Thread: Murphy and Ford to Utah for AK47

Banned

Default Murphy and Ford to Utah for AK47

Indiana Pacers get
    A. Kirilenko$16,452,000$16.4M 16.7 2 Years

The Pacers get one of the best one on one defenders in the NBA and get a similar salary to the one of TJ and Murphy combinaded, the Pacers would receive a player who does anything to make his team win. The Roster would look like this: Watson, Rush, Danny, AK47 and Roy

Troy Murphy$11,047,619 $11,500,000
    2 Years

T.J. Ford$8,500,000 $8.5M(player option)

Utah would get a back up pg for Williams and really good player in Murphy.

Mood

Default Re: Murphy and Ford to Utah for AK47

I'd be ok with this trade, I do wonder how AK47 would do in our system. He would be a very nice compliment to Hibbert.

Banned

Smile Re: Murphy and Ford to Utah for AK47

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be ok with this trade, I do wonder how AK47 would do in our system. He would be a very nice compliment to Hibbert.
    I think that if JOB is going to be playing small ball why no do it with a player who can play good D and strech the floor? this guy is under use in utah I think he can still be the AK47 we saw few years ago and he is only 28years old.

Actually I love this deal......I think AK's biggest prob over there has been the move to SF, he thrived as a PF. He isnt the biggest guy but the guy is wirey as hell and is supremely atheltic.....I would love to nab him......not sure Utah would do it though....but who knows....maybe we could work this out in a 3way with someone who values Troy a little more.....the Jazz already have Okur who is a better version of Murphy, minus some of the rebounding. Ak is as you said still young enough to be a part of the longer term plans and his oversized deal ends in the same amount of time as the ones we send away....I like it.

So I was thinking what about a tweak where we involved Cleveland since they want Murph.

Indiana gets:
    1 - AK47
    2 - Jazz 1st rounder

Jazz get:
    1 - Ford
    2 - Big Z (buyout)
    3 - Darnell Jackson (filler)
    4 - jawad Williams (filler expirer)

Cleveland gets:
    1 - Murphy
    2 - Kyle Korver (expirer & 3 point shooter for playoffs)

Could be nice for all invovled. The Jazz save a TON of $ this way as all but Ford expire.

Cavs get what they want as well as bringing in Korver to provide some more 3pt shooting.

We take a gamble on AK-47 (although not much of one as he will at the very least improve our defense) and also get another 1st rounder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    So I was thinking what about a tweak where we involved Cleveland since they want Murph.

Indiana gets:
    1 - AK47
    2 - Jazz 1st rounder

Jazz get:
    1 - Ford
    2 - Big Z (buyout)

Cleveland gets:
    1 - Murphy

Could be nice for all invovled. The Jazz save a TON of $ this way as all but Ford expire.

Cavs get what they want as well as bringing in Korver to provide some more 3pt shooting.

We take a gamble on AK-47 (although not much of one as he will at the very least improve our defense) and also get another 1st rounder.
    I like this.

Actually, you know who Utah could use?

Dunleavy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think AK47 would be a very nice compliment to Hibbert without adding additional $$$ past next season. Not sure they would want Murphy though. They are already crowded with 4's in Boozer and Milsap. Foster on the other hand would fit in nicely there. They could also use a wing as well.

Keep in mind, they will not take on additional salary this year as they are over the tax. If we could put forth a deal where they shed a little $$$ this year while filling in their roster holes, they would jump all over it.

First we should move Murphy for Z or an expiring. If we land AK47, there is no need for him.

Followed by Foster/Ford/Dahntay/Diener & sweetner (2nd rounders) for AK47/Miles

Utah would fill out there roster nicely with a backup PG who can score off the bench, a defensive big, and a defensive wing to pair with Korver & Brewere. They save 1.3 million this year, which is really 2.6 with the tax. They also shed a bit of salary for next year with Dieners expiring.

We get a solid PF to pair with Hibbert without adding additional money past 2011. Miles actually expires in 2011 (team option) where Dahntay does not, so we are actually creating more cap room for next summer. We add 1.3 million this year & next year, but we're still under the tax this year and 2011 (assuming we move Murphy for an expiring).

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Utah needs cap relief badly. The Cleveland deal might make some sense for them. Not sure theyre gonna take TJ, but it would give them immediate relief. Also, I dont see them giving up their draft pick. If they take Ford and Z and Cleveland gives them the money to buy out Z, they save a ton of money as well as get a little more flexibility for next year.

They might.

Though I wonder if they might be able to do better for AK than this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Utah needs cap relief badly. The Cleveland deal might make some sense for them. Not sure theyre gonna take TJ, but it would give them immediate relief. Also, I dont see them giving up their draft pick. If they take Ford and Z and Cleveland gives them the money to buy out Z, they save a ton of money as well as get a little more flexibility for next year.

They might.

Though I wonder if they might be able to do better for AK than this.
    I think they would do it, because the rumor is that utah is trying to save enough money to resing Boozer, that is the reason why they want to trade AK47

I wouldnt do this. I'd keep Murphy over AK47, let alone throw in Ford
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This trade would have to be Murphy and Ford for Kirilenko and Korver. That way the Jazz are decreasing their cap number this year, while we stay under. We get the relief on next year's cap number by over $3M. That is beneficial for both teams. Ford is a solid backup for that team and add another big man to play in that front court of Okur and Boozer. That would help them against the Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This trade would have to be Murphy and Ford for Kirilenko and Korver. That way the Jazz are decreasing their cap number this year, while we stay under. We get the relief on next year's cap number by over $3M. That is beneficial for both teams. Ford is a solid backup for that team and add another big man to play in that front court of Okur and Boozer. That would help them against the Lakers.
    I think the only way for this to happen is if the pacers make a 3rd team trade, were they send Murphy to the Cavs, the Cavs send big Z to Utah and the pacers send either TJ or Foster to Utah, the pacers are maybe lucky enough to get some draft pick or young players. according to the trade machine this trade could work http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

here is another one http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

great, more white players.

but in all seriousness I think this is a fairly lopsided trade in our favor, and highly doubt utah would do it. also they are never giving up their 1st rounder in this situation

hello
    welcome 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post

Indiana gets:
    1 - AK47
    2 - Jazz 1st rounder

Jazz get:
    1 - Ford
    2 - Big Z (buyout)

Cleveland gets:
    1 - Murphy

I would do this and I don't think it is horribly lopsided either. The fact is, this team is pretty horrible and they need youth. First round draft picks would be great to stockpile.