Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it really an ear infection?

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it really an ear infection?

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, O Wise One. Tell us how much longer JOB will be here.

No sweat. I GOT THIS!

His coaching is like a nearly perpetual series of cruise ship quality jokes, right?

JOB will be here ALL WEEK!

I sure hope it's not for another 103 games! 21 games I can handle, but 103 would be absolute torture and push my being a Pacer fan to the absolute limit.

At the end of the season, Bird's going to say that they're going to let Obie play out the contract because he had so much bad luck with injuries this year.

We'll go all summer screaming about that fact, but just before training camp starts the Pacers will come to grips with the fact that none of the season ticket holders are going to renew and that all of the players are begging to be traded, and TPTB will change their mind and fire Obie.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Anthem, I strongly suspect the exact same timeline. You can see it coming a mile away.

Larry just can't sell us the injury thing when Josh, AJ and Roy haven't been injured, or when Rush has played but been trashed out half the year by the team despite being one of their leading 3P% guys.

Can you imagine someone wondering about Reggie "wandering through life" when he was only taking 11-12 shots and hitting 38% from 3 with a MUCH worse defense than Brandon?

Plus any reasonable fan looks across the country to Portland and wonders why their injuries haven't kept them out of the much tougher West playoffs.

And on Tyler, NO ONE wishes he was healthy this year more than me. After all, if you think it's bad that Larry has a JOB W-L excuse, how do you think I feel having to face the "Tyler would have been great but..." crowd.

I'd rather have Tyler proving me outright wrong than put up with the "if" gang for another year or two.

But like Anthem, I'm pretty worried about this situation. I don't think it's harmless or temporary for sure in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    But like Anthem, I'm pretty worried about this situation. I don't think it's harmless or temporary for sure in the least.
    It's really a worst possible scenario, because instead of getting a clean start at the end of the season, the team will have that spectre hanging over them the entire time. Even if Obie's gone by the first game (and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the 10-11 season), the damage will have been done psychologically (to the players and the fanbase) and, let's face it, monetarily. Unless you draft John Wall, you WILL NOT be able to sell tickets if Obie's still around.

EDIT: When you add in the fact that our summer trades are unlikely to make us a better basketball team (due to us needing to get under the tax), next season does not look rosy. What's funny is that if we'd have given Murphy away and fired Obie after the ASB, next season would look pretty exciting. Maybe not in terms of wins (although I doubt they could be worse), but in terms of having players that we can root for playing a game that's worth watching.
    Last edited by Anthem; 03-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

In the it could be worse category, at least they know something is going on with Hansbrough, NOW.

I suppose to try to be positive, at least they have an opportunity to draft in a PF rich year, so that even if this is serious with Hansbrough it should allow them to get someone in to fill a spot there.

If Hansbrough had played and continued to show some of positive things, I don't know I trust TPTB to draft the best talent regardless. I still don't know they will, but at least this gives them the chance to have their eyes open to it, if it's a PF.

As for Obie, I think he's gone by the Monday following the last game. I call 4/19/10. From Obie's comment yesterday on his show about it being Bird's decision and he's a big boy about it, it sounded like he almost expects to get let go, to me.
    Last edited by Speed; 03-05-2010 at 12:53 PM.