked going to basket to tie it up with 8 secs left, no call.

OK, Ok that is enough now. Pistons got as terrible call at Minnesota a week ago, but now in the past two games that have gotten two huge calls right at the end which helped them win

Tonight's was especially bad, Corliss fouled a guy on purpose as not to give up a layup and the refs don't call it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh, Wasn't really a BAD hack.....Mimai STILL got the ball back with 9 seconds left....thats just sour grapes....

Blame "Skip to my Lou" for believeing he could make a 32-footer to win the game.....

What's the point? We all know the Pistons will squeak out another one. They're the luckiest team in basketball right now.
    ...says the fan from the team that just played the Lakers without Shaq, Kobe, Karl, even Kareem freaking Rush

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Eh, Wasn't really a BAD hack.....Mimai STILL got the ball back with 9 seconds left....thats just sour grapes....

Blame "Skip to my Lou" for believeing he could make a 32-footer to win the game.....

What's the point? We all know the Pistons will squeak out another one. They're the luckiest team in basketball right now.
    ...says the fan from the team that just played the Lakers without Shaq, Kobe, Karl, even Kareem freaking Rush
    Whatever man...The refs bailed your boys out tonight. The game should have never came down to Raefer having to take that shot. Haslim should have been on the line with a chance to tie the game!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Whatever man...The refs bailed your boys out tonight. The game should have never came down to Raefer having to take that shot. Haslim should have been on the line with a chance to tie the game!!!

Eh, fine by me.

I'd still rather have the game in Minnesota over a couple of bad calls in which the game would have just gone ANOTHER OVERTIME....both situations we had the advantage and would likely have won anwyay.

When a team hits a shot to win a game and the shot is wiped out on a bad call, THEN I will start feeling guilty......otherwise, its just sour grapes, plain and simple.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Eh, fine by me.

I'd still rather have the game in Minnesota over a couple of bad calls in which the game would have just gone ANOTHER OVERTIME....both situations we had the advantage and would likely have won anwyay.
    What advantage did you have vs Memphis? They would have been going into OT on like an 11-0 run.

Eh, fine by me.

What advantage did you have vs Memphis? They would have been going into OT on like an 11-0 run.
    Yeah, an 11-0 run we more or less allowed them to have. No timeouts, no subs, we just really didnt think they could score 11 in 2 minutes. When we were giving effort, Memphis wasnt getting anything on us.

In any case, its not as if the refs took a guarenteed WIN away from either team....

Mood

Eh, fine by me.

Yeah, an 11-0 run we more or less allowed them to have. No timeouts, no subs, we just really didnt think they could score 11 in 2 minutes. When we were giving effort, Memphis wasnt getting anything on us.
    Yeah, well the effort obviously left the building. That's pretty arrogant to just assume your team would win the OT, especially after giving up 11 like that.

I just looked at the Pistons schedule between now and the allstar break

H - Cavs
    @ - New Orleans
    @ - Dallas
    @ - New Jersey
    H - Kings

4 very tough games. Although the Hornets look more like the Wizards lately.

The heat have been playing very well. They are well coached.

Wanna hear something funny to me? Ronnie Nunn (head of officials) did call the Detroit/Minn game an error, but also went on to say that the Pistons did benefit from a ref's error in Golden St. that resulted in a Piston's victory. To me, it sounds like the Minn game was just kind of evening up things.

But, Detroit is still getting the favorable calls from the officials in the final seconds...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Wanna hear something funny to me? Ronnie Nunn (head of officials) did call the Detroit/Minn game an error, but also went on to say that the Pistons did benefit from a ref's error in Golden St. that resulted in a Piston's victory. To me, it sounds like the Minn game was just kind of evening up things.

But, Detroit is still getting the favorable calls from the officials in the final seconds...
    Yes...we are the New Lakers...the glamour team of the NBA....we pay David Stern money to make his refs give us the game...on the Minnesota game we were simply late on payments... you found us out....

Yes...we are the New Lakers...the glamour team of the NBA....we pay David Stern money to make his refs give us the game...on the Minnesota game we were simply late on payments... you found us out....
    Ok...you got me! I'll stop right now. Good Win!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

One stat lost in all this is that Tay Prince FINALLY decided to be aggressive, and scores a career-high 24 points along with 6 rebounds. I'm happy for him.

I can assure you we aren't.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

What's the point? We all know the Pistons will squeak out another one. They're the luckiest team in basketball right now. ed:
    Yup...called that one. ed:

Southside_Pacer

After seeing the highlights on NBA Fastbreak, how could that NOT have been called as a foul.

Miami has every right to complain that's for sure.

After seeing the highlights on NBA Fastbreak, how could that NOT have been called as a foul.

The refs were really horrible the whole game, that was just the latest one.

Haslem was due to miss SOMETHING anyway, its not like hes an automatic FT shooter.

Miami has 8 seconds to do something about it, and they didn't. It falls on them. ed:

Mood

Haslem was due to miss SOMETHING anyway, its not like hes an automatic FT shooter.

Miami has 8 seconds to do something about it, and they didn't. It falls on them. ed:
    You sure do make up a lot of excuses when it's not your team getting screwed. ed:

You sure do make up a lot of excuses when it's not your team getting screwed. ed:
    The Minnesota game was a special case.

That was the first time Ive EVER been that upset over a call, and you probably wont ever see me that critical of an official again. THis call wasnt even COMPERABLE to the Minnesota game. If we were given a full 9 seconds and the ball, I doubt you would have even heard me MENTION the call at all.

As I said before, when a team literlly WINS A GAME, and a ref steps in and takes it away with no time left, THEN I'll show some sympathy......but dont expect me to get all teary-eyed over a team that had 9 seconds to tie the game..... ed:

Nerd.
    Mood

LMAO. I've noticed that, too. But don't we all do it? I think so.

Mood

LMAO. I've noticed that, too. But don't we all do it? I think so.
    Probably.