Thread: Targeting Z and... Gerald Henderson

Hybrid View

Default Targeting Z and... Gerald Henderson

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yz85d8h

This whole trade idea is predicated on what Chad Ford says Murph is worth. If he's right, this probably works. If not, it won't.

Indy gives: Troy, Diener
    Indy gets: Z, Henderson

Cleveland gives: Z, Hickson, #29-ish pick
    Cleveland gets: Troy, S.Graham

Charlotte gives: Henderson, Graham
    Charlotte gets: Diener, Hickson, #29-ish pick

Obviously this trade is unbelievably good for us, but it might not be as far-fetched as you'd originally think for the other teams.

Cleveland's the obvious sticking point to me, but Chad Ford is saying they'll have to offer more than Z+Hickson, especially if we're going to send Z back to them. From Charlotte's perspective, this looks pretty good. Get a legit prospect at the 4 and give up the (from Larry's perspective) botched draft pick. They also get an extra (although late) pick from Cleveland.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Targeting Z and... Gerald Henderson

You know what else I like? This makes Brandon (who's a good player and I'd expect well-regarded around the league) somebody that you can consider in trade talks. Not that I'd like to move him, but losing him wouldn't hurt you so much. Of course, maybe he sticks and we have a 3-swing rotation with Danny, Henderson, and Rush. I could live with that too.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

That's a lot for Charlotte to get for Henderson. Change it to Powe -- can't see the Bobkitties complaining and it'd make Cleveland happier (at least, I think). Also, Powe seems more like a Larry Brown player (when healthy, natch).

BOBCATS GET: Diener, Powe, 2010 1st (Cavs)
    CAVALIERS GET: Murphy, Graham
    PACERS GET: Z, Henderson, $3 mil (Cavs)

That's STILL more than Graham/Henderson combo platter probably deserves (since Graham is filler and Henderson hasn't really proven much of anything in the Association), but it appears each team gets what they'd want out of a trade.

Ok, that's a fair changeup. But for THIS team, wouldn't you rather have a solid guard prospect than yet another PF?

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, that's a fair changeup. But for THIS team, wouldn't you rather have a solid guard prospect than yet another PF?
    For the Pacers? Frankly, I think adding either Hickson or Henderson would be swell. I'm willing to take any player GMs consider "talented" or "trade sweetener". If we could use Rush, Henderson, Hickson or Hansbrough to sweeten our craptacular trade offerings, that'd be pretty neat.

I like this quite a bit. It allows Larry another player in Hickson to become enamored with at breakfast and hate by dinner. I think this would work for everyone actually. If there was a defensive type over the hill vet for Larry to get it would be perfect though.

I'd rather have a draft pick than Henderson or Hickson.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ATC and Anthem... you two are top five PD-ers in my book. Big praise.

I love the idea of getting Powe and their first in return. I really like Hickson's upside, but if Hickson is a sticking point because LBJ likes Hickson so much, then I do this deal; Z, Powe, and their First for Murphy. I could care less about cash considerations, since the Cavs will end up paying a little bit more in LT to the league at the end of the year if it matters. Screw it... the Chinese will be contributing to our GNP if they have to pay more LT. Let's do it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    ATC and Anthem... you two are top five PD-ers in my book.
    Wow. Thanks man!

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    ATC and Anthem... you two are top five PD-ers in my book. Big praise.
    I used to respect your judgement, but now I've got some questions...