Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88

Thread: Oby benches Roy

  1. #26
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you prefer the way Polian treated loyal Colt's fans?
    The Colts have sold out every game since 1998. I would LOVE the Pacers to have such a horrible relationship with their fans like the Colts do.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,160

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Yeah, I would agree that right now is probably not a good time to compare the Pacers and Colts in anything.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  4. #28
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you prefer the way Polian treated loyal Colt's fans?

    The Pacers are trying to reconnect with their fan base, now whether you think they are succeding is your right as a fan to express. I just don't think it is cool to be demeaning in the process .
    How about how demeaning this process of reconnection has been to the fans. How insulting has it been to be told things and then see something that contradicts that?

    I mean I'll give credit that finally after months (going back to last year) of complaining we are finally seeing the very grudging application of changes - Roy is finally getting some chances to be the man, but of course that's always on the verge of being yanked away. Price finally got PT only a few weeks after we were told he was outplaying the other PGs. Ford finally got sat after Jack and 80% of the fanbase complained about his style for more than a year.

    But Rush just got trashed out right as he was having 2 of his best games. McRoberts plays several great games and not only doesn't see his minutes continue as a reward for it, he actually goes into deep DNP even with the team extremely low on bigs.

    There are fits of intolerance and often the product and method on the floor seems in direct contradiction to what is said to the fans in the press.



    We have patience for a rebuild, otherwise we'd already be gone. We were looking for a rebuild some time ago in fact. I have no problem appreciating that Roy, Rush and Price will still make mistakes and have bad games.

    In fact, the fanbase is MORE accepting of those issues than management or coaching appears to be. That's part of the problem. WE have bought into this process, and the insult is that the team hasn't.

    At least not all the team.


    So if this is one of our ticket brokers, or a video tape assistant, or coach Harter or Troy Murphy, I get that winning back the fans is a lot of work and that it sucks to work at it only to have fans trash out the team.

    But that video above is NOT more insulting than the last 2 games were to every single Pacers fan. Losing is one thing, not giving a F*** is something else. I don't believe that was a full effort, no way. I've seen all these guys play much better than that.

    Management should watch it, get upset and hate us. Then they'll be walking in our shoes when we watch games like the Florida trip. OKC, that was a loss, the FLA games, that was offensive and indefensible.

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peck?
    If you won't even put up a fight to the claim that you are the same guy behind those aliases, I should just ban you and get it over with.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  8. #30

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    JohnnyBGoode should change his name to JohnnybFlamed !!! Is this Stacy Paetz's handle on PD?

    You are ridiculous!!! We want Pacers management to read this. I am sick of wasting what little spare time I have following a franchise that has no direction. This video is very blunt and on point. Zach Randolph coming to you in the summer of 2011, YEAH!!!!

    If we fall behind by 20 points in the first quarter one more time before the All Star break I think I might give up on the Pacers. At least last year's team competed and was fun to watch. Who would have guessed Jack was the corn that held the polished turd together last season? Now we are just left with a turd and no shine.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes their God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Bird

  9. #31
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    OK...back to the topic. I though it was pi$$ your pants funny.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,641

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy crap, let's not treat a comment from an unknown source as it it really IS from Pacers management. As far as I know, no one REALLY in management has made a comment one way or the other.

    How about aiming it at the guy claiming they might react that way instead of responding like they really DID react that way?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  12. #33
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by IU_sears View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JohnnyBGoode should change his name to JohnnybFlamed !!! Is this Stacy Paetz's handle on PD?

    You are ridiculous!!! We want Pacers management to read this. I am sick of wasting what little spare time I have following a franchise that has no direction. This video is very blunt and on point. Zach Randolph coming to you in the summer of 2011, YEAH!!!!

    If we fall behind by 20 points in the first quarter one more time before the All Star break I think I might give up on the Pacers. At least last year's team competed and was fun to watch. Who would have guessed Jack was the corn that held the polished turd together last season? Now we are just left with a turd and no shine.
    Damn man, brutal, but honest. Yeah I miss Jack, corn that he is. He was more important than most realized. I really like DJones too, but Jack was able to hold his on court leader role, while it seems Dahntay has all but given up or been given the vote of no confidence by the coach.

    God, think if we could have had gotten rid of Murph or Dun, kept Jack and picked up Dahntay, and had a new coach to start this season. /sigh sa la vie

    At this point it seems like we need addition by subtraction. Murph, Dun and our coach need to be exorcized from our team to start the healing process. (just my opinion of course). Actually we could just keep them and get a new coach who will play them correctly (sparingly). Hard nosed defense builds pride. Fast break jump shooting fluffy bunny pussies do not bulid pride.

  13. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [yt][yt]

    Sorry for the double posting of this.
    this is the funniest thing ever

  14. #35
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,846

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    I love the hard "c" in Celtics. I'm guessing Peck didn't realize he'd get that as an extra bonus.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. #36
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,780

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    We want more, we want more, we want more....


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  16. #37
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,910

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP63 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK...back to the topic. I though it was pi$$ your pants funny.
    I thought it was funny and cool. I didn't know that you can create such a video through some website. Okay...whose who on the video?

    There were 2 guys in the video...I'd guess that one's view can probably represent someone ( or a bunch of people ) here in PD.

    As far as I can tell, I'm the shirtless guy with the hat.

    EDIT - Everytime I watch this video....I just laugh my @ss off. Seriously....why do we not have a "Post of the Year" button that we can push to keep track of these threads.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-21-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #38
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Love it!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  18. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you won't even put up a fight to the claim that you are the same guy behind those aliases, I should just ban you and get it over with.
    Why should I have to put up a fight, I have not done anything to warrant the treatment from Peck. The funny thing is I don't have a clue as to why I am being labeled as someone that I have no idea who they are. Logic seems to be in short supply around here lately. I have been around since 2007 and I am JohnnyBGoode and no one else. Now do you want DNA also?

  19. #40
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    I just spent 45 minutes working on one of these and the whole damn thing got erased because it resets the editing box if you move the mouse even a pixel outside!

  20. #41
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,430
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you prefer the way Polian treated loyal Colt's fans?

    The Pacers are trying to reconnect with their fan base, now whether you think they are succeding is your right as a fan to express. I just don't think it is cool to be demeaning in the process .
    Neither are acceptable.

    To suggest that the Pacers are trying reconnecting to their "fan base" is weak at best, and laugable at worst. If there were no free or deeply discounted tickets to casual fans, the franchise might have 2,500 in the building weeknights and 5,000 on weekends except against the three teams that have been singled out in Pacers promotions because they have the elite players in the league as the draws to Conseco for fans of the sport of basketball, many of whom could not possibly care less if the Pacers are even in town that night. They just want to see Kobe, Lebron, etc.

    In an effort to rectify the situation, the Pacers are catering to the extremities that are the casual basketball fans as a primary source of "reconnection" due to the relatively easy cheap promotional cost for just getting bodies in the building.

    The key to recovering the Pacers ACTUAL fan base would mean catering to its core like those of us here (which is only done when it absolutely has to be in my experience as a former 10 year season ticket holder for the franchise, this year being my first year of freedom since the franchise moved to Conseco) first, which then should lead to slightly less rabid fans who associate with us becoming more interested due to our enthusiasm, and so on, and so on.

    We are the fans who have been with the franchise as fans for a long period of time through both good and bad times. To have coaches and leaders of the team come out and double speak like politicians is to be expected, but we are not often fooled as a collective. To not expect decidedly scathing posts is totally unrealistic to expect in the position that those with the franchise are in, and the only difference here is that it was done with a significant bump in humor due to the format it was presented in.

    Otherwise, basically, the true fan base is extremely upset with PS&E and those involved in both the decision making processes and those executing the "basketball" plans on the floor, as well as those players we perceive to be at the heart of the effort and chemistry issues.

    If you actually happen to be in any of those positions, I suggest that you approach whoever it takes to begin a quick and thorough house cleaning from the top to the bottom within the organization if you wish for "demeaning" posting to stop in this public forum that probably has more true Pacer fans than any other single place on the internet, and the remaining former fan base that is less actively engaged in the consumption of Pacers related news and commentary to actually start returning to the franchise.

    Otherwise, truthfully, if you don't think that most of us here have valid points to what we are posting (though admittedly in over-the-top emotional outbursts more frequently this year due to higher frustration), at least don't be surprised about it and tell us, as fans, that we shouldn't express ourselves in the way we see fit during what is the worst time in the last 20+ years of this franchise, and perhaps the worst since the Simon family saved the franchise.

  21. #42

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    I dont care who you are that is funny **** right there.

  22. #43
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,676

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The key to recovering the Pacers ACTUAL fan base........
    There's only one real key to recovering the fan base.......




    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  24. #44
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    I was expecting a video along the lines of 'Hitler finds out JOB is benching Roy'...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  26. #45
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,430
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    And in an effort to win, changes will likely be required, possibly up to and including at the organizational level.

  27. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just spent 45 minutes working on one of these and the whole damn thing got erased because it resets the editing box if you move the mouse even a pixel outside!
    Im trying to move mine to my youtube account but I cant find were to do it, any help?

  28. #47
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was expecting a video along the lines of 'Hitler finds out JOB is benching Roy'...

    THAT is a funny series as well!
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:


  30. #48
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy crap, let's not treat a comment from an unknown source as it it really IS from Pacers management. As far as I know, no one REALLY in management has made a comment one way or the other.

    How about aiming it at the guy claiming they might react that way instead of responding like they really DID react that way?
    Because I'm a fair guy and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He hinted that he might in some way be close to or even involved with the team. I know some of the ticket sales guys browse here at times, obviously MB does, who knows who else. I'm being sincere here. If he's just trolling then that will become apparent at some point, but this struck me as someone that found it hitting too close to home (as in involved with the team).


    I'm blasting the IDEA that they'd be upset as well.


    I think its pretty obvious I'm not blasting anyone of TPTB if they aren't bothered to find out that fans are frustrated and venting. Maybe some of them don't want to hear it, but I think Bird is a big boy and could hack it. Ditto for Morway. I think they are trying and as long as its not working they are neither satisfied nor expecting a free pass for effort.

  31. #49
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am in the entertainment business and I will leave it at that.
    Bowser?

  32. #50
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    To be honest, JOB doesn't use Roy very effectively so if it's based totally on O'Brien's system then I somehow agree. The team clearly played better without Roy last night.

    Having a player as good as Roy AND not using him effectively, that's where I have the issue.

    I thought the Suns game was a turning point for Roy, but I guess not.


    ALL of this, of course, is assuming Roy is benched. Has this even been confirmed?

Similar Threads

  1. Skiles benches Redd, Bogut as Cats drop Bucks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Murray lifts Hawks vs. Heat in battle of benches [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
  4. Isiah benches Randolph as Bosh pounds Knicks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •