Thread: WILL MAKE PLAYOFFS

Default WILL MAKE PLAYOFFS

We're only 4 games out of the 8 seed as of now and 7 games out of the 5 seed. With teams such as Detroit, Washington, New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Toronto, and Miami in our way, I feel extremely confident in making it back to the promised land.

With Granger and Hansbrough set to comeback relatively soon, Hibbert playing like Most Improved Player, and Rush playing like 6th Man of the Year, we definately have a great chance to make some noise come April/May/June.

Wow and I left out Price, Watson, Head, D. Jones, Dunleavy, McRoberts, And S. Jones! We're legit

Go Colts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: WILL MAKE PLAYOFFS

January, February, March, April.

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're only 4 games out of the 8 seed as of now and 7 games out of the 5 seed. With teams such as Detroit, Washington, New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Toronto, and Miami in our way, I feel extremely confident in making it back to the promised land.
    The six bolded teams, how well did they play against us? This team won't make it.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-06-2010 at 01:35 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Welcome to Pacers Digest!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IF they can play like they did against orlando more often, they will make the playoffs. I still believe they can.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Wow!!! After all of the gloom and doom of the past couple of weeks on here, it is kind of refreshing to see such youthful optimism.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoosier For This Useful Post:

It is possible to make the playoffs.

...possible..I'm not sure we want to though.

Why screw up getting a 5-7 pick to just be a 1st round fodder in the playoffs? I'd rather have the pick to build with for the future.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Why screw up getting a 5-7 pick to just be a 1st round fodder in the playoffs? I'd rather have the pick to build with for the future.
    While the logical part of my brain agrees with you.

The part of my brain that is a Pacers fan (illogical most of the time...) could NEVER root for the Pacers to NOT make the playoffs, no matter whom their opponent may be.

I would be THRILLED to get even an 8 seed... playoffs for the first time in several years? Yes please!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    January, February, March, April.

The six bolded teams, how well did they play against us? This team won't make it.
    We split with Charlotte, we've beat New York once, should've beat him the game Granger dropped 94 by halftime, and played Milwaukee extremely well (Hansbrough locked down Bogut in the 4th quarter, too bad he wasn't on him all game), and we can absolutely beat Chicago. When we're 100% and we continue to grow I'm not afraid of Miami.... I'll give you Toronto because of their size and Chris Bosh.

To those of you who would rather lose and get a top pick... HA

Anyway, I would like to thank "Bender" for introducing me to Pacers Digest. I've been a lifelong fan and a season ticket holder for 3 years now and am excited to a part of this community. Go Pacers

OK, so we get 1 win and we are thinking playoffs. I suppose it is good to have hope.

Right now we have to beat out 1 of the current teams that is in the playoffs. (won't be Boston, Cleve, Orlando, Atl, Mia) . Raptors, Bobcats, and Bucks maybe at least in theory. Bobcats have started playing very well and with Brown as their coach barring significant injury they will make the playoffs. Bucks maybe. Raptors I doubt it. But we also would need to stay be ahead of each of the teams not in the playoffs, Nets - sure. Not sure about any of the other teams. Bulls have the talent to get over .500, the Knicks can play some very good games. Pacers won't beat out either of those teams. So it isn't going to happen.

Bottonline - playoffs aren't going to happen for this Pacers team. 30 wins would be a good accomplishment for this team.

Be realistic
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-06-2010 at 04:17 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    And how well did we do against those teams again?

With Granger and Hansbrough set to comeback relatively soon, Hibbert playing like Most Improved Player, and Rush playing like 6th Man of the Year, we definately have a great chance to make some noise come April/May/June.

Wow and I left out Price, Watson, Head, D. Jones, Dunleavy, McRoberts, And S. Jones! We're legit
    Yeah, who could forget those All-Stars?

Go Colts

I think someone's confused...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    Wow!!! After all of the gloom and doom of the past couple of weeks on here, it is kind of refreshing to see such youthful optimism.
    True, but I'm thinking that just as some posters get to low after a loss some are getting to high after a win.

Screw that, I want John Wall baby!

19-63 record FTW!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Squirrelz For This Useful Post:

If they trade Murph or somehow keep him on the bench, feed Hibbert and let the offense flow through him... yeah they might turn this thing around.

But, it's not going to happen...

Jim will play Murph no matter what the stats, records, or the rest of the team thinks about it. I think he doesn't like playing feed the post, inside-outside basketball either. He wants to play an uptempo, fast break, jumpshooting offense.

I will be the first to salute him if he benches Murph and consistantly changes the offense to flow through Hibbert.

optimism/pessimism all in one!

not only are we gonna not make the playoffs we will get the dreaded 10 or 9 seed and a bad pick

god help us if that happens

I like D17's optimism. I've continued to monitor the standings and those teams currently holding down the 5th-8th seeds haven't really pulled away from the bottom feeders (ofwhich the Pacers are a part of) yet. So, it's possible that once we get Granger, Hansborough (and maybe Murphy and Foster) back things could start clicking.

Look at it this way: the Pacers are 2-1 for 2010. I'd like to see them go 12-5 for January. That would put them at 23-30, well within the realm of catching one of the lower seeds before the All-Star break. It's wishful thinking, but I'm trying real hard to find my optimism as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    True, but I'm thinking that just as some posters get to low after a loss some are getting to high after a win.

Next 5 games:

January Opponent
    Fri 08 @ Minnesota 8:00pm W-L 7-28

Sat 09 @ Oklahoma City 8:00pm W-L 19-15

Mon 11 vs Toronto 7:00pm W-L 17-18

Wed 13 vs Phoenix 7:00pm W-L 22-13

Fri 15 @ New Jersey 8:00pm W-L 3-31

If what you are saying is true, I get the feeling there are going to be some roller coaster emotions on here the next few games

Indyhoosier

It's shocking to say, but the Knicks have a better chance of making the playoffs than we do and the 2010 summer hasn't even come yet.

Let's just hope for a good draft selection come April, May, and June and maybe we can improve like Milwaukee and Sacramento.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Be realistic
    I can only speak for myself, but his post gives me the impression that he's having a heck of a lot more fun than others who may embrace your conception of the "realistic" alternative.

Enjoy it, dgranger! And welcome to the board!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweabs For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers need to take on a golf mentality. Low score wins. This is all about John Wall. Making those games against Minny and NJ quite critical. Like US Open and the Masters. Pacers need to go really low in those games.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the optimism, but this is same old for PD after a win.

But, yeah, I think we're too inconsistent to make the playoffs. We'll beat teams like Orlando without a lot of players and then just completely tank it seemingly against the Bucks or Knicks and lose by 30+.

This team is too hurt, too inconsistent, too lacking in heart (apparently with reports some players aren't trying as hard as others, which is really sad.)

I'd love for us to sneak in, but it would take a lot of good fortune I'd say and fortune we just don't ever seem to get anymore.

You can never say never though, stranger things have happened.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    If they trade Murph or somehow keep him on the bench, feed Hibbert and let the offense flow through him... yeah they might turn this thing around.

Jim will play Murph no matter what the stats, records, or the rest of the team thinks about it. I think he doesn't like playing feed the post, inside-outside basketball either. He wants to play an uptempo, fast break, jumpshooting offense.

I will be the first to salute him if he benches Murph and consistantly changes the offense to flow through Hibbert.

You and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post

Jim's true love is the 3. Troy represents that to him, so I think you may be right.

However, IMO Jim tends to speak highly of people who are about to get traded or demoted. Case in point was Stephen Graham last year. Another is TJ. He stroked TJ throughout the season before finally doing the right thing. He's been stroking Troy for years. It's really hard to say what will happen when Troy returns, but it could become very interesting if we are .500 or better again without him.

Honestly, I think if we go 3-2 without Troy, there's a good chance JOb will assume we will be even better with our starting PF. Hopefully he is thinking 15-20 minutes max for Troy though.