Thread: Asset Allocation

Default Asset Allocation

I hate to go simple but the TJ thing is bugging me. Can someone please explain why TJ is completely absent? Is this tin man redux? Like most, I would rather see Watson and Price (so long as AJ is passing more than he is shooting) but why would you totally bench a capable ball handler?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Asset Allocation

TJ is in the coach's "not doghouse".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Banned

they are waiting for him to be traded

Neither of those seem to bode well for trade unless a deal is already in the works though. I was thinking trade as well. Though, not showcasing his obvious skills (while perhaps not what this team needs) or showing that there are issues between him and the coach don't seem like selling points.

Add: Hibbert was solid, Rush made me root for him, and MCR received no minutes.
    Last edited by mcampbellarch; 01-17-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to go simple but the TJ thing is bugging me. Can someone please explain why TJ is completely absent? Is this tin man redux? Like most, I would rather see Watson and Price (so long as AJ is passing more than he is shooting) but why would you totally bench a capable ball handler?
    It isn't that difficult to figure out. You can only play two point guards in the course of a game. So you have to decide which two. It is not fair to any of the three to mix and match and play one guy games 4 minutes as you try to give all three time. O'Brien has wanted to give Price a real look as he has looked good in practice. So how do you do that, and a "real look" is minutes every game consistantly. Do you bench Watson or Ford? those are your only two choices.

O'Brien believes that Watson is a great leader, Watson is a better defender than Ford, he also runs the offense as Jim likes - he passes the ball, moves without the ball. So Jim decided he didn't want to bench Watson, so the only other choice was to bench Ford and that is what he did and I think it has worked out very, very well

One of the better decisions JOB has made. I think it maks perfect sense and no I don't think there is some hidden mystery or some underhanded meaning or reason for the change

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Exactly. JOB only likes to play two point guards. I think it's pretty clear which two point guards the team plays better with.

As for trades. Ford's trade value continued to go down every game this season.

The only thing different between how JOB treated Price and how he's treating Ford, is that Price would get in the game during blow outs. But JOB has said he thinks it's insulting to do that to a veteran.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Eh, Ford's contract expires next year anyways. It's not like we were trading him before next year, if at all, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Eh, Ford's contract expires next year anyways. It's not like we were trading him before next year, if at all, anyways.
    I agree. It will be next to impossible to move Ford before next season. I think everyone should get over the notion of that happening.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I cant see him turning down his player option though. He'll be on the books for about 8.5 mil next season IIRC

Edit: Unless you meant after next year...