Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: sacremento - indiana

  1. #1

    Default sacremento - indiana

    http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5399966


    Change in Team Outlook: +3.1 ppg, -8.9 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

    Incoming Players
    Kevin Martin
    6-7 SG from Western Carolina
    25.2 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.7 apg in 38.1 minutes
    Sean May
    6-9 PF from North Carolina
    3.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.6 apg in 10.9 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    14.1 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.4 minutes
    Roy Hibbert
    7-2 C from Georgetown
    11.0 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 23.5 minutes
    Stanko Barac
    0-0 from
    No games yet played in 2009-2010


    With the trade talk about Martin going on, I would love to see him be a Pacer.

    Sean May is the throw in to make it work. Add in someone else that makes 1 mil or so. Stanco is the sweetener they won't be able to refuse
    They do this cause Hibbert is a stud and Murph might be good in their system... at least I'm sure they like him more than I do, plus he saves them alot of dough as he comes off the books next year and Martin is tied into a longer deal. I suppose we could add Rush instead of Stanko if we had to, but I'd wanna keep one of Hibbert or Rush. Hibbert to me seems like he would be highly coveted around the league, as Rush is meh..
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 01-22-2010 at 05:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Member tikitomoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    the pacers would get killed on this deal, especially if they add rush instead of stanky

  3. #3

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    why would we ever trade our 2nd year, true center who has grown leaps and bounds from his 1st to 2nd year for a smaller danny granger who plays less D

  4. #4

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    It's amazing how some of you guys overvalue our players. Like Roy is the next Kareem Abdul Jabar or something. I guess it's just typical homerism. It's probably been that way since the first Athens olympics.

    KMartin is the closest thing to Reggie Miller the NBA has. He could be that guy Danny needs to complete our 2 star tandem. I would not want to give up Rush either, I really do like the kid. He would be the perfect back up for Martin. I like Roy too, but you gotta give up talent to get talent, and sorry but Keven Martin is a badass... more so than Hibbert.

    After our "3 year plan" is complete, what free agents could we possibly get that would be anywhere near the quality of Kevin Martin?

  5. #5

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    free agents will come for the money - they don`t care where it comes from! Hibbert is going to be a quality player-- to include in a trade would not be wise

  6. #6
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,444
    Mood

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    I'd say no way. I understand we need to give talent to get talent, but bigs with Roy's skill set are hard to find. I'd much rather toss in Rush instead of Roy.

  7. #7
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    We need to cut salary and get better defensively. This does the exact opposite of that. Martin is frail and plays a "reckless" game where he gets beat up. He takes a beating and gets injured a lot. I do like the dimension that he brings of taking the ball to the hole and getting to the free throw line where he converts at a high percentage. I just would NOT give up Hibbert and the Pacers have said he is not available in a trade. I wouldn't give up Rush either. Martin is better than Rush, but I think Rush brings more to the defensive end of the floor and his offensive game is coming around (slowly but surely IMO). Rush is cheaper now and will be cheaper to re-sign as a primarily defensive player. I like Martin, but just not enough to give up a lot for him. Plus I don't think they would value Troy highly, due to him not being a great fit in that front court.

  8. #8

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Pacergod..
    It's not like Roy and Troy are going to be voted to the all defensive team anytime soon. I think Roy can be good defensively as a shotblocker with the right players around him to cover up for his slowness. But, I dare say we would be a better defensive team just by Troy and Roy not playing.

    Sac may not view Troy very high, but he definately could be useful, plus he has the huge expiring next season. The reason they would do this is maybe they value Hibbert, plus the incentive of saving money.

    Roy does have good upside, that is why teams might show interest. I do like him, but I just don't think he is all that. He might be someday... but it is not a sure thing. KMartin is a sure thing. I looked through some of the trades on here, and most of them are TJ + Murph for some good player... that aint gonna happen. I thought this was maybe more reasonable. (Sac probably wouldn't do it anyway)

    We need to save money so we can spend it on the amazing free agent class of 2011... ZBO comes home YAY!
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 01-23-2010 at 10:55 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacergod..
    It's not like Roy and Troy are going to be voted to the all defensive team anytime soon. I think Roy can be good defensively as a shotblocker with the right players around him to cover up for his slowness. But, I dare say we would be a better defensive team just by Troy and Roy not playing.

    Sac may not view Troy very high, but he definately could be useful, plus he has the huge expiring next season. The reason they would do this is maybe they value Hibbert, plus the incentive of saving money.

    Roy does have good upside, that is why teams might show interest. I do like him, but I just don't think he is all that. He might be someday... but it is not a sure thing. KMartin is a sure thing. I looked through some of the trades on here, and most of them are TJ + Murph for some good player... that aint gonna happen. I thought this was maybe more reasonable. (Sac probably wouldn't do it anyway)

    We need to save money so we can spend it on the amazing free agent class of 2011... ZBO comes home YAY!
    You are way off in your assessment here.

    you claim Martin is the closest thing to Reggie Miller in the league, and that is just an insult to even mention his name in the same sentence.

    All Kevin Martin (Kenyon Martin is KMart) is guaranteed to do is shoot a lot and miss at least 20 games every year. There is a reason everyone thinks he will get traded, because he's taking shots away from the ROY Tyreke Evans.

    You must have no idea how important it is to have a true center with skills in the NBA. They're a rare commodity. Roy's potential is through the roof and big men take longer to develop than guards. If Roy has improved so much over one season why are we so eager to ship him off for some overrated talent. The thing that Pisses me off about PD so much is that everybody panics after every single game, and they have no patience, and this is just an example.

    Lastly, let's say that we make this trade. We now have a combination of Solo and the Messiah Mcroberts playing center, and that pudge Sean May.

    great trade idea

  10. #10

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are way off in your assessment here.

    you claim Martin is the closest thing to Reggie Miller in the league, and that is just an insult to even mention his name in the same sentence.

    All Kevin Martin (Kenyon Martin is KMart) is guaranteed to do is shoot a lot and miss at least 20 games every year. There is a reason everyone thinks he will get traded, because he's taking shots away from the ROY Tyreke Evans.

    You must have no idea how important it is to have a true center with skills in the NBA. They're a rare commodity. Roy's potential is through the roof and big men take longer to develop than guards. If Roy has improved so much over one season why are we so eager to ship him off for some overrated talent. The thing that Pisses me off about PD so much is that everybody panics after every single game, and they have no patience, and this is just an example.

    Lastly, let's say that we make this trade. We now have a combination of Solo and the Messiah Mcroberts playing center, and that pudge Sean May.

    great trade idea
    I'm not trying to **** you off man... and I certainly don't represent PD in some generalized way as you infer. I think you fans are seriously overrating Hibbert and are total homers. How ya like that?

    Thing is I really like Hibbert! I think he can be a great player. Don't put words in my mouth because I have a makebelieve trade.

    Anyway, whatever... I'm not Larry Bird and you don't have to sweat it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    This would just completely strip the Pacers roster of any big guys. And I guess I still don't see many good things on Sacto's side of it either.

    It really doesn't do much for the Pacers financially either.

    And first, thingfish says Hibbert is a stud and then says you fans are seriously overrating Hibbert. Which is it ??

    In closing - the longer we can keep ZBO out of Indiana, the safer we'll all be.

  12. #12

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Well, he is a stud. But if you can turn him into Kevin Martin you do it. He isn't that much of a stud, that is where the serious overrating is.

    And we would only be kinda thin for one season. Maybe May can play? I don't know what's going on with him, I just threw him in as filler cause he has 1 year at 1mill according to hoopshype. We do have Tyler, Solo, Jeff(?) and McBob we can play. I am totally fine with that. Were we competing for anything other than a draft pick this year anyway? We can give the young guys some play and go small when we have to. In offseason we can shore up the front court through the draft.

    We would have Granger locked up till 2014 and Martin locked up till 2013. That is something very solid you can build around.

    I really do like Roy and there aren't too many situations I would want to trade him, but this is one that I would.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 01-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he is a stud. But if you can turn him into Kevin Martin you do it.
    No, you don't. We already have a bombs away guy - Granger. And there's the old unwritten NBA trade rule - don't trade a big for a small.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe May can play?
    Apparently - he can't. If he could, he'd be getting time in Sacto.

  14. #14

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Come on guys.. Kevin Martin is one of the best SGs in the league...
    Are you sure you aren't overvaluing Roy here?

    Yea the old saying, never trade a big for a small... but we are talking about Roy Hibbert for Kevin Martin here. Not Dwight Howard for Kevin Martin.

  15. #15
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,749

    Default Re: sacremento - indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing how some of you guys overvalue our players. Like Roy is the next Kareem Abdul Jabar or something. I guess it's just typical homerism. It's probably been that way since the first Athens olympics.

    KMartin is the closest thing to Reggie Miller the NBA has. He could be that guy Danny needs to complete our 2 star tandem. I would not want to give up Rush either, I really do like the kid. He would be the perfect back up for Martin. I like Roy too, but you gotta give up talent to get talent, and sorry but Keven Martin is a badass... more so than Hibbert.

    After our "3 year plan" is complete, what free agents could we possibly get that would be anywhere near the quality of Kevin Martin?
    the only person to make that claim has been ron artest...surely you dont want to be tossed in the same wagon as him
    yes, kevin martin is definitely one of the best sg in the leagues, but hes also one of the most injury prone
    someone with great talent is pretty useless for us if theyre only going to play half a season. dunleavy can tell you that too.
    as for the trade, you have to ask yourself whether or not you think kevin martin is the answer to our problems? i personally say no :/ he is great, but imo indy should be looking for a 4.

Similar Threads

  1. 4 way action: Indiana, Portland, Philadelphia, Minnesota
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM
  2. Indiana gets list of alleged violations related to phone calls
    By Will Galen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 01:31 PM
  3. My Original Article
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
  4. Extensive game 3 coverage from the Boston Globe.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •