Thread: Any interest in Mikki Moore?

Default Any interest in Mikki Moore?

Word is per Mark Stein on Twitter that GS is waiving him to keep someone else on the roster (I don't know the details).

As long as we don't know Jeff's status, might he be a serviceable backup big? We'd have to waive Diener, I'd guess.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Any interest in Mikki Moore?

He's a joke. But even jokes have a place in the NBA nowadays.

IMO, he needs to be in a structured system with a legit big on the floor to compliment him. He's rail-thin and when he gets pushed round, he gets lost easily.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

My understanding is that he was out with a injury, bone spurs in right heel. It says out for the season, that is probably why they are releasing him. They won't need him next year.

I watch most of the Warriors games, and Mikki was a good veteran to have on your team. He's not going to wow you with his play, but does give a team a veteran presence and seems to play with a bit of fire. He has to be close to retiring at this point, but the way he played this year he looked like he could go a few more years, with spot minutes on a teams BIGS rotation.

Don't see the Pacers needing him.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a joke. But even jokes have a place in the NBA nowadays.

IMO, he needs to be in a structured system with a legit big on the floor to compliment him. He's rail-thin and when he gets pushed round, he gets lost easily.
    Not sure sure I would say anyone who has played in the NBA for 10 years is a joke, but I get your point.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Unless I'm confusing him with someone else, he can't hit free throws.

If we didn't have Solo, I suppose. Or if Jeff went on IR, I know a football concept, but you get what I mean.

Sports Logo

d_c can confirm....but my GSW friend says that Moore gets pushed around very easily inside the paint. Given our lack of strength inside the paint...I'd pass on him. We don't have the $$$ to sign him....and if we had to give more minutes to another Big Man...I'd rather give it to McRoberts, Solo or Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh, I see no reason to take on any type of salary. We are going nowhere fast and playing for ping pong balls. Acquiring Moore will not only increase salary but may cause us to win an extra few games and have less ping pong balls. I would vote no for this move.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    d_c can confirm....but my GSW friend says that Moore gets pushed around very easily inside the paint. G
    Of course. They were playing him at center.

He had that one great season in Sacramento playing PF next to Brad Miller and Spencer Hawes, in an offense where he could play spark-plug and be a release valve.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-04-2010 at 06:56 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

no point in getting moore when we have younger more talented guys to develop

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    d_c can confirm....but my GSW friend says that Moore gets pushed around very easily inside the paint.
    Physically, he's about as weak a 7 footer as you'll find in the league. Good vet guy to have in the locker room, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Of course. They were playing him at center.

He had that one great season in Sacramento playing PF next to Brad Miller and Spencer Hawes, in an offense where he could play spark-plug and be a release valve.
    His "great" season came in New Jersey... playing center.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelz View Post
    Correct. He was hitting those mid-range jumpers at an incredible rate, with Jason Kidd passing him the ball. Although he was playing along Jason Collins' wide body, who usually would guard the opponent centers, allowing Moore to stick with the smaller players. Can't really remember who were the other bigs... Krstic started the season playing very well, but then got injured. A rookie Josh Boone, I guess. That Nets team was peculiar, the backcourt would outrebound the frontcourt in most of the games.

Anyway, I was irked/disgusted/depressed when the Cs signed Moore last season (at a moment when players like Joe Smith and Gooden were still negotiating buy-outs). Moore, I thought and still think, can't help a NBA team any more. He has lost 2 steps from his times with the Nets: his talents were taking the elbow jumper, running the floor very fast, playing with hustle and energy and blitzing the pick'n'roll very well (he moved his feet very quickly for a 7ft). Mediocre in everything else. Nowadays he's slower, he's still a solid jump-shooter but he was never able to replicate the fantastic accuracy of that season and he keeps being an extremely poor rebounder, too frail to defend the low post, bad shot-blocker, foul-prone (tries to get a charge every play), hands of stone. Spirited competitor, high-energy type, likeable guy, hard worker... but shouldn't be nowhere close to a NBA rotation. With this injury, it's time for him to move on.

There are better players than Moore in the D-League (Moore is himself a former minor league product) for clubs in need of emergency minutes. For example, the guy the Warriors are keeping in their roster is D-League call-up Chris Hunter.

its all a moot point, this team isn't taking on any extra salary for a journey man.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelz View Post
    One thing I remember is Mikki has typicallyhad great games against the Pacers. I recall being at games yelling at the fact they were letting him score uncontested down low.