Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who can we realistically get?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Who can we realistically get?

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is a 2, but I don't see him coming here anytime soon. He is owed 60+ million on his current deal, don't see us going there.
    I know that we're only talking in NBA Fantasyland here......cuz I know that this scenario is unlikely......but I don't see why we wouldn't consider adding a long-term contract like Iggy ( or Monta as I suggested in my other post ) as long as one of the Big 4 Contracts ( Murphy, Dunleavy, Ford or Foster ) is moved, the Player is worth his contract and he fits into our long-term plans.

I'd look at adding him as the 2011-2012 FA signing that we were planning to do anyway.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I was doing more research and I found more players that the pacers might be able to get either this year or next the list goes like this: C Butler, Jamison, Kmart, Al Horford, B Diaw,J Salmons, Nene,T prince,Q Richardson(for TJ ),U Haslem(for Murphy),D west,Mo peterson,Jeff Green, B Bass, A Jhonson,JJ redick, A Miller,J Bayless, A Nocioni, F Garcia.
    Scratch QRich, Haslem, David West and MoPete from the list. All of the Teams that they are on want to shed ( not gain ) 2010-2011 Salary. That is one of the reasons why I think that all of our 2010-2011 Expiring Contracts don't have as much trade value as most of you think they have. 1/4 of the Teams in the League don't want to add 2010-2011 Salary...while another 1/4 are close to the Luxury Tax and therefore could only send back comprable 2010-2011 Salary. Those type of trades don't help us since we will likely need to clear at least $6mil from the 2010-2011 SalaryCap to get under the Luxury Tax.

This is the reason why I want to move one of the Big 4 Contracts before this season's trade deadline....the truth is that the # of Teams that we can trade with that could take on any of our Big 4 Contracts would likely be asking for "sweetner" that we simply cannot afford to give up.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that we're only talking in NBA Fantasyland here......cuz I know that this scenario is unlikely......but I don't see why we wouldn't consider adding a long-term contract like Iggy ( or Monta as I suggested in my other post ) as long as one of the Big 4 Contracts ( Murphy, Dunleavy, Ford or Foster ) is moved, the Player is worth his contract and he fits into our long-term plans.

I'd look at adding him as the 2011-2012 FA signing that we were planning to do anyway.

I remember when Monta Ellis got drafted. I wanted us to draft him in the first round but then Danny fell to us.

I couldn't believe the kid fell to the second round and was about to have an heart attack prayin that we would trade up and get the kid.

I was stationed in Mississippi at the time and all of the local guys I was talking to said the kid walked on water in high school, being a local kid they where hoping he would go to LSU instead of the NBA they said he would be a scoring machine in a couple years.

Personally I would still love to have the kid on our team.

Danny, Monta and draft Greg Monroe and we would have one hell of a gulf coast core...It worked for the colts, Payton, Reggie and Addai are all from the gulf coast region

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Personally I would still love to have the kid on our team.

Danny, Monta and draft Greg Monroe and we would have one hell of a gulf coast core...It worked for the colts, Payton, Reggie and Addai are all from the gulf coast region
    Too bad that the Warriors wouldn't be interested in 2 of the Players that we'd want to move to get him ( MurphLeavy ) and the 3rd player ( Ford ) can't do the one thing that the Coach requires of him....hitting a 3pt shot.

Besides....Monta isn't going to be traded anymore.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-05-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Besides....Monta isn't going to be traded anymore.
    Seriously speaking, Nellie wouldn't have a problem trading him. But the front office would. They can't trade him for ticket selling purposes. At the very least they can't trade him simply to dump salary. Not now. They do that and their ticket sales would go kaput.

Monta to his credit has come back strong this year from a moderately serious injury and he's shown that he's better than ever.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Assuming you are correct, I have no idea on this btw, what do you think then that the plan is? Or do you think that the "plan" really has all just been a smoke and mirrors routine to give us hope and in reality they are hopeing to get lucky via the draft or other?

Because if what you are saying is true then I really am depressed because we may really be looking at 5 to 10 years of rebuilding and then really only rebuilding to mediocre not contenders.
    I think the plan is to improve flexibility with more reasonable contracts. I don't think they have specifically targeted players to get with the Dun/Troy relief, but rather have been looking to get more "liquid" in order to make more options available to them as they come along.

The market is pretty dynamic, in no small part due to how other teams react to their own W-L and finances (not to mention personality issues), so it's risky/silly to hard target 2-3 key guys.

Personally I'd laser focus in on some potential "trash" bargins, in this case you currently have Gerald Henderson dumped in Charlotte and Weaver struggling to get time in OKC. I do think the draft spins things too, as Wall to NJ would seem to free up Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Personally I'd laser focus in on some potential "trash" bargins, in this case you currently have Gerald Henderson dumped in Charlotte and Weaver struggling to get time in OKC. I do think the draft spins things too, as Wall to NJ would seem to free up Harris.

Donte Greene is another one.

I liked Ajinca, and he had some impressive workouts, IIRC. He seems to be in Brown's doghouse. Target Henderson and Ajinca for Diener's expiring and either Rush or Solo.

I think I've heard that Ajinca is just light years away physically and mentally, I could be mistaken, though. I think it's the right idea though.

Greene, Henderson, and Weaver are all guys I'd be interested in though. How about Hansbroughs teammate who can shoot lights out, Wayne Ellington.
    Last edited by Speed; 01-05-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

The market is pretty dynamic, in no small part due to how other teams react to their own W-L and finances (not to mention personality issues), so it's risky/silly to hard target 2-3 key guys.

Speaking of which, I just read an article where the words is out that the Jazz want to shake things up and no one is untouchable, save Deron. I'm a big fan of "trash bargains". Just because a guy is on the bench, it's doesn't mean he can't play. Jazz would supposedly be agreeable, and have been to moving Kirilenko, but in terms of bargain guys, I DO like Koufos and Fesenko.

Also, The Wizards are supposedly mulling "blowing things up", so to speak. They have a young, athletic guy I love in Javale McGee, but they won't give him any PT, although they profess to love him. They've got some nice trash bargains, too.

Speed, I've been reading the same thing about Ajinca. There's war and then there's RAW.

Justin, Donte Green is going to be a stud, with proper coaching. His game has grown light years and he's been playing almost every position on the floor save center. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to snag him.

I'm really hoping we can and do pull a Jermaine O'Neal and snag someone languishing on a bench for peanuts. For some reason, I'm a little optimistic that the fear of the cap might make for an advantageous deal. Don't ask me why.

Deandre Jordan? Jon Brockman? There's some curiousities out there.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post: