Thread: Granger Takes Small Step Towards Return

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Granger Takes Small Step Towards Return

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...owards_return/

Pacers forward Danny Granger did some light shooting on Saturday for the first time since tearing his right plantar fascia.

"It was decent. I haven't really pushed it yet because I don't think I'm at that point yet," Granger said. "The foot is still healing. Each day I try to do more and more on it."

The real test for Granger will come when he starts running, but no timetable for that has been determined.

The All-Star forward has been out for three weeks. The Pacers provided an original timetable of four to six weeks.

"There's no chance I'll be out for the full the six weeks," Granger said. "I'm thinking about another two to three weeks."
    please don't rush it...........we need him but not if he's not totally healed

Default Re: Granger Takes Small Step Towards Return

Uhhhh....

The All-Star forward has been out for three weeks. The Pacers provided an original timetable of four to six weeks.

"There's no chance I'll be out for the full the six weeks," Granger said. "I'm thinking about another two to three weeks."
    3 + 3 doesn't = 6?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhhhh....

3 + 3 doesn't = 6?
    lol

Ahh, I'd just sit him for a couple more weeks after that.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that out of an abundance of caution, Granger should probably sit until after the All Star break, coming back when we get our new coaching staff in place and that staff has had an opportunity to see what the rest of the players can do without him.

Players will feel like they have a fresh chance to earn playing time under a different coach, and without Granger dominating the team from a talent standpoint that coaching staff will have a better chance to make an actual difference to the franchise going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    I think that out of an abundance of caution, Granger should probably sit until after the All Star break, coming back when we get our new coaching staff in place and that staff has had an opportunity to see what the rest of the players can do without him.

Players will feel like they have a fresh chance to earn playing time under a different coach, and without Granger dominating the team from a talent standpoint that coaching staff will have a better chance to make an actual difference to the franchise going forward.
    Do you actually think Bird will fire Obie?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by B00sh View Post
    i hope he will but for who? who would be a good coach for our team? i've been thinking and i don't have a clue....... maybe a Van Gundy or Avery Johnson......... or give a new guy a chance like Mark Jackson....... but i don't think Bird wants to take the time with an unexperienced coach.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ire_del_negro/

The Bulls have decided to fire head coach Vinny Del Negro, but they are still looking for a replacement, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The sources say that Chicago's lack of a decision on a replacement is the main thing that is keeping Del Negro employed.

There were internal discussions about John Paxson, the team's executive vice president of basketball operations, coaching the team, but he decided against it.

Chicago also reportedly contacted Doug Collins, who turned down the job as well.
    this just in..........

He did a good job with the Bulls......IMO
    so the Bulls fire a coach that actually did well.......and we extend our coach...i don't get it????!!!!!!???????
    Last edited by sportfireman; 12-28-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by B00sh View Post
    I truly hope he does, but I could easily see him not doing so, and thereby tank the season to get a high draft pick knowing that the players will no longer respond to O'B.

In my opinion, however, the evidence points away from O'Brien willingly participating in tanking the season because he has played veterans instead of developing our young players, and he has been somewhat defensive in his tone in the media like he is trying to save his job, and has publicly called out both individuals and the team as a whole more recently, which I don't believe he would do if he knows that our goal is to tank.

Season ticket sales begin for next year about the beginning of March. Renewals may be even less appealing this year than they have been if that is possible, and they may want to try to shake things up to help that effort.

My guess is that either we go to Lester Conner in the next couple of weeks, or that we just ride it out until the end of April, hire a new coach then in time to get input from whoever that would be regarding the draft and whatever other offseason moves we are going to make.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ahhh, not another fire O'Brien thread please. That is getting old.

Seriously, this is a lost season in every sense of the word. Granger needs to be overly cautious and not come back a second too early.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Granger needs to be overly cautious and not come back a second too early.
    Agreed. But I would be surprised if he didn't come back too early. We've seen this movie before...
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Banned

I'd rather see Granger take the rest of the season to recover. His coming back is not going to right the ship.

echo... please don't rush it, no need to hurry back! But it good sign he is getting closer.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP