Indiana gets:
    1 - Emeka Okafor
    2 - Julian Wright
    3 - Mo Peterson

NO Gets:
    1 - TJ Ford
    2 - Murphy
    3 - Solomon Jones

This is an iffy deal I know because of Okafor's big contract. However, I think Okafor could be the perfect PF to anchor the middle next to Roy. His biggest problem in the league thus far is hes been asked to be a 1st scoring option down low, and that isnt his game. Defensively hes a beast, and rebounds the hell out of the ball. Wright may or may not pan out, but he isnt expensive on a rookie contract. Peterson has 2 years left on his deal, and doesnt fit in our plans, but he sweetens the pot a bit for NO to make the deal happen as its been well publicised that they want to move him. I think this works well for us, we still have Dun's Fosters, & Peterson's big contracts coming off the books in 2011 which will allow us to keep our young talent and add 1 more big time player if we decide to do so, and it anchors our bigmen rotation for the future with Okafor/Hibbert starting, and Tyler/McBob/Foster on the bench. Again its a big risk by taking on another big deal.....but like I said we still have a lot coming off the books in 2011, what are the chances that we lure 2 big time guys here if we had the full amount of expirings...Slim

For New Orleans the biggest thing here is getting out from under Okafors 5 year deal. They dont get expirings, but the chances of them getting a large expiring for that lot is next to impossible. At the very least, moving Murphy in the off-season will be much easier than trying to move Okafor's 5 year deal.

Default Re: Ind/New Orleans

We might even get a draft pick out of them to make this happen ?

All hail King George! KnicksRGarbage's Avatar

Not to seem mean in anyway whatsoever, but none of this is going to work. We see the issues with the Indiana players, so do the other teams. And I'm sure they know more than we do especially. But I have to be honest, it seems as if tho these trades that are being brought up are ones that were punched into a video game and it worked for both teams on NBA Live so it must in real life!
    The sad part is, I doubt we're moving anyone. And if we do, it won't be of any benefit to our team other than our expensive unwanted guys are gone.

Dude your prob right, I doubt we move anyone other than small outside chance somebody wants Murphy to make a playoff run. I am just thinkin out loud. On another note though, I dont think this trade is about anything other than trying to get in a better financial spot for New Orleans. There is talk about busting that whole team up outside of Chris Paul just to save $ right now. There is no way anybody is going to take on Emeka's contract and give up anything of real value........the best thing for them to do is find a way to get shorter deals that are easier to move in return.....this trade would do that, obviously im not so daft as to think this will actually happen.......but its at least entertainint to ponder

you know...i actually think getting okafor might be possible.
    hes not working out in NO, hes still young, and im pretty sure NO is looking to move him.