Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Et tu, Tattoo?

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Et tu, Tattoo?

Getting tattoos is obviously much more common nowdays than it once was - remember when Dennis Rodman was considered strange for having so many tattoos, now it's rare to find the NBA player who doesn't have any. It also seems that at least 25% of everyone under 30 seems to have at least one as well.

Now while I personally don't have any tattoos, it doesn't bother me that other guys have them. However, this picture of Angelina Jolie getting yet another tattoo (a large picture of a tiger) on a body that I consider to be just fine the way it is without any extra skin 'decorations' made me wonder when enough is enough:

So naturally, this leads to the following questions:
    • Do you have any tattoos, and if so, how many and of what?
    • If you don't have any tattoos now, do you think you would ever have it done in the future?
    • Does your significant other (wife, girlfriend, both ) have any tattoos? Would it bother you at all if a girl you met on a blind date had a large number of tattoos on her body? (And no, I don't mean if the girl was Angelina Jolie )

Hey, we have to have something off-beat to discuss during these summer months as we're waiting for trades and FA signings to happen! (Where's Twes and PFFL when you need them...)
    [edit=77=1089729146][/edit]
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Et tu, Tattoo?

I have two tattoos.

A celtic sun on my right upper bicep.

A Norse mythological symbol (Odin's horn) on my upper left bicep.

My wife doesn't have any, but it wouldn't bother me if she wanted to get one as long as it was discrete (as are mine).

Zesty

I've got a "tribal" design on my right arm that I got on my 18th birthday (courtesy of my dad). As long as I am not wearing a sleevless shirt, you can't see it. I'll put up a pic of it later.

My fiancee doesn't have any, but I wouldn't mind if she did as long as they were easily hidden.

Nope. I don't have any.

I guess I'm pretty much neutral on them. Don't like them, but I don't look at somebody funny 'cause they have one. Different strokes for different folks.

Like Jimmy says "It's just a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling".
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

None for me or the Mrs. (or the two kids).

Never really considered getting one and don't have any plans to.

I'd agree that Angelina didn't need any extra decoration and should've stopped before the tiger.....but I'm sure there are plenty who think otherwise......

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

sweabs

Angelina can do whatever she wants

Zesty

Here's my "tat" as the kids like to say.

No!
    No!
    No!
    Yes! I've seen some very beautiful girls with tattoos. It's like painting a rose to me!
    [edit=91=1089805527][/edit]

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen some very beautiful girls with tattoos. It's like painting a rose to me!
    *thinks to himself of lewd comment involving 'tulips'...*
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Et tu, Tattoo?

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

None for me. I pass out when every time I have to get a shot. There's no way I could endure "artwork". Although, like many "children of the eighties", I had my ear pierced in college.

Every time my wife is out with her friends, I jokingly ask her if they are all going to the tattoo parlor. She doesn't find it funny. Oh well.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Zesty

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Et tu, Tattoo?

When I first read the title of this thread, I wondered if it was going to be related to Fantasy Island. I wonder if Hervé Villechaize has any tats.

I have none personally. There have a few that I've fallen in and out of love with getting but didn't because I think if you're going to live with it the rest of your life it should be good "in some way".

My gf however, is absolutely covered. You'd have to be blind not to notice. I guess you can get away with that in California though.

Last time a friend of mine was visiting from Indiana we almost went for matching ones with another friend from Indiana who lives here. Maybe this summer, it would be a damn cool tat.

btw, the aforementioned friend who lives here has the Indiana torch and stars inked on the inside of his left forearm. Nice...
    [edit=32=1089959783][/edit]

Nerd.
    Mood

I got another tattoo yesterday.

A variation of the Kryptonian "S" symbol/Superman insignia on my upper right scapular region. It is in color; my other two are black ink.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have any, at the moment.

I'm going to end up getting my last name across my shoulders in Old English. That's the only one I want.

Thank God my gf doesn't have any. For some reason I'm not a big fan of women having any, even if they're supposed to be sexy. Just aint my thing.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I have 6 tattos, five of which are about quarter to half dollar size. All are linear and black. four of them are alchemical symbols for gold, silver, copper and iron. they are on my left forearm, right forearm, outside my right calf and outside my left calf respectively. Another is two interlocking rings (the ancient and current symbol for marriage). It is on my chest, above my heart (awwwwww).

My larger tatoo is a silhouette map of the finger lakes on my left upper arm. Again, just black.

My next piece will be my largest. It will be a black silhouette of the Great Lakes, which will be on my right upperarm and shoulder/back.

No tattoos for me. I like 'em well enough, though. I just get edgy whenever I think of something permanent. What if it sags? What if I grow to dislike it? Etc. Overall, though, I think they're damn sexy on either gender. I do think if you're going to get more than one, they should work with each other and not be a jarring jumble of completely different styles, colors, etc.

Mood

I always ask myself why I would want a tattoo. It always ends up that it's a personal thing, to be different, unique. Then I always end up saying to myself that since EVERYONE has one, having none is indeed unique.

Jeff Foster

I've seriously thought about getting a Pacers logo and Republican elephant but I don't think I'm a tattoo type of person

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    I always ask myself why I would want a tattoo. It always ends up that it's a personal thing, to be different, unique. Then I always end up saying to myself that since EVERYONE has one, having none is indeed unique.
    No. People that have no tattoos are still the majority.

I've got a tattoo that says "Swan", except when my wife is around, then it says "Saskatchewan."

Thank you, folks. I'll be here all week and remember to tip your waitresses.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    I've got a tattoo that says "Swan", except when my wife is around, then it says "Saskatchewan."

Thank you, folks. I'll be here all week and remember to tip your waitresses.

Harmonica will love that one. He's all about the d*** jokes............

It's Higgins, sir.

What?

My name, it's Higgins.

What IS IT?

Tattoo....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Ah, but the BEST quote EVER from Family Guys is :

Stewie Griffin Yes, do you like cleaning my doodie, Brian? Say it.
    Stewie Griffin Say, "I like cleaning your doodie, Stewie."
    Stewie Griffin Ha! Don't forget the taint.

LMAO!!! I'm rolling just thinking about it again.

(Sorry about that little divergence. Now back to tattoos and dick jokes from Harmonica..)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

While we are talking about best family guy quotes...

You know mother, life is like a box of chocolotes.
    Your life, however, is a box of active grenades!
    You have two choices...either return my mind control device....or be destroyed!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.