Well, we have a full two weeks to dissect every possible angle of Colts vs. Saints so let's get it going here. First, there's a poll if you would like to participate. There's a lot of angles to work here:
1. Peyton going back to the big one, trying to cement his legacy even further as one of the all time NFL greats.
2. Brees searching for redemption after being forced out of SD. I would bet anything he was secretly hoping he'd get to beat SD in the Super Bowl.
3. Peyton returning to his hometown to face his dad's old team. Pretty sure we know where Archie's loyalties lie, but it won't stop the NO fanbase from making it a HUGE deal.
4. The people of New Orleans rallying around the Saints like no other fanbase ever has in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
5. The Colts trying to quiet the critics who are still angry that they didn't go for 19-0.
I'm sure there are more so feel free to add as you see fit.
I actually preferred this matchup to the Vikings because that front 4 of the Vikings is truly terrifying, and Jared Allen is one of the few players in the NFL that could swallow Manning whole. It's too bad Jason David isn't still showcasing his "ability" for the Saints so Peyton won't have him to pick on. The Colts have beaten every type of team there is and won games in every fashion you can this season. I think they have what it takes on offense and defense to beat the Saints. This one should be a good game. Two # 1 seeds, both well rounded teams, and both play a similar style. My pick is: