Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 88

Thread: Oby benches Roy

  1. #51
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was funny and cool. I didn't know that you can create such a video through some website. Okay...whose who on the video?

    There were 2 guys in the video...I'd guess that one's view can probably represent someone ( or a bunch of people ) here in PD.
    It's a long-time Pacers staple: Mr Optimist vs Mr Pessimist.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #52
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was expecting a video along the lines of 'Hitler finds out JOB is benching Roy'...
    Yeah, the situation is really calling for a good Downfall remix.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #53

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the situation is really calling for a good Downfall remix.



    "Everyvun who vatched ze Miami blowout loss all ze vay to ze end . . . leave ze room!"
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,156

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe this kind of posting that will ingratiate PD with the Pacer's brass. If you are trying to alienate the Pacer's management, job well done.
    And we should care because.....?

  5. #55
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,577

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    This video is the best Pacers-related thing since tipoff 2009/2010
    Thank you Jeff.

  6. #56
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,505

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    At least this video is entertaining... unlike 2009-2010 Pacer season basketball...
    Last edited by Bball; 01-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  8. #57

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least this video is entertaining... unlike 2009-2020 Pacer season basketball...


    Please. Tell me that's a simple typing mistake and not a forecast.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  10. #58
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,505

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. Tell me that's a simple typing mistake and not a forecast.
    I don't know what you are talking about!
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #59
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    That was hilarious. At least we can still laugh about it. Or maybe we have been disapointing for so long now the only thing we can do is laugh about it

  12. #60
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,853

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you are talking about!
    That's kinda like the five game win streak how we lost all our games the first part of the season.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  13. #61
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    5,353

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    5 game win streak?? This team hasn't won 5 games in a row since Reggie played. Hell, they can't even win 3 games in a row. Whenever they do win, it is because they play small ball with Troy at the center who totally pwns all other centers by making them stretch the defense.

  14. #62
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,435
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Is it time to post another video, with this one regarding the fact that apparently JohnnyBGoode got the message across to whoever needed to hear it regarding fan dissatisfaction about the possibility of O'B benching Roy in favor of small ball, at least for one game?

  15. #63
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    This is priceless!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is priceless!
    First the week long Brush thread now this. So ,you brought up a year old thread about the old coach. I can't seem to figure out a response that would show what I think of you without getting me in trouble with the mods. Really disappointed in this board right now.

  18. #65
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    I was going to say the same thing until i watched the video. That was very funny!

  19. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Love the part that talks about the end of the 3 years plan and how they were going to use the cap space, I wish I knew......

  20. #67
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,853

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First the week long Brush thread now this. So ,you brought up a year old thread about the old coach. I can't seem to figure out a response that would show what I think of you without getting me in trouble with the mods. Really disappointed in this board right now.
    According to the video, there are a variety of places you can direct your disappointment.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  22. #68
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First the week long Brush thread now this. So ,you brought up a year old thread about the old coach. I can't seem to figure out a response that would show what I think of you without getting me in trouble with the mods. Really disappointed in this board right now.
    So hilariously melodramatic.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #69
    Member RamBo_Lamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,267
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First the week long Brush thread now this. So ,you brought up a year old thread about the old coach. I can't seem to figure out a response that would show what I think of you without getting me in trouble with the mods. Really disappointed in this board right now.

    No need for disappointment...everyone is bored right now and can't wait for the next season to
    get under way.

    Nothing wrong with taking a little look back; it helps give perspective on just how far we've come.

    And as for poking fun at Obie, other than his silver sideburns reminding me of a capuchin monkey,
    appreciate his even coming to the Pacers considering the very very tough situation he knew he was
    getting himself into.

    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 08-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:


  26. #70
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First the week long Brush thread now this. So ,you brought up a year old thread about the old coach. I can't seem to figure out a response that would show what I think of you without getting me in trouble with the mods. Really disappointed in this board right now.
    Somebody brought it up in another thread. Besides, that video is hilarious, out of date or not. Also, its not like its a great news day of anything but olympics, seeing as the Pacers are pretty much done with free agency.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. #71
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody brought it up in another thread. Besides, that video is hilarious, out of date or not. Also, its not like its a great news day of anything but olympics, seeing as the Pacers are pretty much done with free agency.
    I know there has basically nothing worth discussing in Pacerland recently(part of the reason coming here has been disappointing). I just got so tired of people b@%$ing about JOB(some justified some not), any mention annoys me now. I really don't care that much but in real life I would probably lightheartedly call you an Ahole, however that would be the end of it.

  28. #72
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,829

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know there has basically nothing worth discussing in Pacerland recently(part of the reason coming here has been disappointing). I just got so tired of people b@%$ing about JOB(some justified some not), any mention annoys me now. I really don't care that much but in real life I would probably lightheartedly call you an Ahole, however that would be the end of it.
    0_0

  29. #73
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    Lol I never seen this. Absolutely hilarious.

  30. #74
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Well if you don't like what I post, there is an ignore button you can use. I could care less.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  31. #75
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Oby benches Roy

    couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less couldn't care less

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Skiles benches Redd, Bogut as Cats drop Bucks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Murray lifts Hawks vs. Heat in battle of benches [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
  4. Isiah benches Randolph as Bosh pounds Knicks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •