Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford thinks we'll trade Foster and/or Murphy by the deadline

Mood

Default Chad Ford thinks we'll trade Foster and/or Murphy by the deadline

This was posted in the Random NBA Thoughts thread, but I thought it was worth starting a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    here is more info from Chad Ford

Scott (Indy)

Any Pacer rumors out there? Murphy rumors (in particular)? What would they be asking for him? Cap space or something more substantial?
    Chad Ford (1:33 PM)

Same two: Murphy and Jeff Foster. I expect that, given the level of interest I'm hearing from other GMs, they'll figure out some way to pry them away from the Pacers. Cap relief, draft picks or young players. Some combination of those three.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford thinks we'll trade Foster and/or Murphy by the deadline

God I hope he's right.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Big thing is Foster has to play and be all the way healthy and show it for awhile, I'd guess.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

All I am saying is if Bird and Company fail to trade either Foster or Murphy then

either Bird is asking too much and he has completely failed this franchise

or he truly believes that he can get more for them next year

as long as the reason is NOT that he thinks they can make a playoff run again
    Sittin on top of the world!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Big thing is Foster has to play and be all the way healthy and show it for awhile, I'd guess.
    That's what's odd here.....I'd assume that if Foster's health was a concern....that he'd be playing...or at least there'd be some info that he's participating in full practice. You have to wonder what is going on with his injury. I know that he has had recurring Back issues.....and that he's usually back in the lineup and simply playing through any pain. The fact that he hasn't returned yet is kind of troublesome if not puzzling given the apparent interest in him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

A team might take a chance on trading for Foster even if he isn't playing. The team's doctors always examines a player before a trade is official. Sure it is less likely, but I could see a team doing it - if the doctors says he can play. Plus teams know the back is always going to be a problem

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30439

Josh (Ohio)
    Chad, is it going to be another one of those anti-climatic trade deadlines?

Chad Ford (1:03 PM)
    Don't think so. GMs reporting A LOT of trade talk, activity. Too many teams are motivated to make a deal. I'm not sure we'll have 10 blockbuster trades ... but I bet we have 10 trades.

Kevin (Omaha)

Thoughts on the Nets moving Devin Harris, and if so, what will it take to get him?

Chad Ford (1:25 PM)

As I've been writing for the past 2 weeks, he's available. The question is ... for what? The Nets are going to want something serious back in return. One idea I've heard floating around is Caron Butler for Harris.

Man, any chance we could make a play at Devin Harris?

Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 01-19-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    That's what's odd here.....I'd assume that if Foster's health was a concern....that he'd be playing...or at least there'd be some info that he's participating in full practice. You have to wonder what is going on with his injury. I know that he has had recurring Back issues.....and that he's usually back in the lineup and simply playing through any pain. The fact that he hasn't returned yet is kind of troublesome if not puzzling given the apparent interest in him.
    i think foster not playing is because he's had health problems, he's probably already traded(pacers are working out the details of the trade), and isn't gonna be with the franchise. so the trading partner is saying "ok he's ours now and we don't want him hurt, we want him for the playoffs mostly, he's not part of your team future anyways. p.s. if you hurt him trade is off."

Lets just hope Bird gets a deal done soon. I'm tired of playing the waiting game...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I haven't changed my position that we should kepp Murphy, but with Tyler's continued inner ear problems I don't think we can trade Murphy. If we trade Foster we need to get a young big.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30439

Man, any chance we could make a play at Devin Harris?

sure, if we want to give up a first rounder, and get a souped up version of TJ ford

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:

I mean it would be a dream come true for me if both these players were traded, but again I am starting to have real doubts about the people above O'Brien now.

My gut feeling is that they will do nothing until it gets closer to the trade deadline because right now they honestly think that they have turned a corner on health and are in a playoff hunt.

Murphy is one of the cornerstones for O'Brien's system so my guess is that as long as they think they have an outside chance of making it that they will not make any moves.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I've learned over the years, to never expect, wait on or anticipate a trade. The odds are a trade isn't going to happen, so why get all worked up over an unlikely event. No sense in even thinking about "playing a waiting game" because you'll likely be waiting a loooong time

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I mean it would be a dream come true for me if both these players were traded, but again I am starting to have real doubts about the people above O'Brien now.

My gut feeling is that they will do nothing until it gets closer to the trade deadline because right now they honestly think that they have turned a corner on health and are in a playoff hunt.

Murphy is one of the cornerstones for O'Brien's system so my guess is that as long as they think they have an outside chance of making it that they will not make any moves.
    I like the "jedi mind trick" approach you're trying to employ, but every indication is that one (or more) players are going to move by the deadline... they've said as much publicly.

I haven't decided on whether it makes more sense to hold onto Murphy though, knowing that his value will likely continue to increase as his contract draws to a close. I can't stand to see him on the floor most times with this team, but he clearly is perceived differently outside Indy.

Lightbulb Re: Chad Ford thinks we'll trade Foster and/or Murphy by the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    sure, if we want to give up a first rounder, and get a souped up version of TJ ford
    Not following

I take it your not a fan of Devin Harris?

Then I think they should be drug tested immediately

For the love of God, for 3 seasons now it's been wait till we get healthy. To think this team has a shoty of going anwyhere but the lottery , as currently constructed, is highly deliousional

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Not following

I take it your not a fan of Devin Harris?
    I'm not. He seems to much like a shoot first point guard.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I'm not. He seems to much like a shoot first point guard.
    wow,

not really sure about that. I mean he was playing at a really high level before he got injured, and he is only 24 I believe

If the Nets get the number one pick, then it should facilitate a trade

Pray tell who would you pass to on the Nets?
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSparko For This Useful Post:

I think I would give my left nut to have harris on this team. Him and granger would make a very good tandem.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Folks the Nets only want a All Star Caliber player to even part w/ Harris... they say it'll hurt their chances of signing an elite Free Agent otherwise... so unless you're willing to trade Granger, Harris is highly unlikely here...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

31. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    Pray tell who would you pass to on the Nets?
    Send Troy Murphy back home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    I think I would give my left nut to have harris on this team. Him and granger would make a very good tandem.
    If Foster or Murphy can turn into Devin Harris I would be intoxicated enough to do alot of things, however never that. I was wondering, however, if one was required to remove a nut how does one decide which is the better nut. It would seem many are more apt to remove the left than the right and I am curious if there is science to back this up.
    Someone has very little on his plate today, obviously

Mood

Since when do teams that have pieces that other teams want move them way before the deadline... you have more bargaining leverage using the other teams against each other the closer you get to the deadline...

I know you have mistrust for our management, and everyday that passes you doubt they'll do anything... but be patient... b/c guess what, every GM worth their salt is patient and gets the best deal for their team. That's why you see most deals done closer to the deadline than weeks before.

It's hard being a fan and not able to control the strings of something you have allot of passion about, but sometimes we here need to step back and take a deep breath, to clear out some of the cynicism... (Not aimed directly at you)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Do you think the Pacers are purposely holding him out to ensure he'll be 100% healthy when traded?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: