Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

  1. #1
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    509
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Did anybody catch this on the broadcast last night? Early 4th quarter when one of the Magic was on a fast break and I believe Jones and Watson got back with Jones blocking his shot and Watson tipping out of bounds. As the other players got there, Dahntay was yelling at Rush... couldn't tell if it was 'pumped up' or yelling. Looked like he was yelling at him 'to get back quicker', though on replay, it didn't look like he was dragging.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  2. #2
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    i saw it......he was pumped up yelling at watson after the block.........it looked like he was saying " ****i got yo' back ****"

  3. #3
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Teamwork is a disease that is slowly catching on I've seen. But you'll have more of that when the game is in reach.

  4. #4
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,521

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Jones is the closest thing we have to a leader. I remember last night he gathered all the players on the court in the 4 qtr to give a quick a pep talk before some foul shots. I believe we were up by 4 at that point.

  5. #5
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jones is the closest thing we have to a leader. I remember last night he gathered all the players on the court in the 4 qtr to give a quick a pep talk before some foul shots. I believe we were up by 4 at that point.
    Was that before or after he missed 2 of 2 (again!) w/ < 1 min. left?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  6. #6
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Yelling at each other, whether cheering or complaining, is ultimately a good thing. It's when they stop yelling at each other that real trouble is afoot.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yelling at each other, whether cheering or complaining, is ultimately a good thing. It's when they stop yelling at each other that real trouble is afoot.
    Does this only apply to 5 game winning streaks, or is this good all season regardless of the outcome?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  9. #8
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this only apply to 5 game winning streaks, or is this good all season regardless of the outcome?
    It applies when players are on the court that are worth the time and energy to yell at.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,636

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i saw it......he was pumped up yelling at watson after the block.........it looked like he was saying " ****i got yo' back ****"
    When you say that you "saw it", do you mean you were at the game and saw it?

    or

    Do you mean that you saw it on TV?

    The reason I ask is that you only see part of the picture when you're watching it on TV cuz you're only seeing what is broadcasted. If you're at the game....then you can see more of what actually happened.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,636

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    IMHO....I guess it all comes down to intention, how well BRush knows Inferno and whether BRush takes it as "He's trying to help me/us/Team by showing me ( in his own "upfront, unique and in your face" way ) how to improve this Team and my game" or "WhyTF is he yelling at me and treating me like a rookie Player when I'm just doing my thing".

    I'd hope that BRush ( as a defensive minded Player ) takes it as the "former"....specifically a "teaching" moment ( and this is the way that Inferno "teaches" ) as opposed to the "latter" where he gets irritated by the way that Inferno is talking to him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #11
    Member Mr. Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    704

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    I was at the game and it looked like Dahntay was just fired up about blocking the shot...IIRC Brandon was smiling after what he said but I guess that could go either way.

  14. #12
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    509
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sobchak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at the game and it looked like Dahntay was just fired up about blocking the shot...IIRC Brandon was smiling after what he said but I guess that could go either way.
    Yeah, I couldn't tell either way, could have been that. In light of recent dicsussions on him 'calling people out', it just drew my attention. Regardless, Brandon didn't look affected by that throughout the rest of the game.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  15. #13
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,824

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teamwork is a disease that is slowly catching on I've seen. But you'll have more of that when the game is in reach.
    Don't worry, the cure for the disease will return in a couple of games, maybe even the next one.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  16. #14

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't worry, the cure for the disease will return in a couple of games, maybe even the next one.
    I think the teammwork aspect had more to do with TJ than Murphy, personally.

    Murphy's the cure for team defense.

  17. #15
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the teammwork aspect had more to do with TJ than Murphy, personally.

    Murphy's the cure for team defense.
    No, Murphy is the cure for individual defense.

    He creates the need for team defense.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  18. #16
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say that you "saw it", do you mean you were at the game and saw it?

    or

    Do you mean that you saw it on TV?

    The reason I ask is that you only see part of the picture when you're watching it on TV cuz you're only seeing what is broadcasted. If you're at the game....then you can see more of what actually happened.
    i saw it on tv, the camera never changed and it followed them the whole time.

  19. #17
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i saw it on tv, the camera never changed and it followed them the whole time.
    I have it DVR'd, about what time in the game was it? I'll go over it like the zupruder film.

  20. #18
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,505

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Maybe he was yelling "Take THAT, Kravitz!"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. #19
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have it DVR'd, about what time in the game was it? I'll go over it like the zupruder film.
    Back and to the left.

    (Separately, Slick chided Rush at least a couple times in the second half last night for completely losing Redick.)

  22. #20
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have it DVR'd, about what time in the game was it? I'll go over it like the zupruder film.

    im not sure of the exact time but there was a bad pass that was stolen and jones and watson rushed backed to defend the fastbreak layup.

    hope that helps.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  24. #21
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back and to the left.
    I almost wrote that, but didn't know if anyone would get it. Excellent.

  25. #22
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im not sure of the exact time but there was a bad pass that was stolen and jones and watson rushed backed to defend the fastbreak layup.

    hope that helps.
    I'm thinking end of 3rd, beginning of 4th.

  26. #23
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sobchak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at the game and it looked like Dahntay was just fired up about blocking the shot...IIRC Brandon was smiling after what he said but I guess that could go either way.
    I saw it too (on TV) and at first I thought "Wow!" from what I could hear it sounded like "You get.....then" and it seemed aggressive. But then I saw Brandon smiling and Dahntay tapped Brandon on the chest in a friendly way just a few seconds later. Based on that order or operations I'd guess DJones was just fired up and sharing, but even if there was something critical about it, Brandon took it fine and it was over in seconds.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  27. #24
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    509
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking end of 3rd, beginning of 4th.
    I think it was the 1st 5 minutes or so of the 4th.... was in a hurry out the door this morning and erased.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  28. #25
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

    http://www.nba.com/games/20100105/OR...t2hp0020900499


    this maybe it........ its the 4th quarter 08:58 Watson Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Anderson (1 ST) 08:54
    Anderson Layup Shot: Missed Block: Jones (1 BLK)

Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay Jones: Play by Play breakdown
    By imawhat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
  2. Rush plans to keep his job
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
  3. Tbird draft analysis: Brandon Rush
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
  4. Remember the Name: Brandon Rush
    By rocksballer58 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
  5. Brandon Rush "I want to be the next Reggie Miller"
    By GrangerRanger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •