Thread: The funny thing about last year vs. this year..

Default The funny thing about last year vs. this year..

Is that the Pacers had pretty much the same record last year at this point, as they do this year.

Last year at this point the Pacers were 10-21, this year they're 9-22.

I think the difference is how they're losing games. Last year the Pacers seemed like they were in every game until the end, losing tight games that may you think, hey that was a good game.. we almost pulled it out.

This year the losses are more painful b/c we're simply not playing good basketball, there's no Jarrett Jack to take over at PG, there's no Marquis Daniels who can step it up while Dunleavy or Granger are missing (though Head is starting to make a case)

Same injuries, same coach, a lot of the same players, but this team just feels different... it feels lifeless.

Maybe a healthy Granger will be the spark this team needs, maybe Bird finds a deal that sparks the team,... or maybe this is simply what we can expect for the rest of the year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Default Re: The funny thing about last year vs. this year..

The team hasn't played a game yet this year at full strength, so no way to honestly tell how good the are.

I think my frustration just reached an all-time high after the loss tonight, but realizing we had about the same record last year leaves a little ray of hope depending on how the New Year starts.

Dream Big

I disagree, this team is completely hopeless.

Mood

Jarrett Jack is not walking through that door.

God, not only would he be nice to have for his own sake, but I think he helped make Rush better (I'm not entirely sure why, but when they were together it seemed to work at the end), and I think he and Tyler would love playing together as two very tough guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    realizing we had about the same record last year leaves a little ray of hope depending on how the New Year starts.
    2011 is the ray of hope.

Yep. 2011-2012 should be the first good year in a while. This team blows and they will be bad again next year, but after 10-11 this is going to be a competitive team.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Jarrett Jack is not walking through that door.

God, not only would he be nice to have for his own sake, but I think he helped make Rush better (I'm not entirely sure why, but when they were together it seemed to work at the end), and I think he and Tyler would love playing together as two very tough guys.

Man I was so mad when we decided to let Jack go, I understand the financial issues, but I'd really love to have Jack on the squad still.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, the games haven't been as close, but I've watched some of last night's game against Chicago and all of tonight's game against Memphis, and I was very to happy to see we kept gunning and never gave up when a potential team that's broken could have.

We didn't win, but if we played that way with Tyler and Granger, maybe we pull out a W.

I think we're going to see more good than bad in 2010.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Yep. 2011-2012 should be the first good year in a while. This team blows and they will be bad again next year, but after 10-11 this is going to be a competitive team.
    It's not automatic, but the point is they have a chance to make moves that actually matter rather than just shuffle a bunch of role players in and out like they did last summer.

There just isn't much to do in the meantime other than getting someone talented out of the draft.

I know a lot of people are clamoring for Bird/JOB to promote playing this young guy or that young guy, but really, the Pacers' roster is going to look very different by the time they're competitive again. You'll have a different coach and a different roster.

Here is why the effort has been poor, what we don't know is why the player chemistry is so bad

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...n_sends_a.html

Posted by Mike Wells

I've said it in the past and I'll continue to say it, this is a bad mix of players for the Pacers.

Their team chemistry is out of whack, but it's going to be difficult for them to pull off a trade.

Swingman Dahntay Jones reiterated what he said late last week and in Miami earlier this week about the state of the team.

"We have to assess ourselves and be honest," he said. "Certain people are not fighting as hard as others. We have to find a way to bring it every night."

Jones didn't go into details on who he was talking about.

The pieces continue to fall apart for the Pacers.