View Poll Results: Would you like to have AK47 as a pacer?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 62.50%
  • no

9 37.50%

Thread: Andrei Kirilenko anybody?

Banned

Default Andrei Kirilenko anybody?

I was just thinking that if JOB is going to be the coach for the rest of the year and maybe next year() why no make a trade that could bring one of the best one on one defenders in the league and also play PF, he can also strech the floor, a thing that JOB likes a lot. I just want to know what do you guys think about bringing a guy like him? the rumor is that Utah is shopping him around. I was thinking that if the pacers send Murphy to the Cavs for Ilgauskas the pacers could send him and TJ for AK47, ideas?

Default Re: Andrei Kirilenko anybody?

Yeah I commented on this in the trades section, and I love this idea. his deal runs out at the same time as murph and TJs and I think his biggest prob in Utah has been moving over to SF from PF. This guy was dominating at PF a few years ago, especially on the defensive end......if the deal were done right it could save the Jazz like 12+ million next season......might be able to squeeze there 1st rounder out of them for that kind of savings. Even if not, I still like the trade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I commented on this in the trades section, and I love this idea. his deal runs out at the same time as murph and TJs and I think his biggest prob in Utah has been moving over to SF from PF. This guy was dominating at PF a few years ago, especially on the defensive end......if the deal were done right it could save the Jazz like 12+ million next season......might be able to squeeze there 1st rounder out of them for that kind of savings. Even if not, I still like the trade.
    I am sure that Utah would do it because they want to save money to resign Boozer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love him as a pacer as long as he gets to play his game..........

I would love to have a PF who's strong suit is defense. If AK47 can play solid low post D next to Hibbert I would take him in a second.

My thing is If you have 2 wings that put up a lot of 3's and you got Hibbert that can score on about anyone down low the best thing you could have would be a solid DEFENSIVE power foward.

Our PG situation has become very solid. I like our rotation at the wings. We have a nice young Center in Hibbert. We have a solid bench. ALL we need is a defensive minded PF.

Troy is a nice player but on this team he is not what we need. No team needs 3-3 pt shooters on the floor most of the time.

If we could balance this team bring in a solid PF to play D and play down low with Hibbert on the Offensive side of the ball I think we could be very well be a solid play off team. Our Offensive rebounding would shoot up. That in and of itself it a strong weakness of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I was just thinking that if JOB is going to be the coach for the rest of the year and maybe next year() why no make a trade that could bring one of the best one on one defenders in the league and also play PF, he can also strech the floor, a thing that JOB likes a lot. I just want to know what do you guys think about bringing a guy like him? the rumor is that Utah is shopping him around. I was thinking that if the pacers send Murphy to the Cavs for Ilgauskas the pacers could send him and TJ for AK47, ideas?
    There's a waiting period after you trade for a player before you can package him in a trade. We likely couldn't trade Z and TJ together. And while I like AK47, considering the the precarious financial situation the Pacers are faced with, I think we like the money more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    There's a waiting period after you trade for a player before you can package him in a trade. We likely couldn't trade Z and TJ together. And while I like AK47, considering the the precarious financial situation the Pacers are faced with, I think we like the money more.

you can do it if you have a three team trade and also the money that is coming in is less than the money that is going out, saving the pacers some money.(the contracts expire the same year too)

Ford & Diener & Foster for AK47 works

Diener-Fillier & expiring contract

Ford - Back up PG for williams and can score off the bench

Foster - Back up PF plus if they wanted to move him he seems to be a hot comodity on the trading block

This would also still enable us to move murphy of Big Z's expiring contract putting us under the lux. tax for next year
    Last edited by esabyrn333; 01-17-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Ford & Diener & Foster for AK47 works

Diener-Fillier & expiring contract

Ford - Back up PG for williams and can score off the bench

Foster - Back up PF plus if they wanted to move him he seems to be a hot comodity on the trading block

This would also still enable us to move murphy of Big Z's expiring contract putting us under the lux. tax for next year
    Utah needs a bigger contract that is expiring because they want to retaing Boozer.

Utah needs a bigger contract that is expiring because they want to retaing Boozer.
    A simple 3 team trade we get AK47, Cleveland gets Murphy and Jazz gets Big Z & Ford.

If we went this route I would like to see us move Foster for an expiring contract for next year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Aside from the salary relief Kirilenko's 17.8 mil salary next season would give the Pacers , why would you want to pay him that for the 10.7 ppg and 4.7 reb a game he's averaged the last 4 years?

Every since signing his huge deal his play has gone down. He's 29 and appears on the downside of his career. His last good season was 2005-06.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Kirilenko would be an excellent fit at the four in both our offensive and defensive schemes.

He's a fantastic passer and would excel in getting the ball in the high post and having guys cut around him.

He also would be a guy you could look to re-sign for a much more reasonable salary once his deal expired.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

I have been an AK47 fan for awhile. I don't think he is being used correctly in Utah, but it's tough to question a great coach like Jerry Sloan. Ideally, you stick AK47 at power forward and let him roam around on defense blocking shots, playing passing lanes, and things of that ilk. He could be useful here, and I'd have no problem with a Ford+Foster+Diener package for him. Actually, I think Utah would be enticed by that offer. I doubt Bird would make it though.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I have been an AK47 fan for awhile. I don't think he is being used correctly in Utah, but it's tough to question a great coach like Jerry Sloan. Ideally, you stick AK47 at power forward and let him roam around on defense blocking shots, playing passing lanes, and things of that ilk. He could be useful here, and I'd have no problem with a Ford+Foster+Diener package for him. Actually, I think Utah would be enticed by that offer. I doubt Bird would make it though.
    If you could combine that offer with a Murphy for Z+ trade, I'd get a little giddy.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

I am sure that Utah would do it because they want to save money to resign Boozer.
    Not so. They resigned Milsap thinking Boozer would opt out.
    Since then they've been trying to trade Boozer for expirings.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Not so. They resigned Milsap thinking Boozer would opt out.
    Since then they've been trying to trade Boozer for expirings.
    Boozer is an expiring, so why try to move him for different expiring contracts? I think their goal is to get under the luxury tax, and the only way they save money by dealing Boozer is if they take back salaries smaller than Boozer's (up to 20%), or by dealing him for non-guaranteed contracts.

Sports Logo

Pass.....purely for financial reasons. The Pacers needs Big Zs expiring contract far more then they need AK47. As for the Jazz.....they won't save enough $$$ to resign Boozer especially if they take on Ford....which they'd have no need for.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    A simple 3 team trade we get AK47, Cleveland gets Murphy and Jazz gets Big Z & Ford.
    Actually, thats not a bad idea.

Everyone gets something they like. Z would be waived by Utah. Utah then would take about 10 million off their salary next season which would possibly allow them to retain Boozer if they wanted.

Pacers would get a forward that makes more sense next to Hibbert and also cut about 3 million off of payroll next year which they desperately need to do.

Cleveland gets Murphy for nothing more than 3 million it would pay Utah so Utah could buy Z out. Z then returns to Cleveland.

Interesting.

To say that we would be overpaying AK47 for his current stats is obvious....but your missing the point.....he only started struggling when he was moved over to SF....as a PF he dominated defensively......its still a bad contract by todays standards but so is Murph & Ford, and his is still less than theirs combined. I loved the idea of adding Okafor, but this is a much lower risk idea because its not a long term commitment. I still think if it were played right we could prob squeeze a 1st rounder out of Utah in this deal......our top 10 pick along with there mid pick could def allow us to move up and nab someone like Turner....not Wall, but turner would be a nice consolation prize.

Banned

why this thread was moved here? I know we are talking about trades and stuff but I don't think this should be here.