Thread: A Premenition for John Wall?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default A Premenition for John Wall?

Josh in Indiana:
    With promising young pieces like Hibbert, Rush, Hansbrough, and Price in addition to all-star Danny Granger, do you think my Pacers have set up a solid foundation to win in the future?
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=731

Joel Brigham:
    I'm not particularly impressed with Rush, but the other three guys you mentioned appear to be very proimising pieces, yes. Unfortunately, the team is kind of handcuffed with Murphy and Dunleavy's contracts right now, so until they can move on from that (and T.J. Ford, for that matter), it's going to be hard to see them improving too drastically. I, for some reason, keep having this gut feeling that John Wall ends up in Indinanapolis. If that ends up being the case, good night. The rebuilding process suddenly looks a whole lot prettier.

Maybe,
    just maybe we will actually have some good fortune

as a franchise , I cant think of one more deserving
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: A Premenition for John Wall?

This guy has a gut feeling, too:

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he is right, but A bit of Aerosmith sounds about right for this occasion:

Dream On
    Dream On
    Dream until your dreams come tru - ue (guitar riff)

Dream on
    Dream on
    Dream on
    AH HAH AH HAH AH HAH AH HAH AH HAH AH HAH AH HAH

Maybe we can trade the Nets TJ, Troy, and Foster (those are our most rumored trading pieces) for Devin Harris, a couple of filler pieces, and their UNPROTECTED first round pick.

New Jersey is the near term "likely to be favored" franchise of the NY metro area when they get their new arena and their new ownership exerts its influence, I am sure that they will somehow not fail to get their allotment of ping pong balls, as well as a promise from Mr. Wall to agree to come out of college and into the NBA draft this summer. That way, when Lebron heads to Gotham and MSG, there will be two interesting franchises in the large NYC market, which the NBA will covet almost as much as a Celtic / Lakeshow rivalry.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not saying that the NBA is rigged or not, I know Stern favors stars, but I don't know if he would rig the lottery for PR reasons.

Hypothetically lets say he did though. If he was going to rig the draft, the Pacers would make the most sense from a PR point of view, to win the #1 pick. If the Pacers got John Wall, they would have John Wall/Derrick Rose/Brandon Jennings facing off 4 times a year - add LeBron James to that mix and the Central becomes one of - if not the most entertaining division in the NBA.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Here's my feeling, the Pacers can walk away from this draft with one of these guys:
    Wall, Favors, Patterson, Wes Johnson, Evan Turner or Stan Robinson.

If they got crafty they could maybe get a pick in the teens and then trade it for 2 in the 2nd 5 and get 1 of those guys above and a Dunn, Singler, Davis, Lawal or Monroe.

Right now it looks like the team is going to get a nice talent bump regardless, and has enough quality guys in the draft that the could even afford to trade a wing if it made things work....even Danny dare I say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's my feeling, the Pacers can walk away from this draft with one of these guys:

If they got crafty they could maybe get a pick in the teens and then trade it for 2 in the 2nd 5 and get 1 of those guys above and a Dunn, Singler, Davis, Lawal or Monroe.

Right now it looks like the team is going to get a nice talent bump regardless, and has enough quality guys in the draft that the could even afford to trade a wing if it made things work....even Danny dare I say it.
    ....Don't do it Pacers.

I couldn't handle another undersized player - we need to stay away from Patterson. If he was an elite defender for being undersized thats one thing, but he's not even a good defender at the college level, he's decent there, he will be a bad NBA defender. Not to mention he won't be able to move people out of his way like he can in college.

He reminds me far too much of Ike Diogu, even if their games are a little different, I think the outcome will be the same.

What I highlighted doesn't make sense to me. Well, I understand everything, but "2 in the 2nd 5."

IF Wall is not available, I hope they pick Favors. I think he's just the type of guy to set next to Hibbert. His strengths are largely Roy's weaknesses. Plus he already has NBA size and has a teradactyl wing span.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Smile Re: A Premenition for John Wall?

Uh oh. I can see it now. The Pacers don't make any draft night trades, and they use their pick on someone not on your list, and then you explode. Possibly literally as it will be two years in a row.

*hit the deck!*

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I think it means two picks between 5-10 in this years draft

"2 in the 2nd 5."

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    I think it means two picks between 5-10 in this years draft

"2 in the 2nd 5."
    I sure hope he doesn't believe we should draft some of those players between the 5-10 pick... b/c only Wall, Favors, Wes Johnson, Evan Patterson, and Ed Davis are the only ones on that list he mentioned that could be considered in that range...

One site has Robinson at 13 another (ESPN which keeps their list updated like weekly) at #27... After Shawne Williams and his issues do you really think we'd take a chance on him at the point that this franchise is Seth, I mean seriously?

The rest Seth listed wasn't even on ESPN's top 20... (and they last updated it the 19th of Jan.)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

As much as I want Wall, I just have a feeling we're not going to luck out. Our luck as been soooo bad
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Look, has he said he's going to enter the draft this year? What if he decides to stay in college?
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

i would bet every cent i had on him entering the draft

(ignoring the fact that that amounts to next to nothing)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Look, has he said he's going to enter the draft this year? What if he decides to stay in college?
    here is a little tidbit from the Dan Patrick show interview with Calipari from Jan 21 2010

link to audio:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...321/index.html

"If he came to me and said he was the No. 1 pick in the draft, and he wanted to come back, we'd probably be wrestling around on the floor because there's no reason other than me trying to win more games that he should come back," Calipari said.

As much as I place high value on a good college "edumacation" ...

If I were a college basketball player and knew with 98% certainty , that I would be THE #1 pick in the draft, you can bet your sweet bippy I would enter the draft.. No IFS ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT.

One can ALWAYS go back to college at some point , if they choose to...and get their degrees in whatever.. With the kinda money these guys will make.. there really is no need for a degree at that point , except for "bragging rights"... Cause face it, if they manage their money right.. even off the rookie contract.. a person could live comfortably the rest of their life , without working a 9-5 EVER AGAIN..

Shoot.. give me a few million a year for 3 years straight, and I would invest , and turn it into multi-millions , and live off the interest COMFORTABLY.. for the rest of my life.. AND my future kids would be set for life...

But ya... going in the top 3 in the NBA draft is a once in a lifetime opportunity.. let alone going NUMBER 1 in the draft...

In my own opinion ... IF a player who knew he had a 90% chance of going #1 , had passed it up to stay in college... I'd say school hasn't done much for him , and that he was a DUMBA$$.. And that he better get all the education he can, because he is gonna need it for being so stupid.. lol

Once again .. that is just my opinion ..

There have been ALOT of players , who , by staying in school... actually HURT their draft spot when they finally did declare for the draft..... I know , that there HAS TO HAVE BEEN ... some ... who were even seriously injured,in between time... to never get a chance to play in the NBA...

Like I said.. I value education, but a 100% guarantee of being drafted in the TOP 3 in the NBA draft is a "no brainer" ... ESPECIALLY when you are considered the best in this year's draft class and will go #1 unless you seriously do something to screw it up...

Last edited by Kemo; 01-22-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Seth

You can not possibly consider Stanley Roberts
    Can u?
    Sittin on top of the world!