Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

  1. #26

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Anyone see what Hibbert is doing to the Magic tonight. He even stuffed Howard for a block. He is the future.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member IndyProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    He tore dwight howard up tonight. i went to the game. he showed great range and good jumper and was disciplined with his fouls, which i thought most impressive. cuz he was able to stay in the game. he made some great passes to cutters down the lane, he showed ALOT of versatility. the jumbotron did a side by side pic of him at G'TOWN and one at the Pacers. he has made such a HUGE step its not even funny.

    he made dwight howard soooo frustrated it was quite funny to watch. at times HIBBERT, deemed one of the slowest guys in the NBA at times, left dwight howard and marcin gortat in the tracks.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

  4. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with the OP about Thabeet. I've been positively impressed with Thabeet, considering the expectations I had for him after his last season in college. His shot blocking is quite impressive, how athletic and quick he is at coming over from the weakside and altering a shot at the final moment.
    I agree, and the statistics are positive on this as well. In about 10 minutes, Thabeet is averaging over one block per game. That is pretty damn good. You have to be somewhat skeptical because ofthe way statistics are skewed at low samples, but he's been much better than I would have guessed, and I think he deserves more minutes. (There may be good reasons why he gets low minutes, I have only actually watched the kid a handful of times.)

    To keep things in perspective, however, Thabeet was taken second. Given the number of impressive players taken lower than him that are producing at a much higher rate, he's still a bust in the short term. But you don't draft 7 footers for the short term anyway, so I think he's alright. I'm still low on the kid, but he's got a punchers chance, and that is way more than most gave him, including myself.

  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see what Hibbert is doing to the Magic tonight. He even stuffed Howard for a block. He is the future.
    I guess this is what happens when you have a guy with a relentless work ethic and desire to improve. Surely this will force JOB to adjust his strategy to focus more on Hibbert's strengths. At least I hope so.

    I'm really happy to see Hibbert continue to show improvements. I was so incredibly disappointed in the way David Harrison turned out. There's so much emphasis on those gym drills and tests before the draft regarding a player's potential, but look at what a stunning difference we see just attitude and work ethic can have on potential. The contrast between those two is incredible.

  6. #30
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    I'm very happy that they went through Roy extensively in the low post, it's what we've been talking about for months now. It needs to continue.

  7. #31
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very happy that they went through Roy extensively in the low post, it's what we've been talking about for months now. It needs to continue.
    Would you be willing to coach the Pacers, Speed?

    Do you have some kind of degree in communications or organizational behavior or chaos theory that would qualify you?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  8. #32
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you be willing to coach the Pacers, Speed?

    Do you have some kind of degree in communications or organizational behavior or chaos theory that would qualify you?
    Absolutely, I'll need some assistants, though. You in?

  9. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    It's good to see Roy's funk is over with and he's back to his early season form of looking like a future top-5 center.

  10. #34
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely, I'll need some assistants, though. You in?
    Yes. Bobby Knight is my father-in-law. Let's kick a$$.

    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  11. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the jumbotron did a side by side pic of him at G'TOWN and one at the Pacers. he has made such a HUGE step its not even funny.
    I'd like to see this... anybody have the ability to throw one together?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #36
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's good to see Roy's funk is over with and he's back to his early season form of looking like a future top-5 center.
    Roy's funk is called Murphy and Foster. He's about to get funky again.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  13. #37
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see this... anybody have the ability to throw one together?
    I'm sure someone else could do better.


  14. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    As soon as he grows that hair out again we have a 7'4" center.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #39
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As soon as he grows that hair out again we have a 7'4" center.
    Or he could go "Darnell Hillman" & say "Taste It, Yao!"
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  17. #40
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Bobby Knight is my father-in-law. Let's kick a$$.

    Really?

  18. #41
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As soon as he grows that hair out again we have a 7'4" center.
    We can then call him "Fletch."

  19. #42
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,522

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    A few years ago, GTown came to Muncie to play Ball State. (It was supposed to be brother against brother, but Ronnie Thompson didn't need two years to completely ruin the program. ANYWAYS.....)

    Roy wasn't really all that big of a presence. Tall wise, he was, but sheer phsyical size was severly lacking. I read the ESPN recap of last nights game while I was watching the rebroadcast on FSN and it said he had bulked up to 278lb.

  20. #43
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really?
    No.


    It was Jack Ramsey satire.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  22. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Hoopsworld on Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's good to see Roy's funk is over with and he's back to his early season form of looking like a future top-5 center.
    I think being a top 5 center is indeed possible for Hibbert, especially with the right coach. If he is able to play in a way that suits his strengths, he's going to be extremely difficult to control. I'd also like to see a quicker PF added to help deal with the faster bigmen defensively, such as Favors or Ed Davis. Tyler would be an awesome, energetic guy off the bench in that rotation. I'd feel great about the Pacers' future regarding the inside positions if we had something like that setup. If we got Favors or Ed Davis, that would be a great rotation of bigs for the future for a very reasonable price, too.

Similar Threads

  1. Tbird draft analysis: Roy Hibbert
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Hungry Hungry Hibbert + Psycho T= summer league studs
    By spazzxb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM
  3. Pacers Talk: Is Roy Hibbert Ready?
    By rocksballer58 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 04:52 AM
  4. Star: Hibbert fouls too much
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
  5. Pacer rookies Rush & Hibbert adjust to NBA.....
    By Smoothdave1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 09:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •