Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Papa Murphy Pizza?

Default What do you guys think of Papa Murphy Pizza?

They recently opened a new Papa Murphy restaurant at Nora Plaza and their grand opening is this weekend and sent some coupons in the mail. I figured getting a large 1 topping pizza for 5.99 is actually pretty good but I never tried their pizza.

Any thoughts?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What do you guys think of Papa Murphy Pizza?

I've tried them a few times and it's been hit and miss. Once I swore I could have just had a Tombstone. Another time I got a buffalo chicken pizza and it was awesome. That coupon is worth at least a tryout though.

Nerd.
    Mood

I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've tried them a few times and it's been hit and miss. Once I swore I could have just had a Tombstone. Another time I got a buffalo chicken pizza and it was awesome. That coupon is worth at least a tryout though.

So its frozen pizza basically? Yeah you could've had a Tombstone. The newsletter has the menu to go with the coupons so I can figure out what would interest me.

I enjoy it. I think the taste is good
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I think it's overpriced for take and bake, as it's priced like you're getting a Bazbeaux or NBO quality pizza (without coupons), but the end result is equivalent to, say, Papa John's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I think it's overpriced for take and bake, as it's priced like you're getting a Bazbeaux or NBO quality pizza (without coupons), but the end result is equivalent to, say, Papa John's.
    I find it much better than Papa John's.

I had it for the first time over winter break. Out in Cali there is no good pizza places like I am used to. In my hometown there are more pizza places than gas stations, schools, fire stations, police stations, grocery stores and donut shops combined. Aren't many small mom and pop type places where my family lives in Cali at least and most places are rather expensive.

Papa Murphy's is way better than frozen pizza and the price there is very fair compared to the competition. A family size pizza for $10 is a damn good price and it was pretty tasty too.

Dominos has an all-new recipe for their 50th anniversary. I got two coupons for a $3.99 1-topping large... it was great. Much better than their old recipe.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They have a Hungry Howies here (It may just be a southern thing).

Man, I have really enjoy their pizza.

I also tried little cesars for the first time, but their pizza kind of tasted like air.

I don't like it at all. There is a reason why pizza places use very expensive ovens that get really hot to bake pizzas - because it makes them taste a lot better, where as your typical home oven just doesn't cook pizza as well. I'll never Papa Murphy's again

They have Hungry Howie's here. Flavored crusts make them a little different, I do like their thin crusts pretty well
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-12-2010 at 10:23 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't like it at all. Therei a reason why pizza placs use very expensive ovens that get really hpt to bake pizzas - because it maks them taste a lot better, where as your typical home oven just doesn't cook pizza as well. I'll never Papa Murphy's again

They hav Hungry Howie's here. Flavored crusts make them a little different, I do like their thin crusts pretty well
    Yeah, that is why my girlfriend really liked H.H.

Mood

I like them. I don't find them too expensive compared to Pizza Hut or Papa John's.

Mood

It is very hard to reproduce the quality of a pizza that you would get from a pizza hut, papa john's, or donatos just because of the equipment they use. We have tried them a few times but it always makes my stomach turn after eating it. Now we pretty much use pizza hut because we can get the employee discount with my sister working there. Now if we're at Riley Hospital we usually order Papa John's or Donatos just because of the location.

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

papa murphys is a nice change from time to time, i like it because i can bake it how i want it....i like mine a little chewy and not over done but i like my thin crust real crisp!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

sounds like you need to try papa kauffy's pizza
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I prefer Papa Smurfs...

Some of you guys need to get off the pizza chains. I have pizza once a week and it has been probably 3 years since I've had Pizza Hut, about 5 years since I've had Papa Johns, maybe 10 years for Dominos, and it has been about 3 years since I bought Donatos for myself. There are so many other much better pizza places out there. Unless you have several kids to feed, why not pay a dollar or two more and buy something that is IMO much better

Mood

Some of you guys need to get off the pizza chains. I have pizza once a week and it has been probably 3 years since I've had Pizza Hut, about 5 years since I've had Papa Johns, maybe 10 years for Dominos, and it has been about 3 years since I bought Donatos for myself. There are so many other much better pizza places out there. Unless you have several kids to feed, why not pay a dollar or two more and buy something that is IMO much better
    I think this should apply to people who only live within major metropolitan areas.

I do not have any mom and pop pizza chains around me with the exception of Pizza Express and a place called Pizza Court. (Which I actually think closed, or something.)

Pizza Express is too expensive unless you get a Big Ten deal, but that doesn't feed many people. Pizza Court is/was just plain ****.

Heck, we even had a "Pizza King" in Bedford a few years back, now it's just an empty building.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I think this should apply to people who only live within major metropolitan areas.

I do not have any mom and pop pizza chains around me with the exception of Pizza Express and a place called Pizza Court. (Which I actually think closed, or something.)

Pizza Express is too expensive unless you get a Big Ten deal, but that doesn't feed many people. Pizza Court is/was just plain ****.

Heck, we even had a "Pizza King" in Bedford a few years back, now it's just an empty building.
    I guess I am spoiled. There are so many places here in Carmel and around the northside of Indy. There are several I have not even tried yet.

...Just won't give Grecco's the time of day will ya?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Pizza King in Bedford was a victim of bad location and lack of advertising to make up for the bad location.

Dukie,
    Have you tried Papa's Pizza place (right beside Papa's and Pizza Express? ...Used to be the Spaghetti Grill or whatever they called it). I've not tried it... just curious about it..
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    ...Just won't give Grecco's the time of day will ya?
    Grecco's makes me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Pizza King in Bedford was a victim of bad location and lack of advertising to make up for the bad location.

Dukie,
    Have you tried Papa's Pizza place (right beside Papa's and Pizza Express? ...Used to be the Spaghetti Grill or whatever they called it). I've not tried it... just curious about it..
    You are right about PK. They probably have the best pizza.

I will not eat from Papa's. It is Monroe County Pizza's recipe (which is good pizza). Papa's was upset of all the traffic that Pizza Express got and actually tried to have them removed because it was "killing their business", then called Monroe Co. Pizza and had them work out a deal to sell their pizza in Bedford.

It's a joke, I don't like Papa's anyway. They are slow, and the quality of food sucks.

Mood

I guess I am spoiled. There are so many places here in Carmel and around the northside of Indy. There are several I have not even tried yet.
    And I don't blame you. I hate Papa John's. I really do. My parents order it all the time, and Carla goes nuts over it. I honestly don't see how anyone likes that.

If I have to eat Papa John's I have a code that gets me any size any toppings for $9.99.

And I don't blame you. I hate Papa John's. I really do. My parents order it all the time, and Carla goes nuts over it. I honestly don't see how anyone likes that.

If I have to eat Papa John's I have a code that gets me any size any toppings for $9.99.
    The only kind of Papa Johns pizza I can eat is their thin crust BBQ chicken (not sure they even still have it. Something about the flavor of their regular crust pizza makes me ill

Mood

If I'm forced into a "chain" type of pizza I always go with Donatos. For a time we lived in Broad Ripple and got Pizza Magia all the time, but they changed their name and then closed. The local fave here is Bazbeaux but I really do prefer Some Guy's. Everyone brags about NBO, and to be fair their pies are HUGE, but to me it's always been bland. With a pie that big you'd think they'd put some flavor in it. Another one I really like is Jockamo's in Irvington. I think the guy that runs Jockamo's started with Bazbeaux and then struck out on his own or something like that.