4 12.12%
  • Strongly disagree

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 12/29/2009 Game Thread #30: Pacers at Bulls

Default Re: 12/29/2009 Game Thread #30: Pacers at Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you're an A.J. fan so you probably didn't follow the team last year but the same exact thing happened with McRoberts last year. It's frustrating to no end.
    It happens, your a fan of one player, and suddenly your into the whole team.

I'm an AJ fan, but I figured during this season he wouldn't be getting much playing time.

But then the comments on practice, the production in games AJ vs. the Vets, and JOB's promise to get him more playing time...It's one thing to want a kid to get more playing time, it's another thing when the kid deserves to get more playing time.

And I think JOB has been terrible to more players than AJ. As you said, McRobert's has been pretty much invisible. Forced to play him, and ..oh look..he produces. Rush and Roy are pretty much his punching bags. And the inconsistencies for reasons he plays one player over another has got to be frustrating. Different lengths of leashes, different reasons for playing one over the other (+/-, athleticism ect..) It has to be pretty bad for those players. At least they don't seem to be fighting amoungst themselves.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    He needs to figure out whatever blackmail Murphy and TJ have on JOB.
    Here we go again. Back to blaming individual players. It's all team effort and I don't either of these guys are bringing down the whole team. If anything, Troy Murphy is the reliable star of the team in Danny's place. T.J. is probably the best sixth man next to Tyler we have on the bench if he does come off. JOB is doing the right things. Much like what Larry Bird had said.

aww..he's like our little white flag, in human form.

Seriously, part of me wishes AJ had told JOB to F off.

But he's been better in this situation then many people would have been. I really still can't imagine being a player out playing your competition in practice, and when you get in games..then too..and not getting playing time. Still..the kid sits and cheers for his team on the bench...
    I think he's just being smart. I'm a huge AJ fan, but this is the only way to play the cards he's been dealt if he wants to stay on an NBA roster past this year. Kind of just put his head down, continue to do the best he can and hope some team (Pacers or Someone Else) takes notice.

He'd gain absolutely nothing by mouthing off, no matter how much we might think he has the "right" to do so. I feel he's playing the hand he's been dealt perfectly at the moment. It can't be easy, you've gotta think w/ the current climate, reporters would be trying to bait him into some quote to paint him as being disillusioned by the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Here we go again. Back to blaming individual players. It's all team effort and I don't either of these guys are bringing down the whole team. If anything, Troy Murphy is the reliable star of the team in Danny's place. JOB is doing the right things. Much like what Larry Bird had said.
    My comment wasn't blaming those two. It was more of a "that's the only reason those two can be getting so much playing time" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Well, everyone gets their wish......Murphy goes down.....
    I certainly don't want him getting hurt or any of our players to have any injuries. I just don't want Murph on the court.

If he is out for a few games and we get Hansbrough back, I predict we will at least win half of them, maybe even a little win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    AJ - 22 mpg/ Watson 26
    Rush 28/ Jones 20
    Granger 36/ Dun 12 until he gets better
    Hansbrough 30/ Josh 18
    Roy 32/ Solo 16

Sorry Troy and TJ, but you guys should be the reserves. Actually I'm not sorry, you guys don't care anyways.
    you know the sad thing is Dun actually seems like he cares, his body just is not allowing him to get any lift out of his legs. I think his Dad retired from the NBA because of his knees. Hope thats not a bad sign. Maybe he could retire and coach the team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My comment wasn't blaming those two. It was more of a "that's the only reason those two can be getting so much playing time" comment.
    I'm not blaming you at all. In fact, I'm glad you mentioned that. I'm sure any coach would appreciate the work these 2 put in and would give them as much time as JOB does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    AJ - 22 mpg/ Watson 26
    Rush 28/ Jones 20
    Granger 36/ Dun 12 until he gets better
    Hansbrough 30/ Josh 18
    Roy 32/ Solo 16

Sorry Troy and TJ, but you guys should be the reserves. Actually I'm not sorry, you guys don't care anyways.
    He hurts our team a lot, but I'd never go as far as saying Troy doesn't care. He obviously does (and generally says the right things after a loss).

Here we go again. Back to blaming individual players. It's all team effort and I don't either of these guys are bringing down the whole team. If anything, Troy Murphy is the reliable star of the team in Danny's place. T.J. is probably the best sixth man next to Tyler we have on the bench if he does come off. JOB is doing the right things. Much like what Larry Bird had said.
    I salute you for standing by your man.

JOB is doing the right things. Much like what Larry Bird had said.

Really? Then why has he lost the players, and the team is 9-21? Obviously, he isn't doing the right things no matter what Bird says.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't even bring it up, but JOB likes the +/- stat.
    The two worst individuals on the team... by a wide margin.

+/-
    T. Ford -162
    T. Murphy -214
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"