Thread: Our Big Problem

Default Our Big Problem

Whenever we have a mismatch in a matchup we're forced to watch the other team destroy us with that matchup, and we never make use of it on the other side of the court. See: Hibbert on Lee, Mike on Bender, Head on Wilkens, Boykins on Ford, a SG on Robinson, Hibbert on Noah, Hibbert on Horford, Tyler on Wallace, and Josh on Brad Miller.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Our Big Problem

Were losing 104=59 to the Knicks. I think we have lots of big problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Really? Care to elaborate?
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Care to elaborate?
    Well, gee, where to begin really. Our starting lineup looks like a random group of cast offs from the Lakers and Cavs, we have no pride, heart or intensity and we refuse to play defense. I guess other than that we are pretty good.

It's a good point, though. I know it drives me nuts when we ask Tyler to guard Stephen Jackson or Richard Jefferson and then we barely give him a look on the other side of the floor.

Sports Logo

Out Big Problem? We're just not that good. We're not even a mediocre Team where we have a chance at beating average teams...while being punished by really good Teams....it's worse.....we're getting punished by average Teams and only having a chance to beating lottery bound Teams.

Is it too early to start the annual "Tank or Playoffs" thread?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The Knicks are a particularly bad match-up for the Pacers...even when Granger is available. They have numerous 6'8" - 6'9" athletic guys. Name one that we have other than Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It's a good point, though. I know it drives me nuts when we ask Tyler to guard Stephen Jackson or Richard Jefferson and then we barely give him a look on the other side of the floor.
    Exact matchups I forgot and couldn't remember. Tyler and Butler too.

we're just not talented
    its a sad day when the teams biggest fans WANT earl watson to start, get excited about luther head, and...yea i cant think of anything else to say about our roster

but at this rate we will surpass the nets as the worse team in the nba easily! john wall 2010!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Outside of Jared Jeffries, there is no player on the Knicks roster that can guard Roy Hibbert; especially David Lee. I think Roy saw 1 or 2 touches in the post in the 1st quarter.

We HAVE to take advantage of mismatches. If the average armchair coach can see the mismatch, so can (or should) the head coach.

I understand the point, but I think the biggest problem is a lack of talent. You can nitpick Hans not getting the ball when being guarded by a SG/SF (which annoys me too, honestly) and things like that but that's just nitpicking.

Our biggest issue is having nobody that's talented enough to just be a mismatch regardless of most situations. This even applies to Granger. We only have mismatches when height difference dictates it, never because one of our guys is just that much better than the guy guarding him.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Outside of Jared Jeffries, there is no player on the Knicks roster that can guard Roy Hibbert; especially David Lee. I think Roy saw 1 or 2 touches in the post in the 1st quarter.

We HAVE to take advantage of mismatches. If the average armchair coach can see the mismatch, so can (or should) the head coach.
    We seemed to go away from Roy early after the Knicks immediately doubled him hard. Surely we could have come up with SOMETHING to take advantage of that rather than just giving it up. You'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post

watson was a clown and turned the ball over 4 times and took 4 3s. thats probably what did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    We seemed to go away from Roy early after the Knicks immediately doubled him hard. Surely we could have come up with SOMETHING to take advantage of that rather than just giving it up. You'd think.
    That would require something other than a helter skelter offensive strategy. ...something we do not have.

Dahntay at the 4 or Luther at the 3 don't help our chances either.

Can we really expect Murphy or Hansbrough or McRoberts to take advantage of their height in the post when none of them have a post game to speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    Dahntay at the 4 or Luther at the 3 don't help our chances either.
    Nor does the
    Watson Deiner
    Watson Price
    Diener Price

backcourt..

yes..lets stick our midgets on their huge *** shooting guard.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Can we really expect Murphy or Hansbrough or McRoberts to take advantage of their height in the post when none of them have a post game to speak of?
    Or they can shoot over them, or shrink.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can only take advantage of mismatches if the players you have are good period.