Thread: Brighthouse cable viewers: maybe no Pacers games after December 31st

Default Brighthouse cable viewers: maybe no Pacers games after December 31st

I have Brighthouse cable and have never been happy with them to begin with, so if they lose the Pacers games, I'll switch to something else without hesitation.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...re_than_o.html

Homes that have Brighthouse Cable could be left out in the cold when it comes to watching Pacers games on Fox Sports Indiana soon.

Time Warner Cable, which negotiates on behalf of Brighthouse Cable, is in negotiations with Fox for a new contract, which expires at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31.

Homes with Brighthouse Cable won't be able to watch Pacers games if no deal is reached by the deadline

Other channels that could be impacted if no deal is reached include: the Speed Channel, Fox Soccer, FX and Fuel.

Homes that have Comcast, Direct TV or Dish Network won't be impacted

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brighthouse cable viewers: maybe no Pacers games after December 31st

Does this franchise experience everything at the worst possible time? The only saving grace is that it doesn't just affect FSNI but all the related Fox channels, which they won't give up. If they could negotiate something cheaper and drop FSNI I'd bet they would. And there goes the next tier of casual sometimes game watchers *poof*

I wonder if PS&E fees to FSNI go down if the number of cable connections drops that significantly. Probably not during a contract period, so they end up paying too much for the broadcasts as well.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brighthouse cable viewers: maybe no Pacers games after December 31st

Well, this hurts more especially since Brighthouse took over as a major sponsor a few years back. This I think impacts less people than it appears, but people like buck should be upset.

However, just get it over with and jump to DirecTV. Anyone who wants to I will get them a $100 credit for joining. :P

Thank the Lord that I didn't change to Brighthouse. We've been mad at Comcast lately but i'm glad we've stuck with them.

DirecTV is garbage.. one storm and BANG you lose TV for hours.

It doesn't mention ATT Uverse, I wonder if they are okay?

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank the Lord that I didn't change to Brighthouse. We've been mad at Comcast lately but i'm glad we've stuck with them.

Where are you that you can actually switch from Comcast to Brighthouse?

I've never lived anywhere where you can get one or the other, you just get whoever has the "rights" to your living area, or some mess like that.

-- Steve --

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post

I've been with DirecTV for many years and I've never had a problem. And if your signal goes out they credit your account $5 each time as long as you call them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    It doesn't mention ATT Uverse, I wonder if they are okay?
    Uverse is coming to Bedford next week. I would like to try it but I've got a pretty sweet deal from DirecTV, we have been paying less than what the packages cost for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I've been with DirecTV for many years and I've never had a problem. And if your signal goes out they credit your account $5 each time as long as you call them.

Uverse is coming to Bedford next week. I would like to try it but I've got a pretty sweet deal from DirecTV, we have been paying less than what the packages cost for 3 years.
    Personally I love Uverse. UB and I had this discussion over the summer. They don't carry NBAtv though. I've never had NBAtv, so no big deal to me. Otherwise the product is exceptional. The customer service is still the phone co, so that's poor. I'd highly recommend it, but I've never had Direct TV either.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Personally I love Uverse. UB and I had this discussion over the summer. They don't carry NBAtv though. I've never had NBAtv, so no big deal to me. Otherwise the product is exceptional. The customer service is still the phone co, so that's poor. I'd highly recommend it, but I've never had Direct TV either.
    I've heard nothing but great things about Uverse, but I just can't give up my pricing I have.

You're right, at&t's support is BAD. Their wireless support is even worse.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...ervice-survey/

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Where are you that you can actually switch from Comcast to Brighthouse?

I've never lived anywhere where you can get one or the other, you just get whoever has the "rights" to your living area, or some mess like that.

-- Steve --
    Lol the reason we didn't switch was we were right outside the Brighthouse area. So we couldn't get it.

I don't have cable, so this doesn't affect me, but I've got a question.

Is this a matter of Pacers games being suspended for a time while a new contract is negotiated? Or are they talking about dropping Pacers coverage in the new contract?

The first would be bad enough, but the second would be very bad indeed.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    I don't have cable, so this doesn't affect me, but I've got a question.

Is this a matter of Pacers games being suspended for a time while a new contract is negotiated? Or are they talking about dropping Pacers coverage in the new contract?

The first would be bad enough, but the second would be very bad indeed.

No, it has nothing to do with Pacer games, specifically.

The Cable Company Brighthouse would not have an agreement with Fox, and therefore would no longer carry certain channels. FSNI, which carries the Pacers, is one of those channels.

The games will still be broadcast, but customers of Brighthouse would not be able to see them.

This is the same thing Comcast is doing to DirecTv with their Versus channel. I haven't had Versus since the second to last race of the IRL season and it looks like I probably wont for the beginning of the season either. I'm pretty sure hockey fans are pissed too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Goldfoot For This Useful Post:

I can only get Brighthouse where I live. Not good news.

I guess I may still see the most important thing that happens this year....Draft 2010.