DJ Augustin 3 yr, 8,124,550
    Mike James 1 yr, 6,466,600
    Javaris Crittendon 1 yr, 1,477,920
    ----Year One In 10,292,200 Total In 16,069,070

WAS gets:

Nazr Mohammed 2 yr, 13,350,400
    Acie Law 1 yr, 2,216,160
    ----Year One In 8,682,760 Total In 15,566,560

Charlotte gets a couple of savvy veterans in Ford and Stevenson who would fit in well with what Larry Brown likes. Ford would backup a cheaper Felton, who they own Bird rights for and would be able to retain. They take on an extra 2.3M this year and only another 2-3M total for this deal. They get two cheap pieces to make a playoff push this year.

Washington gets a bunch of cap relief this year. They save 3.6M this year which doubles because of the LT. They also save about 2-3M over the course of this deal, but their biggest key is taking money off of this year's cap number, so they can at least get close enough to make another trade to get under the tax threshold.

Indiana gets a young player in DJ Augustin and a couple of expiring contracts for probably the best player in the whole deal in TJ. The other players are mostly just shuffling of contracts. We may have to compensate Washington with a second rounder or cash. This rectifies our 2011 cap number situation and gets us a young player who is very much out of favor on his current team. The competition between Price and Augustin will hopefully provide us our PG rotation of the future.

Default Re: CHA/WAS/IND

I'm not sure Javaris Crittendon is really in the league anymore. Or at least he sort of is - until Stern gets thru with him ................

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Creittendon and James are both cut by the Pacers, so we are only keeping Augustin. We aren't going to cut anybody else from our team since we are looking at 17 people on our roster after this deal. I didn't make that clear.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd go for this in a heartbeat as long as we could cut Crittendon and James.

We get Augustin and get rid of Ford, Beautiful!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We get Augustin and get rid of Ford, Beautiful!
    Which is exactly why Charlotte wouldn't do it.

Nazr's basically the only center Charlotte has until Chandler returns, and he's actually been playing pretty well lately. I doubt Charlotte does this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nazr's basically the only center Charlotte has until Chandler returns, and he's actually been playing pretty well lately. I doubt Charlotte does this.

Yes, Nazr has been playing very admirably of late while the Bobcats have been winning. As you I don't see Charlotte doing this deal. I don't see Brown wanting Ford either.