Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it really an ear infection?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it really an ear infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got a month for going out of his way to insult another member privately. I don't tolerate that.
    Too bad. I'd like to see the continuation of his battles with duke dynamite now that Wetbob has been proven to be far closer to right.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Battles?

Battles?
    They seemed to be going back on forth about McRoberts the last couple weeks.

Wetbob would make a point about something then duke would come back with some sort of silly gif or smilie in place of an actual rebuttal. Quite entertaining.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Too bad. I'd like to see the continuation of his battles with duke dynamite now that Wetbob has been proven to be far closer to right.
    Hope he can do something resembling containing Lee.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Dont **** with da Dukie!

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    Hope he can do something resembling containing Lee.
    I don't have high hopes. Lee is really good. And I've got to think McRoberts is exhausted.

-Lance Stephenson

I don't have high hopes. Lee is really good. And I've got to think McRoberts is exhausted.
    Always thought of Lee as some guy that got his points off ***** layups and easy baskets. Then he met the Pacers.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    Always thought of Lee as some guy that got his points off ***** layups and easy baskets. Then he met the Pacers.
    Regardless, he won't look as good against an exhausted McRoberts as he would against Murphy at full strength.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Tyler hasn't played in a week, and isn't even traveling with the team to attend tonight's game in New York. He hasn't been on the bench. Supposedly, he's out with an ear infection.

Isn't this a bit much for an ear infection? Will the story change? Has this been covered at all by local/national media, or has it been missed so far? Anybody got contacts or heard any reputable rumors?

I'm just curious. I don't remember the last time a player missed this many games for an "injury" that seems so minor.
    They said that he was out because of Vertigo on the game last night.

I can speak from personal (and recent) experience... That if he truly has "water behind the ear", or Vertigo-- there is no way he is playing in a basketball game until it clears itself.

I was in the middle of a musical production of Evita when I came down with Vertigo-- I was barely able to attend rehearsals for the next week, and I was strictly FORBIDDEN from walking on any set pieces that had any elevation whatsoever.

If he really does have Vertigo, I feel for him and hope it clears itself soon!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think the infection has spread to the rest of the roster.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the infection has spread to the rest of the roster.
    Brain infection?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    They said that he was out because of Vertigo on the game last night.

I can speak from personal (and recent) experience... That if he truly has "water behind the ear", or Vertigo-- there is no way he is playing in a basketball game until it clears itself.

I was in the middle of a musical production of Evita when I came down with Vertigo-- I was barely able to attend rehearsals for the next week, and I was strictly FORBIDDEN from walking on any set pieces that had any elevation whatsoever.

If he really does have Vertigo, I feel for him and hope it clears itself soon!
    I had vertigo a few years ago, it wasn't very fun. Any sudden head movement and I'd just about fall over, the whole world felt like it was spinning. I thought I was having a stroke or something when it first happened.

A medication called Meclizine or Antivert helped a ton, but I still had to really watch what I was doing. I could still drive my regular vehicle, but I couldn't drive my drag car cause it made me so sick and dizzy I felt like I was going to puke.

Anything that requires good balance is just about out of the question with vertigo.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

He got a month for going out of his way to insult another member privately. I don't tolerate that.
    I appreciate the candor and I hope others do as well. I hate when forums just hush things away, makes it seem sinister. We all should share the goal of playing nice (relatively) with each other. I've got a tough skin so I can take it and tend to dish it, as long as it's legit debate and doesn't get personal. Any insult or attack you wouldn't do in public definitely wouldn't belong in a PM.

Let's face it, a forum like this gets return offenders and other varieties of trolling/intentional disruption. A lot of us talk in person and these types would never show up and talk that way to someone's face.*

*I think both Count and I and BillS and I have had a few pretty healthy live debates. I think next time I'll leave a burning bag of "PM" on their porch instead.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

To defend Anthem, though it's been pretty reasonable anyway, I wondered the exact same thing and went to Google right away to find out more details about severity and treatment.

Let's face it, the team has earned it. They've got a clear history of mysterious and lingering injuries. Even this year when Tyler was healthy at tryouts, healthy for a few summer games, then 2-3 months later was shut totally down with shin splints that were said to be lingering since about NOV of 08.

It was a "where did that come from" moment for certain. So now a lot of us are skittish when it comes to injury reports.

The answers I found online and that we had here explain the issue well and make it clear why it knocked him on his butt.

Sadly even with the vertigo he might have been one of the more productive players tonight vs the Knicks.

Mood

They seemed to be going back on forth about McRoberts the last couple weeks.

Wetbob would make a point about something then duke would come back with some sort of silly gif or smilie in place of an actual rebuttal. Quite entertaining.
    Excuse me, but I highly doubt that. Just to clear the air I have always come back against him with a viable statement or claim on how I felt when it came to McRoberts. Yes, I have used images and smilies in many of my posts but none between us in that particular discussion.

Someone made a comment in the Troy Murphy thread about Fraggle Rock, and I made a joke about it. Apparently that makes every single post I've made since joining less resonable than the next.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-03-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Tyler hasn't played in a week, and isn't even traveling with the team to attend tonight's game in New York. He hasn't been on the bench. Supposedly, he's out with an ear infection.

Isn't this a bit much for an ear infection?
    Oh not at all. I recently had the beginnings of an ear infection thanks to a persistent sinus problem, and I flew, not knowing what I was getting into. Once the plane started to descend and the pressure increased, I was about to claw my way out through the window to make the pain go away. After we landed, I couldn't hear out of that ear for several days and I was still having problems with it a month later.

Unless he's going to take a charter bus to a game, I wouldn't expect him to be with the team while it remains a problem.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Excuse me, but I highly doubt that. Just to clear the air I have always come back against him with a viable statement or claim on how I felt when it came to McRoberts. Yes, I have used images and smilies in many of my posts but none between us in that particular discussion.

Someone made a comment in the Troy Murphy thread about Fraggle Rock, and I made a joke about it. Apparently that makes every single post I've made since joining less resonable than the next.
    There's nothing wrong with writing pithy, unreasonable posts with or without pictures.

It's the only game I've got.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    There's nothing wrong with writing pithy, unreasonable posts with or without pictures.

It's the only game I've got.
    It happens.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    We all should share the goal of playing nice (relatively) with each other.
    My mommy told me to stay away from you.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Inner ear problems suck...

I have constant inner ear problems, major balance issues... recurring. I don't really know why I still have recurring problems, but... it started in my early 20s when I got an inner ear infection... I was violently dizzy for weeks, if not months. The doc told me it was viral, so there was nothing I could take for it, just had to fight it off, and it causes permanent ear damage. I lost 70% of my hearing in that ear. Your balance is permanently affected, too, and only "goes away" because your brain re-calibrates itselfs to compensate for the loss.

Once every 3-4 months, I get dizzy again for a few days. It sucks. I can completely understand why he's been out for a week... some times my dizziness is so bad I can't even stand up.

I'll say this too... I used to have a huge bass system in my vehicle for 5 years, and I listened to music at ridiculously loud levels, you could hear my bass from a mile away. I tend to believe *that* had a major impact on my ears, lol... wish I had known then what I know now. I woulda turned the music down.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-04-2010 at 11:04 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    *I think both Count and I and BillS and I have had a few pretty healthy live debates. I think next time I'll leave a burning bag of "PM" on their porch instead.
    I'll counter with the classic "Is your refrigerator running" midnight PM.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Wish I'd put money on it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I had vertigo a few years ago, it wasn't very fun. Any sudden head movement and I'd just about fall over, the whole world felt like it was spinning. I thought I was having a stroke or something when it first happened.

A medication called Meclizine or Antivert helped a ton, but I still had to really watch what I was doing. I could still drive my regular vehicle, but I couldn't drive my drag car cause it made me so sick and dizzy I felt like I was going to puke.

Anything that requires good balance is just about out of the question with vertigo.
    Yeah man. Good balance is about everything in daily life. Driving, walking, even sitting up straight.

I work with this lady who has serious vertigo probs, and she was telling me she would have times where she couldn't even stand up and walk to her bed. She can't fly in airplanes without taking a bunch of dramamine. She has some meds for it it, but it still gets to her on airplanes. Imagine how it is trying to play a physical basketball game, let alone the many flights the NBA guys take.

Is Tyler even traveling with the team right now? That would certainly explain why if he is not.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

I don't think there is any conspiracy here.
    I was as wrong about this as AlexAustin is about McRoberts.

-Lance Stephenson

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Wish I'd put money on it.
    Please, O Wise One. Tell us how much longer JOB will be here.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown