Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SportsRadio 1260 WNDE Names Mark Patrick New Host for Afternoons

Default SportsRadio 1260 WNDE Names Mark Patrick New Host for Afternoons

This may be posted in the incorrect place so feel free to move it if needed.

We are pleased to announce that Mark Patrick will be returning to SportsRadio 1260 WNDE. Operations Manager Buzz Casey announced Mark Patrick as the new afternoon host of WNDE. He can be heard weekday afternoons from 3pm - 7pm beginning January 4th, 2010.

"Mark's return to WNDE is a great day for sports fans in Indianapolis." said Rick Green, Market Manager for Clear Channel Radio. "I received so much positive feedback during the week he was a fill-in host for us in December, I knew he was the right person for the job."

"Mark's knowledge, entertaining style and local roots will ensure WNDE's top rank in sports radio in Indianapolis," stated Casey.

Patrick began his radio career at WNAP in 1980, followed by a 17 year stint on WNDE and the Bob & Tom Show. For the past 4 years Patrick was host of Major League Baseball This Morning on XM satellite radio.

"I'm ready to talk about all the things that make the Indiana sports scene unique," said Patrick, "from The Colts & Pacers to Purdue, I.U., Butler & Ball State. It's even a little extra special coming back to WNDE just in time for the Colts playoff run and then it's wall to wall ball with March Madness!"

For more information contact Rick Green.

http://www.wnde.com/common/mark-patrick/

Default Re: SportsRadio 1260 WNDE Names Mark Patrick New Host for Afternoons

Again does anybody know why JMV left?

I'd like to know too. I liked JMV, I can't stand Mark Patrick. He basically failed in about every capacity possible earlier in his career. To me, he comes across as and arrogant A hole, I've heard from someone who worked with him that this is the case too.

Ahhhhh, I guess it's Kravitz and Eddie for me cuz I will not listen to him, at all.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again does anybody know why JMV left?
    No, but I would love to know!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theboyjwo For This Useful Post:

I just don't think i can listen to the Hoosier Millionaire guy, who is just going to talk about baseball as much as he can.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Better than nothing. Without an afternoon show WNDE probably wouldn't exist much longer.

Well hopefully MP won't let people call in with their internet moniker. Never cared too much for that.

Am I the only person who remembers Patrick as the host of Rtv? This was back in the early 80's when WRTV attempted a friday night late night music video program. Kind of like MTV (well for those of you old enough to remember when Mtv actually was a music channel) for the local market?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

NO!!!

Dammit - Kravitz and Eddie for me...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I'd like to know too. I liked JMV, I can't stand Mark Patrick. He basically failed in about every capacity possible earlier in his career. To me, he comes across as and arrogant A hole, I've heard from someone who worked with him that this is the case too.
    I've met him before and that was the general impression I came away with.

"I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Am I the only person who remembers Patrick as the host of Rtv? This was back in the early 80's when WRTV attempted a friday night late night music video program. Kind of like MTV (well for those of you old enough to remember when Mtv actually was a music channel) for the local market?
    I was still saddeled in diapers Peck but I do remember MTV playing duran duran.

Who can forget whip it,, whip it good.

I will not be listening. He seems soooooooo fake

"I'm your huckleberry"

Thumbs up Re: SportsRadio 1260 WNDE Names Mark Patrick New Host for Afternoons

*hits the "canned laughter" button* at least you'll get daily updates on how his son is doing...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

"Can I get a Baby sigg and a watson's girl?"
    Tag Up!
    Sir, I gotta go!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to special ed For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Blech.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Haha, yeah I do! I remember when he crashed through a faux brick wall as part of a skit.

I personally always liked Mark Patrick. Im glad he is back.

This is the same station that dropped Czaban in the a.m. in favor of Screamin' Stephen A. Smith, who has been giving us all his black man's perspective for two days and it is hilarious, but not in a funny way!
    Clear Channel has stepped back, IMO.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

So weird to be right back where they started. And the fact that MP was stepping in on the 1070 show lately, and now goes back to the rival. Small pond for sure.

I did love the classic SIG. Funny moment.

So does JMV return to the little chair in the end?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MPoS was a great show.

It was even better when Mark Boyle took over, but that's a different story.

Damn, that was long time ago.

Mark Patrick spent a bit of time as the morning guy on the old 97.1 before joining the Bob and Tom show. Don't remember their call letters back then (WENS?). But my Drivers' Ed teacher forced us to tune to that every morning instead of Bob and Tom.b

This is the right format for Mark. As a serious sports anchor, I don't like him and that is a lousy time for impersonations, which he's very good at. But as a radio host, I don't understand the negativity.

Sir, I gotta go.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Yeah, Had to love the spur of the moment Jamison Brewer "Uh...Sir I gotta go" soundbite. Not sure though, that JMV would ever retrurn to that 5000 watts of weak signal station that couldn't/wouldn't give him a week or two off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    MPoS was a great show.
    Well, the PoS part is appropriate ............

Shoulda gone to Willie Joe Gault..........

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I don't understand the negativity.
    He does the same schtick over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ............. you get the idea.