Thread: Huston/Indy

Hybrid View

Default Huston/Indy

We salary dump and get 2 young guys

They get some vets that can help now and be around next year when Yao gets back....Thoughts

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -16.1 ppg, -14.2 rpg, and -5.0 apg.

Incoming Players
    Tracy McGrady
    6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
    3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 7.6 minutes
    Joey Dorsey
    6-9 PF from Memphis
    No games yet played in 2009-2010
    Chase Budinger
    6-7 SF from Arizona
    8.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.5 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    14.2 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 31.6 minutes
    T.J. Ford
    5-11 PG from Texas
    10.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.8 apg in 25.4 minutes
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    3.1 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 15.8 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +16.1 ppg, +14.2 rpg, and +5.0 apg.

Incoming Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    14.2 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 31.6 minutes
    T.J. Ford
    5-11 PG from Texas
    10.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.8 apg in 25.4 minutes
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    3.1 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 15.8 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Tracy McGrady
    6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
    3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 7.6 minutes
    Joey Dorsey
    6-9 PF from Memphis
    No games yet played in 2009-2010
    Chase Budinger
    6-7 SF from Arizona
    8.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.5 minutes

Default Re: Huston/Indy

we would probably buy out T-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we would probably buy out T-Mac
    you couldn't be more wrong

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    you couldn't be more wrong
    Why would you say that. I think the guy would be pissed to get moved here in the first place and I don't see the team wanting that kind of cancer in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Why would you say that. I think the guy would be pissed to get moved here in the first place and I don't see the team wanting that kind of cancer in the locker room.
    He hasn't played in like a year, I would think he would be happy just to play. I've never heard anything about him about being a bad teammate. I would also think he'd be happy to play in our offensive system

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    He hasn't played in like a year, I would think he would be happy just to play. I've never heard anything about him about being a bad teammate. I would also think he'd be happy to play in our offensive system

If he just wanted to play why is he not playing for the rockets? I don't know much about the guy but I would think he wants to go to a playoff contender. Didn't he pretty much force a trade away from the magic? Even with Dwight Howard asked him to stay. His main reason was he wanted to compete for a tittle. Now he is forcing his way out of Houstan. I'm mean the guy just got Jamaal Tinsleyed. Sent home with pay

I think this would be a solid deal for both us and Houston. Provided that there aren't any more competitive offers out there, this is something Houston should look at. The risk would be minimal since Ford, Murphy, and Foster's contracts expire only a year later than T-Mac's.

I believe the Pacers would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't see Houston taking on an extra 26 mil in 2010-2011 to do it. Not to mention they don't need a 8.5 mil B/U PG in Ford with Brooks and Lowry handling the position.

Not only do they not need a backup like TJ but I dont see them getting rid of Budinger in the deal. Production per $ value hes hard to beat as a 2nd round pick. The only deals I see Houston doing are ones that bring in players that will give them a better shot at contending, without giving up much more than T-Mac. This pretty much narrows it down to teams that are willing to let go of a player who is pretty good, but has a longer contract than they want to pay/and or are going in a different direction.......I think a 3 team deal could work with Houston/Indy/GoldenS though. They have made it public that they want to move Maggette and are willing to part with young talent to do so.....How about something like this:

Houston Gets:
    1. Murphy
    2. Maggette
    3. Luther Head (1 year Deal)
    4. Devean George (1 year Deal)
    5. Indys 1st 2nd Round Pick 2010

Indiana Gets:
    1. Stephen Curry/ or Anthony Randolph
    2. Speedy Claxton (1 year deal)
    3. Brian Cook (1 year deal)
    4. Jermaine Taylor

Goldenstate Gets:
    1. T-Mac
    2. Houston 1st Round Pick 2010
    3. Indiana's last 2nd round pick

This gives us our PG of the future in Curry and 3 scrubs with expiring contracts, while also moving Murphy's big deal off the books. We lose our two 2nd rounders in next years draft, but we really dont need 3 picks in the draft anyway. We arent able to get TJ off the books yet but hopefully we can find a taker for him closer to the deadline, or in the offseason.

For Houston they are making some pretty hefty financial commitments to Troy and Corey, but this really shores up there lack of quality bigs as well as adding another top flight scorer/rebounder to the wing. They give up their first round pick, but by getting our 2nd rounder (which looks to be in the early-mid 30s they arent giving up much their.

Golden State def gets the short end of the stick talent wise. What makes this possible is there willingness to get out from under Maggette's 4 year deal. McGrady's expiring gives them HUGE flexibility in the upcomming free agency crazed off-season. On top of that T-Mac could very well exceed all expectations and if hes even 3/4 of the player he was he gives them a low risk high reward type of player. I would prefer for us to pick up Curry out of this deal, and while its a stretch to do so......there is really no way he fits in to the long term plans there with Monta Ellis. With the way Ellis has been tearing it up this season it would be hard for them to stick with Curry over Monta......They are both to small to coexist as starters. The HUGE amount of cap space this gives them this summer to add to Monta/Randolph/Biedrins nucleus (plus they should have an early-early mid 1st rounder to add to Houston's late mid 1st rounder I think makes this deal worth while for them.

That would be a good trade. Anything to give the Pacers more cap space.

houston has already said landry and budinger arent going anywhere