Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford's Trade Buzz 1/14

Default Chad Ford's Trade Buzz 1/14

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...radeWatch-0910

He ranked players from Most likely to least likely...the ones pertinent to the Pacers:

2. Troy Murphy, F, Pacers
    The Pacers look as though they're moving toward a youth movement as they continue to build around Danny Granger. With a number of contending teams interested in Murphy, the Pacers seem to be in the right place to make a deal. While Murphy may be overpaid, there are few bigs in the league that can rebound and spread the floor the way he can. With just one more year left on his contract, Murphy could be the missing piece for a team trying to compete for a title.

The Cavs seem to have the most interest, though several other teams have also told me they'll make a run at him. At the very least, the Pacers should be able to deal Murphy for expiring contracts and one asset (either a draft pick or a young prospect).

6. Jeff Foster, C, Pacers
    The Pacers appear to be committed to developing Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansbrough, leaving little room for Foster -- a mobile, high-energy big man who can defend 4s and 5s.

If you are a Western Conference team trying to stop Pau Gasol, Foster would be a great get. The Nuggets have shown considerable interest in Foster, but they aren't alone. The Blazers, Jazz, Spurs and Suns would all like to get him, too.
    No mention of Ford.

FYI, here's a list of expiring contracts (partial, I assume)

Expiring contracts

Ilgauskas
    Ilgauskas

1. Zydrunas Ilgauskas, C, Cavs
    Cleveland may be the most motivated team in the league to do a deal. Another playoff failure could devastate the Cavs' chances of keeping LeBron this summer. Ilgauskas is their biggest chip. He can wipe nearly $12 million from someone else's books. Also, the team that trades for him would most likely waive him, allowing Big Z to rejoin the Cavs.

2. Tracy McGrady, G, Rockets
    McGrady may no longer be a superstar, but his contract is. A team trading for T-Mac can wipe $22 million off its books next year.

The key for the Rockets is to get back players worth paying and worth giving up this year's potential cap space for. For the most part, talks have been slow. Teams like expiring contracts but tend to shy away from giving All-Stars or top young prospects in return. Too bad Chris Wallace doesn't need to cut payroll this season.

3. Kenny Thomas, PF, Kings
    The Kings are suddenly better than anyone expected. However, they would still love to cut long-term payroll. They've been using Thomas' $8.8 million expiring contract as bait. In other words, you can have it if you take Andres Nocioni, too.

Dampier
    Dampier

4. Erick Dampier, C, Mavs
    Dampier is another intriguing trade chip. He's having a good season, and the Mavs are right in the Western Conference hunt. So, Dallas could surely use him. However, the fact that his contract isn't guaranteed next season makes him a tremendous asset and gives Dallas one last shot at adding a younger veteran who could put it over the top.

5. Brendan Haywood, C, Wizards
    6. Mike Miller, F, Wizards
    7. Mike James, G, Wizards
    With the Wizards in rebuilding mode, you can be sure that all three contracts are coveted. Together they're worth about $20 million of cap relief. They may have to give away Jamison and Butler, but with these expiring contracts, they could end up with some decent young players or future first-round picks in return.

8. Travis Outlaw, F, Blazers
    9. Steve Blake, G, Blazers
    Together these two players can get roughly $8 million off a team's books. If Kevin Pritchard decides to make a big move, both players could be key assets to making a deal happen.

10. Kwame Brown, C, Pistons
    Brown has been a bust in Detroit, just as he was in Washington and L.A. The Pistons will try to package his expiring $4 million contract with either Tayshaun Prince or Rip Hamilton to continue to remake their roster.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Chad Ford's Trade Buzz 1/14

Conspiracy - I'm not the only one to even note it, but you can wonder if Troy is playing better because he's happier now that he senses he has a future elsewhere, possibly with a much better team.

I don't think it's nuts, nor do I think it's "just gotta be true". Just interesting timing. He even played really nice defense in the 2nd half last night, some of the best I've seen him play.

He might also be thinking that if he wants out (why wouldn't he) that the better he plays the easier the trade becomes.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

I hope we trade both netting us a couple of extra 1sts (even if they're late), or a couple of decent young players immediately. Only difference is I don't give a damn where Murphy goes, but I hope we trade Foster to a team that wins an NBA title.

-- Steve --

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conspiracy - I'm not the only one to even note it, but you can wonder if Troy is playing better because he's happier now that he senses he has a future elsewhere, possibly with a much better team.

I don't think it's nuts, nor do I think it's "just gotta be true". Just interesting timing. He even played really nice defense in the 2nd half last night, some of the best I've seen him play.

He might also be thinking that if he wants out (why wouldn't he) that the better he plays the easier the trade becomes.
    At least in the OKC and Toronto games....I think that was being showcased to show that he's recovered from whatever recent minor injury that he's had.

He does appears to be playing with a renewed sense of purpose lately....especially whenever I see him drive to the hoop. You'd have to wonder if he is trying to drive up his trade value to get off the Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My Ghod you folks are cynical.

I suppose that's why Dun has stepped up his game, because he wants to get out of here, as opposed to playing with no energy and trying to lose so he could get out of here?

Maybe after all the switching around and trying different things there are some groups of players who are starting to gel? Maybe there's some players and a coach doing something different since the old stuff wasn't working?

Naaah, not possible. Gotta hate the coach and the organization. No other solution.

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

I been saying this for a long time, did you see Murphy blocking Bosh during the toronto game? the guy is playing out of his mind, I been reading stuff and one of the rumors is that he does not get along with the coaching staff here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blake and OUtlaw for Foster?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

count55, can you provide the rest of the list of whose likely to go and who isnt?

It's interesting to see what other Teams are doing and how it would affect us moving Murphy....

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Naaah, not possible. Gotta hate the coach and the organization. No other solution.

I'm glad that we're on the same page then

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    I hope we trade both netting us a couple of extra 1sts (even if they're late), or a couple of decent young players immediately. Only difference is I don't give a damn where Murphy goes, but I hope we trade Foster to a team that wins an NBA title.

-- Steve --
    I hope we trade one, not both or better put: I hope we trade as close as to what's necessary to prevent us from going into luxurytax land this summer.

Why not more? Simple: I think these contracts, or most of them atleast, will be worth more at next years trading deadline when they are probably worth more then they are now.

We need to prevent going over the luxurytax AND Bird to get up JOB's *** to stop playing Troy as much as he has and especially not in the fourth quarter. Maybe that's already happenned last night with Troy not playing as much and mainly early in the game and just getting in when Roy fouled out.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    If no Murphy to Cleveland.....then IMHO...it would be Foster+Diener for Blake+Outlaw. We're at 15 Players...we'd have to send out as many players as we take in.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

-- Steve --
    I hope both guys enjoy and have success where ever they go.

Not because I'm a fan of them both, but because they play(ed) for the Pacers.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I hope we trade one, not both or better put: I hope we trade as close as to what's necessary to prevent us from going into luxurytax land this summer.

Why not more? Simple: I think these contracts, or most of them atleast, will be worth more at next years trading deadline when they are probably worth more then they are now.

We need to prevent going over the luxurytax AND Bird to get up JOB's *** to stop playing Troy as much as he has and especially not in the fourth quarter. Maybe that's already happenned last night with Troy not playing as much and mainly early in the game and just getting in when Roy fouled out.

Regards,

Mourning
    Totally agree.......move Foster OR Murphy for an Expiring Contract for 2010-2011 LT reasons ( preferably Murphy cuz wiping his $11.9 mil contract from the 2010-2011 salarycap would make a huge difference for the Pacers ) and ( at the same time ) "addition by subtraction" by removing JO'Bs crutch and making this Team instantly more athletic in the frontcourt.

Before any of you think that this comment is directed at Murphy ( it sort of is ) but it's more directed at JO'Bs preference to pair Murphy up with Hibbert and Dunleavy ( at times ) to give us an incredibly smart but slow/unathletic Frontcourt. Remove Murphy from the PF/C equation and whoever replaces him will be more athletic ( whether it be Granger, Hansbrough, Foster, McRoberts or Solo ) and in the process make the whole Frontcourt more athletic.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-14-2010 at 02:06 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

We can only pray!
    Sittin on top of the world!

Who is Solo? Hibbert I thought it was Hansbrouh than I thought it might be McRoberts now I'm just not to sure please help I have to know

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Who is Solo? Hibbert I thought it was Hansbrouh than I thought it might be McRoberts now I'm just not to sure please help I have to know
    Solomon Jones.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    He's the player that wears #44 that constantly gets pushed around 4-8 ft about every other play...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Could we dream for Outlaw and Fernandez for Foster and Head?

I know unlikely but hey could be our starting high point in negotiations to see how desperate they are for a big... anyway they like Blake the most out of their PGs, so I don't know if they'd want to trade him... especially if they are going to try to trade Miller somewhere.

Rest of Chad Ford's article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...radeWatch-0910

1. Antawn Jamison, F, Wizards
    Jamison is at the top of this list for three reasons. First, the Wizards are a mess and seem to be moving rapidly toward a fire sale. Second, Jamison is in the latter stages of his career. Neither he nor the Wizards want him stuck on a terrible team. Third, a number of contenders want him, namely the Cavs. That's the perfect recipe for a big deadline trade.

2. Troy Murphy, F, Pacers
    The Pacers look as though they're moving toward a youth movement as they continue to build around Danny Granger. With a number of contending teams interested in Murphy, the Pacers seem to be in the right place to make a deal. While Murphy may be overpaid, there are few bigs in the league who can rebound and spread the floor the way he can. With just one more year left on his contract, Murphy could be the missing piece for a team trying to compete for a title.

The Cavs seem to have the most interest, though several other teams have also told me they'll make a run at him. At the very least, the Pacers should be able to deal Murphy for expiring contracts and one asset (either a draft pick or a young prospect).

3. Tayshaun Prince, F, Pistons
    Joe Dumars didn't expect the Pistons to be championship contenders this season. But he also didn't anticipate the team losing 13 games in a row. The fact that the Pistons drafted three small forwards in last year's draft and that two of them -- Jonas Jerebko and Austin Daye -- look very promising is all you need to know. The word on the street is that the Pistons are in very active trade discussions on Prince.

While the team would prefer to move Richard Hamilton, I don't think it's going to be able to find a home for him given his enormous contract. If the Pistons can swap Prince for some help in the paint, they've got to do it. The combination of Charlie Villanueva, Jason Maxiell, Ben Wallace and Kwame Brown just isn't getting it done.

4. Caron Butler, G/F, Wizards
    If Jamison goes, Butler probably won't be far behind. He actually has a little more desirability than Jamison because his contract is shorter (just one year remaining) and he's younger. However, it's not clear that the Wizards are willing to just give away Butler, who is a good player in his prime. The Wizards have to build around someone, don't they?

5. Andre Miller, PG, Blazers
    Miller may be a wily veteran, but he's struggled to adapt to Portland's culture and, more specifically, head coach Nate McMillan. Miller's addition was never seen as a slam dunk, but more of a desperation ploy by the Blazers, who felt compelled to use their cap space this past summer after being spurned by Hedo Turkoglu.

While the team's original stance was that it wanted to hold on to Miller, his recent run-in with McMillan has cleared the way for a possible trade. If the Blazers want expiring contracts in return, they can probably move him. If they demand a young player or a future first-round draft pick, probably not.

6. Jeff Foster, C, Pacers
    The Pacers appear to be committed to developing Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansbrough, leaving little room for Foster -- a mobile, high-energy big man who can defend 4s and 5s.

If you are a Western Conference team trying to stop Pau Gasol, Foster would be a great get. The Nuggets have shown considerable interest in Foster, but they aren't alone. The Blazers, Jazz, Spurs and Suns would all like to get him, too.

7. Kirk Hinrich, G, Bulls
    The Bulls need to move Hinrich for an expiring contract in order to have a realistic shot at making a pitch to both LeBron James and Chris Bosh this summer. Can you imagine a team with LeBron, Bosh, Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah? John Paxson can. If Bosh isn't traded before the deadline, you have to believe the Bulls have a good chance to get both.

However, trading Hinrich won't be easy. His productivity has really fallen the past two years, and he still has two years and $17 million left on his contract. Bill Simmons swears the Celtics will be interested. But that's a lot of money for a backup point guard.

8. Tyrus Thomas, F, Bulls
    Thomas has a lot of talent but has been unable to put it all together. At times, he has been more of a distraction than an asset in Chicago. The challenge in trading Thomas is twofold. One, the Bulls don't want to wreck their cap space this summer, meaning what they'll likely want in return is an expiring contract and a draft pick. Two, whoever trades for him has to decide quickly whether he's worth keeping, given that he's heading toward restricted free agency this summer.

Those two factors complicate things pretty dramatically. But given that there's interest from both the Bulls and Thomas' camp in moving on, don't be surprised if a deal happens.

9. Marcus Camby, C, Clippers
    Camby may be one of the hottest commodities on the list. Not only is he still a legitimate defensive force in the paint, but he also has an expiring contract. You get a player for the rest of the season and cap relief at the end. The biggest question isn't whether the Clippers could move Camby, it's whether the Clippers will move him. And as Marc Stein wrote this week, Blake Griffin's absence complicates the Clippers' calculations.

The team is positioned to have significant cap room this summer if it keeps Camby and lets his contract expire. Whatever offer they get for him will have to match or exceed what they believe they could get on the open market next season.

10. Carlos Boozer, F/C, Jazz
    Boozer is in the same camp as Camby. He's a very productive big man in the last year of his deal. However, Boozer is infinitely harder to move than Camby. Why? Because the Jazz want something significant in return and because Boozer will want a huge contract as a free agent this summer.

A team trading for him is making a huge commitment. Not only is it giving away a prized asset (probably some combination of a young player or draft pick plus cap relief), but it is also committing to being held over the coals by Boozer and his agent, Rob Pelinka, this summer. That's why it's harder than you might think to move Boozer.

11. Jose Calderon, PG, Raptors
    Calderon was considered a gem just a year ago, but he struggled out of the gate this season, and the Raptors have played much better without him. Now that he's back from injury, you can expect the Raptors to shop him around. They could really use some help at the 2-guard position. DeMar DeRozan is a nice prospect, but he's not ready yet.

There have been rumblings of a Calderon-Kevin Martin swap. The move would give the Raptors a lot of offensive firepower, but it would also cement their status as one of the worst defensive teams ever.

12. Al Jefferson, PF, Timberwolves
    David Kahn has been pretty adamant that he's not shopping Jefferson, saying he wants to use the entire season to evaluate his players. But a number of GMs around the league are equally adamant that Jefferson's name has been brought up in discussions. Kahn doesn't sound like a guy who's convinced Kevin Love and Jefferson can play together in the frontcourt.

Kahn knows he wouldn't get a talent like Danny Granger in return, but if he could get an athletic center or a big-time shooter for Jefferson, he might decide to make a move.

13. Devin Harris, PG, Nets
    Last year we were plugging Harris as an All-Star. This year? I have sources who say the Nets are no longer sold on Harris as a core piece on the team. If they can package him with an expiring contract or two and get a young All-Star in return, they might do it. If they knew they were getting John Wall, they'd surely do it.

But even if they have to settle for something else, it sounds as though Harris' lackluster performance this season has soured folks on him. There will be a lot of interest in Harris, but I'm not sure anyone will be willing to give up an All-Star for him.

14. Chris Bosh, PF, Raptors
    Much to the chagrin of Raptors fans, I've been writing that Toronto needs to trade Bosh now while it can still get value for him. The closer we get to the trade deadline, the more real that possibility sounds.

Over the weekend, reports by ESPN's Marc Stein and the New York Post fingered the Rockets and Lakers as teams with heavy interest in Bosh. While neither team has made an official offer for Bosh, I expect both will by the deadline.

I'm not sure the Rockets can put together a compelling package, but the Lakers can. If L.A. offered Andrew Bynum, Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo would have to say yes, wouldn't he? Bynum is a legit center who is still only 22 years old. And most important, he is already locked into a long-term deal. If the Lakers are willing to offer Bynum (a big if), the Raptors won't get a better offer.

15. Amare Stoudemire, PF, Suns
    Amare would have been at the top of this list in August. However, the Suns are back to playing Mike D'Antoni basketball, and the team is winning and having fun again. While I wouldn't call the Suns contenders quite yet, they've been very competitive against the top teams in the West. That should effectively squelch all of the potential Stoudemire trade rumors we expected to hear.

The Suns are clearly trying to go for it all, and I doubt they'll disrupt the flow and swap Stoudemire out before giving him and Steve Nash one more chance to lead Phoenix to the Finals.
    New Zealand's Number 1 Pacer Fan!! Visited Conseco Fieldhouse Feb 10 2006

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NZPacer For This Useful Post:

Id love to see us make a run at Tyrus Thomas

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Id love to see us make a run at Tyrus Thomas
    We don't have the expiring contracts that they want unless we turn Z around from a Murph trade...

I would love to trade Murphy but I just have my doubts.

Rumors are just that...rumors. This article is really just speculation/opinion. The Cavs are mentioned as the team with the most interest, which makes sense, but who are the other teams intersted in Murphy and what are they willing to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    We don't have the expiring contracts that they want unless we turn Z around from a Murph trade...
    I feel ya,

Its my "wish list"

but maybe if we took heinrich as well and they took Ford and fillers

I know pipe dream

33. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

-- Steve --
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for and hope the Pacers are trying to do.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by NZPacer View Post

Any guesses who are the several other teams are?

I'd think he'd fit with the Suns (although not sure how a trade would work w/o another team, unless this- http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yl9lqhn was done (and that took some finagling)... nothing much else worked unless you use one of the suns big contracts which, well you doubt they'd do for Murph)...

Trying to think of some of the others...
    Last edited by tadscout; 01-14-2010 at 06:33 PM.