Thread: Is Devin Harris Available?

Banned

Default Is Devin Harris Available?

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/201...g_devin_h.html

Reconstructing NJ Nets guard Devin Harris
    By Dave D'Alessandro/The Star-Ledger
    January 12, 2010, 4:16PM

Associated PressLike most on the Nets, guard Devin Harris has struggled this season.
    An old and close friend who writes for a major site asked if he could get away with tagging Devin Harris one of the NBA season’s big disappointments.

Sure, we told him. You’re from out of town, and you can easily get away with it, since we’re talking about the leader of what might be the worst team in history, and a national readership doesn't exactly look for nuance.

And rest assured, the Nets are disappointed enough to listen to offers for Harris -- they just don’t expect to get anything done with any of their six core guys before the Feb. 18th deadline. But they’re not exactly considering him (sportswriter cliché alert) an untouchable anymore

Default Re: Is Devin Harris Available?

I'm thinking whatever NJ decides will depend on who wins the John Wall sweepstakes, or whatever PG they get in return. Devin Harris has underachieved this yr, but starting Keyon Dooling isn't a better option.
    basketbawful.com- The best of the worst of professional basketball. And there's a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by himikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking whatever NJ decides will depend on who wins the John Wall sweepstakes, or whatever PG they get in return. Devin Harris has underachieved this yr, but starting Keyon Dooling isn't a better option.
    Agreed. I don't see them moving him without getting something pretty good in return.

So he may be available, but not to us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I read somewhere that they'd only move him for an all star (thus helping their Lebron chances)...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    I read somewhere that they'd only move him for an all star (thus helping their Lebron chances)...
    I think that if the pacers get a top five pick and they get Wall(the nets), there could be a chance that we could get him(Harris) by sending that pick and a young player.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Inefficient scorer, lousy assist-to-turnover ratio, injury prone... it's doubtful I'd be willing to move a top-5 pick for Harris and I hope our management would agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Inefficient scorer, lousy assist-to-turnover ratio, injury prone... it's doubtful I'd be willing to move a top-5 pick for Harris and I hope our management would agree with me.
    I wouldn't give a top 5 pick in this draft for Harris. That's where the cream is this year.

EDIT: Some drafts the cream is only a couple players, this draft is said to be deep. Maybe even deeper than 5 players.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 01-13-2010 at 05:35 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post: