Thread: free agent point guards?

Default free agent point guards?

Given the new Shaq/Wade tandem, and the fact that we had so much trouble with Wade in the playoffs (and with quick point guards like him during the season), which of the remaining free agent point guards would help us the best in slowing down a quick PG like Wade?

Is there a FA point guard who, along with Tinsley, would do a better job defensively than Anthony Johnson?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: free agent point guards?

Jamison Brewer

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

I was just gonna say, why the &^%$ look on the FA list, check the summer camp roster

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Jamison Brewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddies
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamison Brewer.
    I would pay large to see Brewer and Freddie take turns guarding Wade in a 7 game series.
    That would be worth the cost.

Rashad Wright maybe. It will be interesting to see whether Brewer or Wright makes the roster.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rashad Wright maybe. It will be interesting to see whether Brewer or Wright makes the roster.
    In my dreams they are both so impressive they dump AJ and Brewer is 2 and Wright is 3.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was gonna say, "who cares who the FA PGs are"? That's slim-pickings. Its the same crowd every year, and if any of them were really worth keeping, somebody would have locked them up by now.

Rashad Wright is gonna be a keeper. I'm not saying he'll get heavy minutes, and PG is a tough position for a rookie, but I'm excited about him.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Everybody keeps talking about Brewer. I'm not convinced by him really. I know he saw a couple of good minutes last year, but I don't think that qualifies him as a steady back-up.

He is quick, and can keep up with anybody, but I don't think he's the guy whose hands we want the ball in to set up the offense. The most I saw of him last year was in that first Sacramento game, the one where Ron got ejected. Brewer was in at the end of the game, we had the last shot, and he looked petrified. Does anybody remember that? The last second play where he froze?

It just seems like he's not confident enough yet. I guess only PT will give him that, but think about it: Last year Tinsley sometimes had the tendency to A.) get into foul trouble (a lot for a point guard), B.) get pulled from the floor after a few questionable plays, or C.) repeatedly get beat on defense to warrant Carlisle to put in AJ.

I'm not trying to bash Tinsley here by any means, I'm really a big fan of his and want him as our PG from here on out. But last year, he wasn't in at the the end of a lot of games for various reasons. Do you all really trust Brewer enough to be the guy that has to replace him in the final minutes of tight games? I don't, I don't care what Ron says. I think AJ is a great back up. I know he's slow, but he's a pretty good defender, and isn't as easily shaken.

I like Brewer, but it was hard enough watching Tinsley thrown straight into the fire as a rookie

Please tell me which games Tins did not close out, I seem to have forgotten them, but then again I'm getting old.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!