Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59

Thread: Ravens @ Colts

  1. #26

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    2 things: 1) Stop the run 2) Give Manning time to throw.

    Do these two things and we're golden.

    I do feel that we need to score more than 17 pts this time around, since I don't think we'll hold them to only FGs again.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  2. #27
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Keep in mind we have taken this team out before in the playoffs and the fan base in Baltimore is still upset about the Mayflower vans. When we beat them earlier this season instead of putting Colts on the scoreboard they put INDY.

    Big deal. They have been complaining about it for 26 years and this year will be no different. 3 years ago I think they put way too much pressure on the organization by harping so much about the move. It seemed to me like a large chunk of their fans wanted the Colts to lose that game more than they wanted the Ravens to win it. If they want to go with that angle again then fine with me. It's not going to help them win at all.

  3. #28
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 things: 1) Stop the run 2) Give Manning time to throw.

    Do these two things and we're golden.

    I do feel that we need to score more than 17 pts this time around, since I don't think we'll hold them to only FGs again.

    Agreed, but I would add 3) Don't turn the ball over.

    I just have visions of Manning throwing the kinds of passes he was late in the year for horrible INTs, and I fear that could be the Colts' doom.

  4. #29
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,244
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, but I would add 3) Don't turn the ball over.

    I just have visions of Manning throwing the kinds of passes he was late in the year for horrible INTs, and I fear that could be the Colts' doom.
    I'm more worried about the passes that get popped up in the air like what happened to Brady a couple of times yesterday.

  5. #30
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm more worried about the passes that get popped up in the air like what happened to Brady a couple of times yesterday.
    Whichever, I mean, I just think if we lose it's going to involve 2-3 picks.

  6. #31
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope Peyton wins so all you on here that worship him can actually have some validity that he is better than Brady.
    Yes, because the most ever MVPs in a career doesn't give that to him.

  7. #32
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Manning is better than Brady right now (obviously). If he wins another Super Bowl this year, the gap will be pretty big.

    I was impressed with how Brady came back and played 16 games after that brutal injury last year. I think he will play better next year.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Why is anyone even debating Brady vs Manning right now? Hell according to the people that think Brady is better, he won Super Bowls all by himself. Those other 21 starters and special teams are just for show and it doesn't matter that the Pats have had a better defense up until this year for the most part. That proves Brady is better, right there.

    So the real debate should be if Brady is better than Matt Cassel, I mean they won more games with Cassel last year, right?

    *If you didn't notice, I didn't feel like making the whole post green*

    -- Steve --

  9. #34
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,244
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I want to read that article from the 2006 playoffs, where some Baltimore hack wrote something to the e/affect of "Peyton wants everyone to be in credit card debt". Anyone know of a copy?

  10. #35

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I think Manning will throw 1-2 INTs. He just seems to do that, and defenses play better in the playoffs. The key is that our defense has been able to play really well this year after TOs. If they continue that, we should be ok.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  11. #36
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Baltimore is 0-7 against Indy. After Saturday, they'll be 0-8.

    Ray Lewis, Suggs, and Reed are great but they don't ever rattle Peyton like they do other QBs. Peyton will still burn their secondary with long passes and this year, all our main defensive starters will be healthy for this game which is bad news for Flacco.

    I don't expect it to be close and I don't think a 4th quarter come from behind victory will be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  12. #37
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And they've been doing the scoreboard thing since 1984 with the Colts. Again - not new and last time I looked, the game is here in Indy. Maybe the Colts will put BALT on the scoreboard and really **** them off.
    I think it'd be funnier if they put NON-Colts or NOT the Colts in place of the Ravens.

    example:

    Colts - 27
    Not the Colts - 17
    Last edited by Merz; 01-12-2010 at 05:37 AM.

  13. #38

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This will be closer than you think
    i hope you are wrong but, i fear you will be correct.

  14. #39
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,556
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I just hope that Lucas Oil has provided large quantities of lubricants to our guys during this break. We absolutely cannot afford to be rusty, and I still fear that rust is nearly inevitable at this point.

    Against a team that plays defense, and can run the ball well, our level of execution will have to be better than it has been for most of the season, especially with Baltimore getting some additional confidence by beating NE the way they actually should have with Brady hurt and Welker out. Baltimore is still in game shape, is hungry, and have not let up.

    If the Colts are able to pull this one out likely after yet another late game comeback, they likely have what it takes to beat San Diego. So, for me, this game is what determines if they can get to the Superbowl, and possibly will indicate whether they have what it takes to beat Favre (most likely) or NO.

  15. #40

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I know the article you are talking about Natson....I wish I could find that somewhere. Beating Baltimore that year in the playoffs made it so much sweeter after reading that article before game time. That truly pissed me off...

  16. #41

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    If the Colts don't make it to the Super Bowl this year, they will have a losing record in the playoffs for the same decade in which they were the winningest regular season team of all time.

    That would be a very odd piece of trivia.

  17. #42
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I am Colts fan.

    I am not a homer.

    I think Polian should stick to drafting skill positions not line men in the first few rounds. Ugoh and Pollick are not good.

    I think Peyton has to blow up in the playoffs ie Kurt Warner last game for him to get the choke label off his back. In 2006 our team won 4 playoff games Manning threw more INTs than TD's in those games. Yes he has 4 MVP but only one ring. Manning would rather have 3 rings than four MVP's.

    I am worried about picking up the blitz and stopping Ray Rice we do that we win the game. I hope Melvin Bullett has a pick 6 so he gets the credit he deserves that guy has made me say Bob Who to Bob Sanders!!!

  18. #43
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I also think we have lost a lot of "home field" advantage with the stadium change.


    I have heard zero false reports of fake crowd noise being pumped in the Luc. The last news report was on Feces in the food.

  19. #44
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,220
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am worried about picking up the blitz...
    Sometimes you make a comment that makes me honestly question whether you've ever even watched a Colts game. The Colts are the BEST IN THE LEAGUE at picking up the blitz and have been for years. YEARS! Other teams know that you don't blitz on Peyton because he sees it, audibles at the line, and makes you pay. He has a history of even being able to do this against Baltimore who is famous for not showing blitz until just before the snap. In fact, I sincerely hope with all my heart that Baltimore is stupid enough to make blitzing a big part of their defensive gameplan. If they do, I predict 300 yards and 3 TD's for Peyton and some Curtis Painter time in the 4th quarter. That's how stupid it would be for them to put in a heavy blitz package.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also think we have lost a lot of "home field" advantage with the stadium change.
    Two seasons at The Luke. Combined record? 13-3, one of those was a throwaway, and the other two were in Peyton's first three games after coming back from knee surgery. That's tied for the best home record in the league over those two seasons. Yeah, they need to do something about losing that homefield advantage.
    Last edited by travmil; 01-12-2010 at 11:52 AM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  21. #45
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,244
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    I found it, I think... twss


    Patronizing Peyton Manning by Dan Rodricks

    At first, I thought the Peyton Manning commercials for Mastercard were funny, but the more I see them the more Manning comes across as a patronizing put-down artist, making fun of -- not championing -- the working stiffs of America who earn a tiny fraction of what he makes for throwing footballs and acting as pitchman for a credit card company. The waitress who drops a tray of food, the stock boy in a supermarket, the deli man slicing meat, moving men and fast-food workers -- all these modest wage-earners are the recipients of Manning's phony high-fives and obssessive antics. This isn't exactly fanfare for the common man; you can't forget that the wholesome Indianapolis quarterback, the one cheering on the below-minimum-wage waitress in the Mastercard commercials, makes millions of dollars a year from the Colts. He's reportedly the highest-paid player in NFL history, getting $99 million for seven years with a $34.5 million signing bonus, and an extra $19 million in incentives. According to Sports Illustrated, Manning gets another $11 million a year from endorsements. He'll never have to worry about waiting tables or moving furniture.

    And never mind the whole issue of credit card debt -- whether Manning should be encouraging use of plastic for the same socieconomic class he "celebrates" in these commercials. Since 1989 credit card debt has tripled in the U.S. to more than $700 billion, and studies show that middle- and low-income households carry an average of $9,000. Among the 20-somethings, who are Manning's biggest admirers, debt (college loans and credit cards) is a particularly acute problem. "The [credit card] industry discovered that the most profitable consumers were the least responsible consumers—college students, people who'd declared bankruptcy, housewives [and] people who were consuming beyond their means," Newsweek quoted James Scurlock, the 30-something director of "Maxed Out," a documentary on consumer debt. "People who would pay anything for credit—any fee or any interest rate because they needed more credit. Before, credit was rationed based on whether you could pay it back, based on your reputation, based on your character to some degree. It's just not that way anymore, and that's a huge change."

    Do you think Peyton Manning has a clue about this?

    And I wonder how many of the workers depicted in these commercials have health insurance benefits from their employers. According to Investor's Business Daily, the cost of uncompensated care in the U.S. reached $28.8 billion in 2005. That was up from $26.9 billion the prior year. The estimate on uninsured Americans ranges from 46 million to 48 million these days.

    So, pardon me for no longer laughing at Peyton Manning's Everyman-Everyfan commercials. The "joke" has worn thin now, but I wonder if Manning has the slightest clue that some of his fans, including this one, might see it that way.


    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

  22. #46
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,244
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes you make a comment that makes me honestly question whether you've ever even watched a Colts game. The Colts are the BEST IN THE LEAGUE at picking up the blitz and have been for years. YEARS! Other teams know that you don't blitz on Peyton because he sees it, audibles at the line, and makes you pay. He has a history of even being able to do this against Baltimore who is famous for not showing blitz until just before the snap. In fact, I sincerely hope with all my heart that Baltimore is stupid enough to make blitzing a big part of their defensive gameplan. If they do, I predict 300 yards and 3 TD's for Peyton and some Curtis Painter time in the 4th quarter. That's how stupid that would be.
    The one game in which they decided to try that stuff...

    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200810...6/ravens@colts

  23. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Looking forward to this game as we march into the Super Bowl. Our man Larry Coyer and the improved Colt defense has been a God send to this team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  25. #48
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking forward to this game as we march into the Super Bowl. Our man Larry Coyer and the improved Colt defense has been a God send to this team.
    I agree... I hope I don't have to eat those words Saturday night...


    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  26. #49
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Would much, much rather be playing the Jets.

  27. #50

    Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i hope you are wrong but, i fear you will be correct.
    Oh we're going to win. It'll be close, but we are the better team, and only excessive rust will have us lose. Which won't happen.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Similar Threads

  1. The Pacers: Moving or Staying?
    By 1984 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
  2. Colts not expecting draft day trade for James
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 12:13 PM
  3. Ravens (8-5) at Colts (10-3) - 12/19/04
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 01:30 AM
  4. Why the Colts can reach the Super Bowl
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
  5. Could someone with an Insider subscription get.....
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •