Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens @ Colts

Exclamation Ravens @ Colts

The way it looks right now, the Ravens will be coming to Indy next Saturday. What do you think the outcome will be? Do you think NE is playing that bad or Baltimore is playing that good? I really didn't want to play NYJ but after seeing what I've seen so far in this game I'd rather see NY. Please comment..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ravens @ Colts

We could beat Jets or Ravens IMO. The Patriots are playing like poo.

I think Peyton will shred the Ravens passing the ball. The only real concern you guys should have is whether or not your D can stop their run game. That unbalanced line is no joke.

Banned
    Mood

The Ravens didn't impress me that much. As shoddy as New England looked they actually outscored Baltimore 14-9 the final three quarters. We wont pad them 24 points and we wont lose.

Colts, 28
    Ravens, 17

Ravens looked one dimensional to me. They didn't really try to put points on the board in the second half. Don't get me wrong they executed their gameplan and kept Tom Brady off the field. The Colts defense is better than the Pats D as well as offense.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

We should kill them. Load up on the run, make Flacco beat us through the air. Peyton should have a good day.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should kill them. Load up on the run, make Flacco beat us through the air. Peyton should have a good day.
    We should/would beat them even if Flacco was healthy, but he is clearly hurt.

This will be closer than you think
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

GO COLTS!

Although I'm still mad at management, sorry I can't get it out of my head.

Any defense with a focused Ngata, Lewis and Ed Reed will worry me. When you have a great player at every level of your defense, great plays can be made anywhere on the field. Even though we have Peyton Manning, as we saw today if your reciever juggles the ball on the way down, Reed may take it from him on the way down and run with it. Lewis is one of the few players smart enough to find a way to hit Manning, like many of the previous Pats LB's.

Should be a very good damn game. I think any idea's of a blowout are a bit premature.

-- Steve --

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

If we lose, management is going to hear it. Very loudly.

So don't lose.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Ravens > Colts

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

That's the spirit Shade...
    Last edited by Natston; 01-11-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Mood

It'll be tough, but I have faith that the Colts can pull it off.

I only care about Shade's opinion. And it's correctly aligned.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Ravens are not as good as they played in the first quarter against the Patriots. The final three quarters of the game is their normal level of play. Yesterday, they had 24 points in the first quarter, none in the second, and managed three FG's in the second half. As long as the O-line keeps Peyton upright and gives him his time, the Colts will win.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Flacco with a QB rating of 10. That's one more than nine, one less than eleven. Nigel Tufnel has that beat. Take away Rice's 83 yard run and they ran for about 3 a carry.

You gotta bring more than that. If Brady wasn't so generous with the turnovers ............... But what happened, happened. I don't think Manning tosses 3 picks and fumbles it away. I don't see the D giving up the big run. I don't think the Raven's secondary will be able to contain Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie. And this Colts team has something to prove. That being the decision to rest players was the right one.

Colts 34, Ravens 13.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We should be fine, but there is always reason to be nervous about a Colts playoff game. That's just par for the course.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The Patriot's play reminded me of some Colt opening playoff moments...

The variable that I'm most anxious to see is how Caldwell prepares this team for the playoffs. I know there was a lot of talk in the past about the Colts losing their edge by resting players and too much time between meaningful games and the playoffs, but I think a portion (perhaps a large portion) was Dungy's inability to properly prepare the Colts for the playoffs and to work thru the layoff letdown. IMHO he ultimately made what could've been an advantage into a disadvantage.

I'm hoping Caldwell spends more time in game prep as well as keeps the players more primed and ready than Dungy.

I'm not convinced Dungy was the long hours, hard worker he needed to be with X and O's and priming the team... especially for the playoffs.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Ray Rice is going to be hard to handle. He is a smaller RB ie MJD, Sproles, & Turner. That has given the Colts D problems. Combine that with Ed Reed & Ray Lewis.

Keep in mind we have taken this team out before in the playoffs and the fan base in Baltimore is still upset about the Mayflower vans. When we beat them earlier this season instead of putting Colts on the scoreboard they put INDY.

I really hope Peyton wins so all you on here that worship him can actually have some validity that he is better than Brady. Who looked to be done last game. I am predicting the Colts to win by over ten points due to our Defense. Melvin Bullett and Gary Brackett are going to show the world who they are and get a playoff W. The Offense cannot turn the ball over more than a single time for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

I really hope Peyton wins so all you on here that worship him can actually have some validity that he is better than Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The Patriot's play reminded me of some Colt opening playoff moments...

The variable that I'm most anxious to see is how Caldwell prepares this team for the playoffs. I know there was a lot of talk in the past about the Colts losing their edge by resting players and too much time between meaningful games and the playoffs, but I think a portion (perhaps a large portion) was Dungy's inability to properly prepare the Colts for the playoffs and to work thru the layoff letdown. IMHO he ultimately made what could've been an advantage into a disadvantage.

I'm hoping Caldwell spends more time in game prep as well as keeps the players more primed and ready than Dungy.

I'm not convinced Dungy was the long hours, hard worker he needed to be with X and O's and priming the team... especially for the playoffs.
    I agree with this. Everyone, whether it be the players or Caldwell himself, says that Caldwell yells more than Dungy ever did. I think that is exactly what the team needs. Dungy was always calm and I think that tied in to the team coming out flat in some playoff games.

I talked a lot of smack in the Wes Welker is hurt thread. Predicted the my Ravens would wallop the Pats, which they did. And, although I can't actually bring myself to type a prediction that the Raven's will lose, let's just say that I won't be talking that much smack this week.

After the first quarter we did not play particularly well. Our corners are still a liability, something that a hurt Brady with no Welker couldn't exploit. The passing game is still shaky and our offense is one-dimensional. Count how many times we ran three run plays down the middle against the Pats - if our D hadn't been generating points and field position our offense wouldn't have looked that good out there. The Ravens win was as much about a crappy, Welker-less Pats team as it was about the Ravens.

I'm sure we'll play decent, our D will bring it and if I were you I'd be scared of talented Ravens team that lost a lot of close games and seems to be gaining some steam. Come game time I'll probably be more confident and excited. But the Colts are better and should win.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

I can't see a rout when these teams played a 17-15 game before, Baltimore is tremendously improved on D since then, and home field doesn't really matter much in the playoffs with a veteran team (a recent Simmons article discussed this-- home field advantage essentially disappears int he NFL playoffs).

I think the Colts will win, but something like 20-17 or 21-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Keep in mind we have taken this team out before in the playoffs and the fan base in Baltimore is still upset about the Mayflower vans. When we beat them earlier this season instead of putting Colts on the scoreboard they put INDY.
    Well, first of all, the Colts aren't playing the fans. They're playing the Ravens - many of whom weren't even born in 1984. It hasn't been an issue with the players for quite a while (if it ever was) and it's pretty much a non-existent thing now - only to those few fans that simply can't let it go.

And they've been doing the scoreboard thing since 1984 with the Colts. Again - not new and last time I looked, the game is here in Indy. Maybe the Colts will put BALT on the scoreboard and really **** them off.