Thread: Help Wanted (update; and found): Looking for someone who does a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors

Default Help Wanted (update; and found): Looking for someone who does a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors

Is there anyone here who makes a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors across the web?

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in providing a "Daily Digest" blog with any NBA or Pacers news/rumors you think our primary audience would find interesting or useful. The more sources you use, the better.

If you're interested, please post a reply and tell me why you're the person for the job.

Thanks!

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Help Wanted: Looking for someone who does a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors

Hoops Hype does daily rumors: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Someone could just edit their daily list down to only the most interesting rumors and add commentary, particularly Pacer-related commentary.

Default Re: Help Wanted: Looking for someone who does a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors

That's the idea. Someone who hits those kinds of sites and filters it and perhaps comments on it.

I tend to frequent the hoopshype, realgm, hoopsworld, ESPN, and twitter analysts.

I try to do it daily, but I do work 3 10 hour days, so on those days I usually don't check until I get off in the evening.

I mostly just skim for Pacer news and rumors though.

What exactly are you needing?

I would prefer someone who could make their posts in the mornings, but I'm not entirely opposed to someone who could do it in the evenings.

The #1 thing is compiling any (granted, this is subjective) "interesting" rumors from around the league, but of course putting anything Pacers related first.

The info is already out there. I want to bring it to PD readers/users instead of asking them to go get it.

Banned

I think that you should just have a thread for rumors and related stuff, you have guys like me, Miller time and some others who are willing to post stuff as soon as become available. I would also like somebody who has espn insider.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would prefer someone who could make their posts in the mornings, but I'm not entirely opposed to someone who could do it in the evenings.

The #1 thing is compiling any (granted, this is subjective) "interesting" rumors from around the league, but of course putting anything Pacers related first.

The info is already out there. I want to bring it to PD readers/users instead of asking them to go get it.
    I could probably do so 4 out 7 days if needed.

What are the perks?

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Smile Re: Help Wanted: Looking for someone who does a daily sweep for NBA/Pacers news/rumors

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    What are the perks?
    why do people always want something extra???

You should do it for the love of your Indiana Pacers and for the love of your fellow peeps on The Pacers Digest!!!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    What are the perks?
    Job experience for journalism. Do it well enough long enough and a website will probably pay for you to write for them.

Not that it's likely.

Well, let's see, I make $0.00 an hour, so I'll give you..... 8%.

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, let's see, I make $0.00 an hour, so I'll give you..... 8%.
    i would push for 10%!!!!!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could probably do something like that. As others have mentioned, I scan the usual NBA rumors sites (ESPN Insider, HoopsHype, RealGM, etc.) to an unhealthy degree. I don't know if I could always get it up in the morning, but I could probably do that more often than not.

Are you thinking of something where we filter those websites for Pacers rumors/tidbits, and then comment on them, and then another area where we mention interesting NBA rumors?

I suppose the decision to keep it together versus splitting it into two sections would depend on the quantity of information each day.

If splitting it would make it easier to digest, then that would probably be the way to go.

Perhaps you and pwee31 could split duties in one way or another?

I suppose the decision to keep it together versus splitting it into two sections would depend on the quantity of information each day.

If splitting it would make it easier to digest, then that would probably be the way to go.

Perhaps you and pwee31 could split duties in one way or another?

That works for me. Just want it to be a thread that gets bumped daily, or how do you want to go about the blogging

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    That works for me. Just want it to be a thread that gets bumped daily, or how do you want to go about the blogging
    That works for me too. Since you were here first, I'll let you dictate when you want to do it, and I'll take the scraps.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm an ESPN insider and do a daily browse to see anything new.

I wouldn't mind being the Daily Digest poster and post any rumors from it.

I appreciate it, Trophy, but unless pwee and cdash can't work it out, I think we're covered for the time being.

Pwee31 and cdash, I'm going to PM you guys. Thanks