Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 140

Thread: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

  1. #1
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    I think this is very interesting. I love that we declined the deal, especially since they made it sound like it wasn't even close. Its good to know that Bird still wants to build around Granger, obviously showing the T-Mac rumor was a joke - even though we pretty much knew it anway, it still brought up a debate that can now be ended.

    Also, I love the fact that the Pacers are making a push for Hickson in a Murphy/Z deal - hopefully Washington tries to keep Jamison, but this whole Arenas debacle probably hurt us in that regard. If the Wizards decide to keep him, the Cavs might panic and give up Hickson.

  4. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    if that's true, I have no idea why the Pacers didn't jump on that deal. Granger and Jefferson are about on the same talent level, and you almost always take the big man over the wing.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    The Cavs likely are willing to part with young forward J.J. Hickson(notes) in a trade for Jamison, but perhaps less apt to do so for Murphy. So far, the Pacers want more than the expiring contract of center Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes) to make a deal for Murphy, and likely would also require Hickson.
    Nooooooooooooooo..............

    Drat.


    But this slam dunks the Granger-Tmac rumor, dead as Dillinger. Plus Jefferson doubles it because you get rid of one anchor and logjam the other unless they play Jeff at PF.

    Now, Kevin Love...I'm listening. Listening, not doing. Just not hanging up instantly.

  7. #5
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Wait, are you saying that you'd rather have Love than Jefferson for Granger?

  8. #6
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if that's true, I have no idea why the Pacers didn't jump on that deal. Granger and Jefferson are about on the same talent level, and you almost always take the big man over the wing.
    Jefferson is very soft for a PF, think Z-Bo without the red flags and more injuries. As much as he can stuff the stat sheet, he usually doesn't change the game much, where as Granger does - er, used to before be O'Brientized.

  9. #7
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Trading for Jefferson would almost certainly mean trading Hibbert. I can't imagine a scenario in which both would start together and we wouldn't get murdered defensively.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:


  11. #8

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, are you saying that you'd rather have Love than Jefferson for Granger?
    I would and I like Big Al a lot.

    I'd reject this trade as well, Al Jefferson would be a bad fit with the Pacers.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cordobes For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trading for Jefferson would almost certainly mean trading Hibbert. I can't imagine a scenario in which both would start together and we wouldn't get murdered defensively.
    Very few Centers in the NBA would look like good defenders while trying to cover for Murphy and Dunleavy's defensive liabilities. I'm not saying he's a great defender by any means, but he's having to try and cover too many people as Dunleavy couldn't stay in front of David Harrison and Murphy is too busy trying to position himself for a rebound while Hibbert has to move over to his man.

  14. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    I would be more willing to listen to this if Jefferson wasn't coming off injury. Also, I think Bird sees Hibbert becoming a Jefferson level scorer in the post. Hibbert and Jefferson would not mesh on the same team.

  15. #11
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,346

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    "What's Al Jefferson's career 3pt average?" - Jim O'Brien
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  17. #12
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,083

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, are you saying that you'd rather have Love than Jefferson for Granger?
    Absolutely, all day, every day. Love does everything that Jefferson does, plus he's younger, has an outside shot, is a better passer, yeah...I don't see why you why you would prefer Jefferson to Love, really.

    As for this deal, I'm glad we rejected it. As mentioned above, Jefferson doesn't seem like the best fit, and he hasn't bounced back 100% from that knee injury he suffered last season.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    This almost had to come out of the Indy camp. Morway or one of the PR guys at Conseco couldve almost wrote it.

    It addresses any minor concerns Danny might have had with hearing his name mentioned in trade talks as well as laying out their position on the Cleveland trade for all to see-give us Hickson.

    Now Kahn is going to have some work to do where Jefferson is concerned after that article. Jefferson isnt going to be too pleased reading that.

    Lets hope the Murphy thing doesnt go the way of Tinsley last year where we come in second at the very end and end up stuck.

  20. #14

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Another Bird blunder! You trade Granger in a heartbeat for Jefferson, and try to get Sessions as well. Geez Bird, use that head for something besides a hat rack. No wonder this team sux so badly, and fans are being turned off by it in droves.

    AND yes, I'm a Jefferson fan, and wanted Jefferson when he was in Boston. Jefferson can play C or PF. He's a scorer, a rebounder, and should have made the Allstar team last year. Oops, I forgot he doesn't shoot 3's for Jimmy, and Granger does.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another Bird blunder! You trade Granger in a heartbeat for Jefferson, and try to get Sessions as well. Geez Bird, use that head for something besides a hat rack. No wonder this team sux so badly, and fans are being turned off by it in droves.

    AND yes, I'm a Jefferson fan, and wanted Jefferson when he was in Boston. Jefferson can play C or PF. He's a scorer, a rebounder, and should have made the Allstar team last year. Oops, I forgot he doesn't shoot 3's for Jimmy, and Granger does.
    I couldn't disagree more. Jefferson is Z-Bo v2.0, he has hollow stats. Its funny, on another forum, about 90% of people from other teams even think this is terrible for the Pacers.

  23. #16

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    he hasn't bounced back 100% from that knee injury he suffered last season.

    AND Granger has!?!?

  24. #17

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    he has hollow stats.


  25. #18
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    I'm glad this deal didn't happen, though I like the fact that there's a solid source mentioning the Pacers are talking to teams. The conversations are probably short though if they only involve Granger.

    I'm truly interested to see what happens with Murphy. If the Cavs are truly interested in him, I really hope Bird finds a way to make it happen. Now I've heard the Cavs would only trade Z if they are able to resign him this season, meaning the trade partner would have to agree to release/buy out. For this reason I understand wanting to add a piece like Hickson, but if we can get out under Murphy's contract now, by simply doing a Murphy/Z swap.... why hold out and perhaps miss out if Jamison becomes available.

    We'll still have expirings of Ford, Dunleavy and Foster to deal with, and it would immediately help our luxury tax situation next year.

  26. #19
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't disagree more. Jefferson is Z-Bo v2.0, he has hollow stats. Its funny, on another forum, about 90% of people from other teams even think this is terrible for the Pacers.
    Why would you say that Jefferson is a Z-Bo V2.0? Because Jefferson's numbers look good but the team doesnt win? Doesnt Granger do that same? His numbers are great, but the team isnt winning
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  27. #20

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Jefferson isnt going to be too pleased reading that..

    If indeed there is a problem between Jefferson and Love, maybe Jefferson is pleased to findout he's up for trade!
    I can't imagine he'd be turning cartwheels to findout he'd had been traded to the Pacers.... another losing team that is just one step up from the T-Wolves.

  28. #21
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you say that Jefferson is a Z-Bo V2.0? Because Jefferson's numbers look good but the team doesnt win? Doesnt Granger do that same? His numbers are great, but the team isnt winning
    Because he doesn't affect the game, just puts up great stats. He is an awful defender and doesn't make teammates better. I think he would be a great second fiddle, but if we are trading Granger, he becomes our #1 option.

    Granger showed last year that he is capable of leading this team to victory - against top teams might I add, O'Brien is just screwing him up by turning him into a jumpshooter only. If Granger continues to be only a jumpshooter, I would say his offensive stats are hollow, but he can still defend - unlike Jefferson.

  29. #22
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,083

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AND Granger has!?!?
    Granger's injury just happened, and it's not a knee injury. Plus, all things equal, you are not making your fanbase happy trading the face of the franchise.

    Love+Rubio's rights, and we're talking.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,726

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    I would feel better with the ball in Granger's hands at crunch time. That's more important than just about anything else unless we are talking a top tier defensive player....and we are not. Keep Granger.

  32. #24

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    doesn't make teammates better.

    AND Granger does? By his stellar "D", his rebounding, his many assists, his great leadership, his super intangibles? Apparently you aren't remembering Granger's play b4 he got injured with his chippy attitude that reminds me of the child who is unhappy and is playing that way to show people their unhappiness. Have you forgotten all the complaints of those 3's he was shooting b4 the injury? I remember posting about his poor shooting of 41 and 35%. I'd say his points are pretty hollow myself.

  33. #25
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Wolves offered Al Jefferson for Danny Granger

    Good call, Bird.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Hot-shooting Raptors sink Jefferson, Wolves [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 01:10 AM
  2. Jefferson, Wolves slam Clips [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:00 AM
  3. No max: Wolves' Jefferson gets $65M extension [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
  4. Nets, Jefferson Reach $78M Extension
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:36 PM
  5. 6/24 - Final Mock Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •