Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

I think this is very interesting. I love that we declined the deal, especially since they made it sound like it wasn't even close. Its good to know that Bird still wants to build around Granger, obviously showing the T-Mac rumor was a joke - even though we pretty much knew it anway, it still brought up a debate that can now be ended.

Also, I love the fact that the Pacers are making a push for Hickson in a Murphy/Z deal - hopefully Washington tries to keep Jamison, but this whole Arenas debacle probably hurt us in that regard. If the Wizards decide to keep him, the Cavs might panic and give up Hickson.

if that's true, I have no idea why the Pacers didn't jump on that deal. Granger and Jefferson are about on the same talent level, and you almost always take the big man over the wing.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The Cavs likely are willing to part with young forward J.J. Hickson(notes) in a trade for Jamison, but perhaps less apt to do so for Murphy. So far, the Pacers want more than the expiring contract of center Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes) to make a deal for Murphy, and likely would also require Hickson.
    Nooooooooooooooo..............

Drat.

But this slam dunks the Granger-Tmac rumor, dead as Dillinger. Plus Jefferson doubles it because you get rid of one anchor and logjam the other unless they play Jeff at PF.

Now, Kevin Love...I'm listening. Listening, not doing. Just not hanging up instantly.

Wait, are you saying that you'd rather have Love than Jefferson for Granger?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if that's true, I have no idea why the Pacers didn't jump on that deal. Granger and Jefferson are about on the same talent level, and you almost always take the big man over the wing.
    Jefferson is very soft for a PF, think Z-Bo without the red flags and more injuries. As much as he can stuff the stat sheet, he usually doesn't change the game much, where as Granger does - er, used to before be O'Brientized.

Trading for Jefferson would almost certainly mean trading Hibbert. I can't imagine a scenario in which both would start together and we wouldn't get murdered defensively.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I would and I like Big Al a lot.

I'd reject this trade as well, Al Jefferson would be a bad fit with the Pacers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cordobes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Trading for Jefferson would almost certainly mean trading Hibbert. I can't imagine a scenario in which both would start together and we wouldn't get murdered defensively.
    Very few Centers in the NBA would look like good defenders while trying to cover for Murphy and Dunleavy's defensive liabilities. I'm not saying he's a great defender by any means, but he's having to try and cover too many people as Dunleavy couldn't stay in front of David Harrison and Murphy is too busy trying to position himself for a rebound while Hibbert has to move over to his man.

I would be more willing to listen to this if Jefferson wasn't coming off injury. Also, I think Bird sees Hibbert becoming a Jefferson level scorer in the post. Hibbert and Jefferson would not mesh on the same team.

"What's Al Jefferson's career 3pt average?" - Jim O'Brien
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Absolutely, all day, every day. Love does everything that Jefferson does, plus he's younger, has an outside shot, is a better passer, yeah...I don't see why you why you would prefer Jefferson to Love, really.

As for this deal, I'm glad we rejected it. As mentioned above, Jefferson doesn't seem like the best fit, and he hasn't bounced back 100% from that knee injury he suffered last season.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This almost had to come out of the Indy camp. Morway or one of the PR guys at Conseco couldve almost wrote it.

It addresses any minor concerns Danny might have had with hearing his name mentioned in trade talks as well as laying out their position on the Cleveland trade for all to see-give us Hickson.

Now Kahn is going to have some work to do where Jefferson is concerned after that article. Jefferson isnt going to be too pleased reading that.

Lets hope the Murphy thing doesnt go the way of Tinsley last year where we come in second at the very end and end up stuck.

Another Bird blunder! You trade Granger in a heartbeat for Jefferson, and try to get Sessions as well. Geez Bird, use that head for something besides a hat rack. No wonder this team sux so badly, and fans are being turned off by it in droves.

AND yes, I'm a Jefferson fan, and wanted Jefferson when he was in Boston. Jefferson can play C or PF. He's a scorer, a rebounder, and should have made the Allstar team last year. Oops, I forgot he doesn't shoot 3's for Jimmy, and Granger does.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Another Bird blunder! You trade Granger in a heartbeat for Jefferson, and try to get Sessions as well. Geez Bird, use that head for something besides a hat rack. No wonder this team sux so badly, and fans are being turned off by it in droves.

AND yes, I'm a Jefferson fan, and wanted Jefferson when he was in Boston. Jefferson can play C or PF. He's a scorer, a rebounder, and should have made the Allstar team last year. Oops, I forgot he doesn't shoot 3's for Jimmy, and Granger does.
    I couldn't disagree more. Jefferson is Z-Bo v2.0, he has hollow stats. Its funny, on another forum, about 90% of people from other teams even think this is terrible for the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

he hasn't bounced back 100% from that knee injury he suffered last season.

AND Granger has!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post

he has hollow stats.

I'm glad this deal didn't happen, though I like the fact that there's a solid source mentioning the Pacers are talking to teams. The conversations are probably short though if they only involve Granger.

I'm truly interested to see what happens with Murphy. If the Cavs are truly interested in him, I really hope Bird finds a way to make it happen. Now I've heard the Cavs would only trade Z if they are able to resign him this season, meaning the trade partner would have to agree to release/buy out. For this reason I understand wanting to add a piece like Hickson, but if we can get out under Murphy's contract now, by simply doing a Murphy/Z swap.... why hold out and perhaps miss out if Jamison becomes available.

We'll still have expirings of Ford, Dunleavy and Foster to deal with, and it would immediately help our luxury tax situation next year.

I couldn't disagree more. Jefferson is Z-Bo v2.0, he has hollow stats. Its funny, on another forum, about 90% of people from other teams even think this is terrible for the Pacers.
    Why would you say that Jefferson is a Z-Bo V2.0? Because Jefferson's numbers look good but the team doesnt win? Doesnt Granger do that same? His numbers are great, but the team isnt winning
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post

Jefferson isnt going to be too pleased reading that..

If indeed there is a problem between Jefferson and Love, maybe Jefferson is pleased to findout he's up for trade!
    I can't imagine he'd be turning cartwheels to findout he'd had been traded to the Pacers.... another losing team that is just one step up from the T-Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Why would you say that Jefferson is a Z-Bo V2.0? Because Jefferson's numbers look good but the team doesnt win? Doesnt Granger do that same? His numbers are great, but the team isnt winning
    Because he doesn't affect the game, just puts up great stats. He is an awful defender and doesn't make teammates better. I think he would be a great second fiddle, but if we are trading Granger, he becomes our #1 option.

Granger showed last year that he is capable of leading this team to victory - against top teams might I add, O'Brien is just screwing him up by turning him into a jumpshooter only. If Granger continues to be only a jumpshooter, I would say his offensive stats are hollow, but he can still defend - unlike Jefferson.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    AND Granger has!?!?
    Granger's injury just happened, and it's not a knee injury. Plus, all things equal, you are not making your fanbase happy trading the face of the franchise.

Love+Rubio's rights, and we're talking.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

I would feel better with the ball in Granger's hands at crunch time. That's more important than just about anything else unless we are talking a top tier defensive player....and we are not. Keep Granger.

doesn't make teammates better.

AND Granger does? By his stellar "D", his rebounding, his many assists, his great leadership, his super intangibles? Apparently you aren't remembering Granger's play b4 he got injured with his chippy attitude that reminds me of the child who is unhappy and is playing that way to show people their unhappiness. Have you forgotten all the complaints of those 3's he was shooting b4 the injury? I remember posting about his poor shooting of 41 and 35%. I'd say his points are pretty hollow myself.

Mood

Good call, Bird.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post: