Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaking Chargers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Angry Freaking Chargers

With their win today over the Bengals, they're now in the driver's seat for the #2 seed and first-round bye. They've won 9 games in a row now.

We need to figure out a way to beat these guys this year, because odds are pretty good they'll be standing in our way yet again.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Freaking Chargers

Yep.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Chargers can keep on winning. I'd rather face them in the AFC Championship game when both teams are coming off a win than face them in the Wild Card when we're a little cold and they're coming off a win.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

What scares me more is Pittsburgh. Why can't the rest of the AFC not be incompetent? There's a possibility that Polamalu may return, and if that happens, well ****.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Chargers can keep on winning. I'd rather face them in the AFC Championship game when both teams are coming off a win than face them in the Wild Card when we're a little cold and they're coming off a win.
    This

Mood

I'd rather them be the #2 seed.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    I'd rather them be the #2 seed.
    And if the Pats hold on to #3, the Colts wouldn't have to face either team until the AFC Championship game...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    And if the Pats hold on to #3, the Colts wouldn't have to face either team until the AFC Championship game...
    That's exactly what i'm hoping for. Hopefully we get either Bengals or Broncos our 1st game.

I've been following that exact outcome for the last few weeks and hoping it take place.

With the Chargers being the #2 seed and if the Pats hold onto the #3 that means the Colts would have the opportunity to avoid one of them.

I think the Colts can beat the Bengals, and the other wild card teams will likely be teams the Colts have beaten before, so hopefully that will work out again.

Then the AFC championship would be between hopefully the Colts and either the Patriots or Chargers.

I hate Phillip Rivers with a passion.

Classless punk.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Squirrelz For This Useful Post:

They sure do look good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

They are looking scary. And they are peaking at the right point too.

Will they do the final week rest thing with #2 wrapped up? That lose the momentum/rhythm quandry with two weeks off could pertain to them, too.

No question they are hitting on all cylinders currently and have been our nemesis in recent years. On the other hand, the losses have not been blowouts. We make a key play here or there and we could pull one of those games out.

That's the way you have to be looking at it if your're a Colts fan. IIRC, last year it was the offense that disappointed against them more so than the defense. Any D has their work cut out against them though.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I don't understand why people would rather play Cincy over Cheaters. The Cheaters are not that good and I love when the Colts beat them in the playoffs. I like the rivalry and the fact they come to Indy is a great atmosphere for downtown.

Keep in mind the Bengals have the Sean Taylor effect going, and Run the ball (time of possesion) They have three RB that have over 100 yards in a single game this year. They also have a younger and faster D than New England.

I would not be suprised if a lower seed 5th or 6th pulled an upset on the third seed.

Well, if we win the Super Bowl this year, we're definitely going to have to earn it. San Diego is playing as well as anyone right now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

It's gonna be sweet to beat the Bolts on the way to the Superbowl.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik For This Useful Post:

We're ready.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Phillip Rivers is one of those guys who Chargers fans probably absolutely love, but man the rest of the league's fans probably find him to be one of the easiest players to hate.

Assuming we don't rest of players, we are probably approaching a best case scenario with the playoffs this year. I don't want to play a team as good as the Chargers unless we are coming off a win. That's why I am happy they got a bye. My guess is that we'll play New England in the divisional and San Diego in the AFCCG if we beat New England. Not an easy route, but who ever said getting to the Super Bowl was easy? It shouldn't be easy.

In the Super Bowl itself Philadelphia or New Orleans will probably end up representing the NFC. I'm pretty comfortable with either game. In fact, I think either the Colts or San Diego could beat either one of those teams.

I actually like Philip Rivers, I have since NC St., but I'm always been a fan those type of arrogant football players that can back up their play

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Bolts vs. Favre in Miami.

I hope we get there instead so that it can be Manning vs. Favre instead, but our giving up the last two games of the season and having a bye week never works the way we intend it to.

I still see the Colts as the favorite. Some of you guys are going way overboard with that loss yesterday (I do understand why), but that game would have been won easily if all the starters stayed in. Sure the Charger won 10 in a row, but the Colts won 14 (and could have been 15) in a row. I dont think the loss to the Jets will hurt them at all in the goal of winning a Super Bowl.

And as for Farve in the Super Bowl, no way. The Vikings aren't playing nearly well enough to win in the playoffs. I still think New Orleans is better than them and I think Philly is easily the hottest team in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't understand why people would rather play Cincy over (the Patriots). The (Pats) are not that good...
    Maybe it has something to do with a gift-wrapped 1-point win this year, a team (Colts) that is the greatest regular season team of all time this decade but with a losing record in the playoffs, and another team (Pats) who despite the lame 4th-and-2 call has a hall of fame coach & QB. The Pats also have pulled it together enough to whip the Jaguars 35-7 after being up 28-0 at halftime, with essentially the ability to "pick the score" while rushing for about 200 yards. In the 4th quarter they lined up and said "Stop up from running the football, ha-ha, Jags, you CAN'T!" on a 12-minute clock-killing drive.

You want nothing to do with the Chargers, first of all, but secondly please admit you want nothing to do with the Patriots in a first round (for you) game after a month with no meaningful games.

I know that most Patriots fans would prefer a #4 seed over #3, since a trip in the division matchup to San Diego looks more of a challenge than a trip to Indy (though both are big challenges).

just my opinion, but I'd say the "scare factor" power rankings with regard to "playoff football" are thus:

San Diego
    Indy
    New England
    (huge gap)
    Cincinnati (perhaps behind even the Ravens, to be honest)

Also please tell me the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 12-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Bengals are vastly overrated this year (Thanks Jay ). The greatest strength is depth at running back, but three guys can't share the football or the field. Their passing game has been mediocre as well, it's that people assume that it's the same passing team from 2005.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

The Bengals are vastly overrated this year (Thanks Jay ). The greatest strength is depth at running back, but three guys can't share the football or the field. Their passing game has been mediocre as well, it's that people assume that it's the same passing team from 2005.

I wouldn't say they are vastly overrated. They did sweep Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They are a good team, a playoff team. Better than the anyone seeded above them? No, but they are better than the teams battling for the wild card spots.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I wouldn't say they are vastly overrated. They did sweep Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They are a good team, a playoff team. Better than the anyone seeded above them? No, but they are better than the teams battling for the wild card spots.
    Those are good wins, but you should always play better within in your division because of familiarity with each other. Never mind the fact that neither of those teams are "what they used to be".

Take away the six wins from their division, and they are suddenly 4-5.

Three of those wins came against the dreadful Lions and Chiefs (which were way too close), and the disappointing Bears. That makes them 1-5 against playoff caliber teams (and the Raiders). That one win came against the NFC in the Packers (the 5th seed at the moment). So they have a grand total of zero wins inside the the AFC (again taking out the divisional games).

I really think that any wildcard team can come in and beat them, though I'm not saying the Bengals are hopeless either.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...