Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Oh God no...

    http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15423

    Extra Sports 1150 is reporting that the Lakers are talking to the Pacers right now in an attempt to acquire SF/SG Ron Artest. They're saying the press conference to introduce the 3 players is being put off because Caron Butler and Gary Payton may be on their way to Indiana in an exchange for Ron Artest and another player.
    AND another player?! Are you kidding me?

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?



    I like Butler, but please.

  3. #3
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Have to wait 60 days to package Butler. And I doubt Bird would trade one of our best players for the Mitten and Butler. So that trade is total garbage.

    "Here's to you, Mr. Preposterous trade suggestor"

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Did Donnie leave on vacation and now larry is playing wuth his phone or something?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,945

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Yawn...Just Laker fan trying to avoid the inevitable. Their team sucking!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Superior, CO
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to wait 60 days to package Butler. And I doubt Bird would trade one of our best players for the Mitten and Butler. So that trade is total garbage.

    "Here's to you, Mr. Preposterous trade suggestor"
    Technically they COULD have included this trade and made the original trade for Shaq a three-team deal. But, unless there is a period for altering trades, the LAL-MIA deal is in the books. This sounds like a Laker fan just trying to make the deal easier to swallow...

  7. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Lakersground is talking about this because they saw the same link we have here, and someone replied claiming it was gonna be Bender for one of their forwards NOT named Butler.

    Someone asked him if he herad from his sources, so that got my attention a little. Who knows, maybe a Luke Walton deal?

    But frankly this is probably all total ********

  8. #8
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But frankly this is probably all total ********
    Yes. LB and Donnie will only make minor tweaks (read: Stephen Jackson) to a 60-win club and won't mess around with what works. Just like how everyone would like to see Carlisle run less isolation plays, but it did get us to the ECF...


  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,980

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Doubt this means anything......but I rec'd my season ticket renewal form today. Included is a folder that describes all the benefits of being a season ticket holder.

    On the cover is photo of J.O. getting ready to dunk.

    Inside the cover is an action photo of Artest and Reggie

    On the back cover is an action photos of Tinsley.

    Included within the folder is a "thanks" type card, with J.O and his signature.

    Then there is another sheet that has a large photo of Artest pointing, Renewal gift. Thanks for being part of the team. We get a pen.

    Why do I mention this.

    If the Pacers had planned and expected to trade Ron he would not be so prominantly displayed in this mailing.

    AL is no where to be seen.

    Of course Pacers could trade Ronnie anyway, but this is just a little sign that they won't trade Ron unless a great deal comes along.

    Edit: it always strikes me as very funny, for all the money season tickets cost, the Pacers still see fit to charge a $3.00 handling fee
    [edit=24=1089857540][/edit]

  10. #10
    75Ranger
    Guest

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Theres no way this deal is happening. Were not going to trade Ron for two players coming off bad years. Im sure if we were interested in trading Ron we could get alot more for him then this trade.

  11. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then there is another sheet that has a large photo of Artest pointing, Renewal gift. Thanks for being part of the team.

    If the Pacers had planned and expected to trade Ron he would not be so prominantly displayed in this mailing.
    I though the same thing. Of course, with the lead time for laying out and printing the materials, and the fact that those people aren't necessarily going to be in the loop... I wouldn't take it as a good indicator.

    We get a pen.
    That made me laugh. They raised my ticket prices 10% and all I got was this freakin' pen.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  12. #12
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Oh, and if we trade Ron for Payton and Butler, I might just go PFFL on Donnie.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. #13
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They raised my ticket prices 10% and all I got was this freakin' pen.
    Lloyd Dobler. All right....



    [edit=19=1089860461][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  14. #14

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Everyone just calm down a bit.

    We are not trading Artest, atleast for that.

    Remember there were rumors of him going to Memphis for Bonzi Wells or Mike Miller? Not to long ago.

    Its just wishful thinking by the Lakers.

  15. #15
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,945

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    :finger2: Dream on Laker fans :finger2:
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  16. #16
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    yeah, we resign AJ just so we can go out and trade for PAyton...now that makes sense doesn't it?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  17. #17
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,663

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    No way do we help the Lakers in any way!!Like indygeezer said why resign AJ and then trade for Payton?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  18. #18

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, we resign AJ just so we can go out and trade for PAyton...now that makes sense doesn't it?
    Thats true but why give AJ 4 years?

    Still though, we are not trading Ron to the Lakers.

  19. #19
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    That would be a horrible trade. Ron destroyed Butler so bad in the regular season and the playoffs he still probably hasn't recovered.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  20. #20
    bapspacers4life
    Guest

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    aj pollard cro for bulter and payton ?? lol only wishing it works

  21. #21
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to wait 60 days to package Butler. And I doubt Bird would trade one of our best players for the Mitten and Butler. So that trade is total garbage.

    "Here's to you, Mr. Preposterous trade suggestor"

    As canyoufeelit says, THIS TRADE CAN'T HAPPEN!



    [edit=91=1089871812][/edit]

  22. #22

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Actually, I thought there was a 24-48 hour window to move players that were involved in a trade. Then there is a 60 day waiting period. I am not sure, but I believe this is how it works.

    Either way, no freakin' way. There is no way we should trade Artest for Laker crap.

    MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."

  23. #23
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then there is another sheet that has a large photo of Artest pointing, Renewal gift. Thanks for being part of the team.

    If the Pacers had planned and expected to trade Ron he would not be so prominantly displayed in this mailing.
    I though the same thing. Of course, with the lead time for laying out and printing the materials, and the fact that those people aren't necessarily going to be in the loop... I wouldn't take it as a good indicator.

    We get a pen.
    That made me laugh. They raised my ticket prices 10% and all I got was this freakin' pen.
    Wait a second, we get a shirt, too. At least I did.

    I'm gonna have to wear it to the next party. It is SO fly.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. #24
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Kegboy,

    Did you make Ragnar and me honourary life chairpersons of the JT Bandwagon??

    must be the very least we deserve
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Artest to the Lakers for Payton and Butler?

    Silliness

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •