Thread: Indy/Boston

Default Indy/Boston

It seems to me at this point Ford is the priority for a trade so why not have Larry hit up his buddy in beantown for this trade.

Indiana gets:
    1 - Scalabrine
    2 - T. Allen
    3 - Giddens

Boston gets:
    1 - TJ Ford
    2 - Luther Head
    3 - future 2nd rounder from Indy (to sweeten the deal a little)

I know Allen is supposed to be a headcase but his deal is up after this season and its almost half over. Scals deal also ends and if Boston really wants him back (I doubt it) we buy him out. Giddens is likely a 1 and done guy as well, but we get a look at him the rest of the year. The main thing for us is getting rid of TJ, Head has been playing well but he isnt in the long term plans.

Boston does have to give $ to TJ next year, but to me they are pretty shallow as a team right now. They dont have a quality backup PG right now period. I think this is the type of team TJ could thrive with. There would be no question who is the starter, and he can come off the bench and be a spark plug like he was in Toronto. He actually had a good year with the Raptors before we traded for him, there was jsut alot of turmoil from the sounds of it between he and Calderon on who should be starting, no question with Rondo. On top of it all Rivers is a competent coach who would know how to use him. With how heads been playing he would seem an attractive addition to make a run at a title this year as well as a scorer of the bench.

Default Re: Indy/Boston

Pacers wont be interested in Allen...has too much baggage
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Would seem like a small price to pay for 1/2 season and let him walk. The fanbase would understand that he isnt brought in as a future piece, nothing more than a way to dump salary. Im glad to be through with the Tinsley/Artest/Jackson days as much as anyone, but I wouldnt see this move as being anything like those days.

All hail King George! KnicksRGarbage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fanbase would understand that he isnt brought in as a future piece, nothing more than a way to dump salary.
    The Digest fanbase would understand. Problem is that a lot of people in Indiana are fed up with the Pacers and don't even realize how much things have changed. The team still has a big problem as being looked at as "a bunch of thugs." Not to mention everyone in town is sleeping with the Colts and the Pacers are horrible due to changes made.
    Most people wouldn't get it. At the same time, you could argue those people wouldnt even know of Allen's past. But that's not my point, and i know you know what I mean.

I def get your point. It would be a small gamble. However, at this point, I dont think it matters, the Pacers have already put a classy team on the court and the fans havent come back.....now the only thing that will get them back is a winning team, or one thats at least fun to watch.....until we can jettison some bad contracts that wont happen anyway.....so to me I pull the trigger.

Mood

I like it as a fan of the pre-injury Allen, but I doubt that Boston would be as excited to pull the trigger on this one.